Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #81
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Where's BudaPEST now?
Where am i? I'm here, laughing at you. Now don't bs me. What did you claim? You claimed that Roddy padded his stats, and they look better, because of garbage time. Now let's see. Let's forget the fact, that we virtually didn't play any f'n garbage time, for a moment, i'll get back to that later.

Point per shot: In garbage time : 0.684 In "regular" time : 0.898

Usage? He's obviously improving, and padding his stats in garbage time, so he's gonna have a higher usage rate in those garbage minutes, right? Usage in garbage time : 19.90 Regular : 22.03

Field goal percentage? Garbage time: 35,29% Regular: 41,91%.

We could go on, and on, it's the same with almost all the numbers.

Let's get back to where our argument started, because you clearly conveniently forgot it. I said, West's, and Roddy's production is the same. You geniuses said, or certainly implied, "bbbbbbbut, he's playing lot of garbage time so, you can't compare their stats, because they look better because of that garbage time" Now look at that.

Not only they do not look better because of it, but he's obviously playing much better in "regular" playing time, and those garbage time minutes are actually dragging down his percentages, and impact stats. Well, they actually aren't. You know why? Because as i f'n said so many times, we barely played any garbage time this year! We played a whooping, 1,48 garbage time minute per game. So you're actually double wrong. Pretty impressive.

Now i only have one question. How in the world can you think, that you even remotely right about this argument? Your initial claim (which is the most important thing here, that's what started this argument!) proved to be wrong? I mean, man the f up. Desperately grabbing into one little detail, so that you can claim to be right about something (you aren't), and completely ignore your initial claim in the process, that started the whole debate? Man, i understand why so many puts you on the ignore list.

It's probably not because you curse like a maniac, and tell everybody how stupid they are. It's because you're f'n impossible to argue with. You so desperately wanna prove to everyone, that you're right, and everybody else is wrong, it's ridiculous. Not to mention, really, really annoying. It's shame, because as i said earlier, you're actually quite knowledgeable about basketball.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #82
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sure doesn't look to me from what you posted like Booby is padding his stats much with garbage-time production, even if he has played more in those situations than Delonte.
Yeah, I mean it's obvious. Especially when he's paired with DoJo, Roddy is rather reserved, DoJo handles the ball etc.

Also: Roddy only took 3 of his 56 attempts under 3 feet (which is Hoopdata's definition for "at the rim") at garbage time, West 2 of his 55. So garbage time doesn't affect these close attempts at all.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-13-2012 at 06:03 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #83
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Where am i? I'm here, laughing at you. Now don't bs me. What did you claim? You claimed that Roddy padded his stats, and they look better, because of garbage time. Now let's see. Let's forget the fact, that we virtually didn't play any f'n garbage time, for a moment, i'll get back to that later.

Usage? He's obviously improving, and padding his stats in garbage time, so he's gonna have a higher usage rate in those garbage minutes, right? Usage in garbage time : 19.90 Regular : 22.03

Let's get back to where our argument started, because you clearly conveniently forgot it. I said, West's, and Roddy's production is the same. You geniuses said, or certainly implied, "bbbbbbbut, he's playing lot of garbage time so, you can't compare their stats, because they look better because of that garbage time" Now look at that.

Not only they do not look better because of it, but he's obviously playing much better in "regular" playing time, and those garbage time minutes are actually dragging down his percentages, and impact stats. Well, they actually aren't. You know why? Because as i f'n said so many times, we barely played any garbage time this year! We played a whooping, 1,48 garbage time minute per game. So you're actually double wrong. Pretty impressive.

Now i only have one question. How in the world can you think, that you even remotely right about this argument? Your initial claim (which is the most important thing here, that's what started this argument!) proved to be wrong? I mean, man the f up. Desperately grabbing into one little detail, so that you can claim to be right about something (you aren't), and completely ignore your initial claim in the process, that started the whole debate? Man, i understand why so many puts you on the ignore list.

It's probably not because you curse like a maniac, and tell everybody how stupid they are. It's because you're f'n impossible to argue with. You so desperately wanna prove to everyone, that you're right, and everybody else is wrong, it's ridiculous. Not to mention, really, really annoying. It's shame, because as i said earlier, you're actually quite knowledgeable about basketball.

Uh...I never said Roddy "padded his stats" in garbage time. I just said that a lot of his minutes have been in garbage time. Which you (incorrectly) vehemently denied...
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #84
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

In garbage time or in extended minutes vs. a bench unit, you'll automatically pad your stats. Players always look better in those situations, because you face a worse opponent on defense and offense. You can grab more rebounds, you can score more high % points and there is less danger to turn the ball over.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-14-2012 at 05:10 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #85
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

haters gonna hate!

go roddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #86
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Nobody here hates Roddy. It is simply time for him to produce solid stats on regular basis and become more than a poor man's Devin Harris.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #87
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

This thread has gone to hell. Anyone denying that West wouldn't have a positive impact on this team when he comes back belongs on the short yellow bus. It gives Carlisle flexibility. You can rest Kidd more often against the small PG or pair Kidd/Beaubois together so that West could lead the 2nd unit. The list goes on. Also, it has already been established that West is one of the leaders in the locker room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
In garbage time or in extended minutes vs. a bench unit, you'll automatically pad your stats. Players always look better in those situations, because you face a worse opponent on defense and offense. You can grab more rebounds, you can score more high % points and there is less danger to turn the ball over.
This logic hasn't really applied to Roddy this year. Outside of the 2nd game against Denver (he and West both put up good numbers in that game during garbage time), I don't remember Roddy doing anything of significance in garbage time. He tends to shut it down and stand in the corner as a floor spacer while Jones runs the team.

Last edited by b_o_r; 03-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #88
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post

It's probably not because you curse like a maniac, and tell everybody how stupid they are. It's because you're f'n impossible to argue with. You so desperately wanna prove to everyone, that you're right, and everybody else is wrong, it's ridiculous. Not to mention, really, really annoying.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #89
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

That gif cracks me up.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #90
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Uh...I never said Roddy "padded his stats" in garbage time. I just said that a lot of his minutes have been in garbage time. Which you (incorrectly) vehemently denied...
You implied his stats look better because he played more in garbage time than West. I just proved to you that he had much better stats in his "regular" playing time. You still saying Roddy had a lot of minutes in garbage time? Seriously? Again, we're averaging 1,48 garbage time minutes per game.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #91
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yet, Roddy's stats are worse. Did you even read my previous post?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #92
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Budapest, while I disagree with your putting down of Delonte through 'stats' that have been contrued for use in favor of your argument, I am on your side about Roddy.

Roddy produces points consistently whether it be in garbage time or in a competitive game. Sometimes like everyone else he can't hit a shot. The main thing about Roddy is that when his shot isn't falling he tends to be a negative.

This is where your argument against Delonte really fails and many have already touched on this. A player like Delonte, when his shot isn't falling can contribute in a variety of ways and most importantly many of those ways do not show up in the box score or any other explicitly direct stats. Delonte (Marion too) is like the nose tackle in the 3-4 defense in football. He takes on alot of responsibility that gets uncredited when he is out on the defensive side of the ball especially. He allows other players to do what they do well, allows certain units to be on the floor together, because he is picking up minutes in situations others can't or are not willing to do. He doesn't pout and his energy doesn't suffer whether he is playing 30 minutes or 18 minutes. Delonte is a player like water..pour him down rocks and he will fill in the gaps.

thats all I have to say about that.

Get well soon Delonte...

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 03-16-2012 at 10:51 AM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #93
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzwestisbest View Post
Budapest...eh...roddy produces points consistently whether it be in garbage time or in a competitive game. Sometimes like everyone else he can't hit a shot. The main thing about Roddy is that when his shot isn't falling he tends to be a negative. A player like Delonte, when his shot isn't falling can contribute in a variety of ways and most importantly many of those ways do not show up in the box score or any other explicitly direct stats.

thats all I have to say about that.

Get well soon Delonte...
I'll take both and put Carter to the bench tbh. I like West starting as he can cover for Kidd's weaknesses as well as guard 2 guards if needed.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #94
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Man, it always feels so awkward when Delonte West posts on this board.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #95
nowhereman
Diamond Member

RC says Wood will miss at least 5 games

RC says West will return to bball activities next week

per EKS

Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #96
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So Haywood's going to miss two games against the Spurs and a Lakers game.

FanFreakingTastic.

*sigh*

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #97
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

FanFreakingTastic.

*sigh*
At least we get to find out if Haywood is as useless to this team as certain posters seem to think.

(sometimes getting to prove a point just isn't worth it...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #98
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

FanFreakingTastic.

*sigh*
bad news

but i want him at 100% in the PO!go big wood!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #99
Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese is on a distinguished road

Espn Dallas talks about at least 5 games for Haywood
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ast-five-games
Corto Maltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #100
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto Maltese View Post
Espn Dallas talks about at least 5 games for Haywood
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ast-five-games
Was just about to talk about this. We JUST got him back, UGH.

And this comes at the worse possible time too because we're gonna need him against the Spurs. Ian better be ready to play his damn heart out.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #101
markus1234
Platinum Member

And that's exactly why we should amnesty(or trade) Haywood. You simply can't count on him. Average centers at least should be durable like a truck.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-17-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #102
nowhereman
Diamond Member

We're gonna need some real consistent effort from Ian here, and some reliable rebounding from Wright during this stretch. Not having a starting caliber center for at least 20% of our remaining schedule is going to hurt.

Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #103
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And that's exactly why we should amnesty(or trade) Haywood. You simply can't count on him. Average centers at least should be durable like a truck.
Bullsh!t - center is the most oft-injured position in the league.

And amnestying Haywood while Ian Mahinmi is your only option is more retarded than Corky Thatcher...

Old 03-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #104
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Bullsh!t - center is the most oft-injured position in the league.

And amnestying Haywood while Ian Mahinmi is your only option is more retarded than Corky Thatcher...
Is it really so hard to avoid this kind of rhetoric ? being bombarded with stuff like that in every 2nd post is pretty tiresome.

Back to topic...

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...sition/centers
Old 03-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #105
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it really so hard to avoid this kind of rhetoric ? being bombarded with stuff like that in every 2nd post is pretty tiresome.

Back to topic...

Would be easier if it wasn't for you being that retarded and saying dumb things over and over again...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #106
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Would be easier if it wasn't for you being that retarded and saying dumb things over and over again...
I do not even know how to answer your post.

A Mod should ban you right away, but that's probably how sports message boards work nowadays. One has to live with this kind of postpubertal agression.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #107
Underdog

Quote:

Back to topic...

That link doesn't "prove" anything, except that some of the centers in this league haven't been horribly injured this year (but while we're on the topic of "rhetoric" - posting your straw man link just nailed it, by definition...)

You're not going to find a list of more injury-prone guys in the NBA than the following:

Jermaine O'Neal
Andrew Bynum
Zydrunas Ilguaskas
Brook Lopez
Brad Miller
Mehmet Okur
Andrew Bogut
Jamaal Magloire
Kwame Brown
Joel Pryzbilla
Chris Anderson
Tony Battie
Kendrick Perkins
Andris Biedrins
Eddy Curry
Greg Oden

The list goes on and on and on...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #108
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That link doesn't "prove" anything, except that some of the centers in this league haven't been horribly injured this year (but while we're on the topic of "rhetoric" - posting a straw man link just nailed it, by definition...)

You're not going to find a list of more injury-prone guys in the NBA than the following:

Jermaine O'Neal
Andrew Bynum
Zydrunas Ilguaskas
Brook Lopez
Brad Miller
Mehmet Okur
Andrew Bogut
Jamaal Magloire
Kwame Brown
Joel Pryzbilla
Chris Anderson
Tony Battie
Kendrick Perkins
Andris Biedrins
Eddy Curry
Greg Oden

The list goes on and on and on...

I think you forgot Tyson.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #109
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I think you forgot Tyson.
Yep, and dozens of other big men who don't immediately come to mind...

Bigs bang, banging hurts - any center who doesn't deal with his share of injuries is either extremely lucky or extremely lazy.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #110
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And that's exactly why we should amnesty(or trade) Haywood. You simply can't count on him...
This made me laugh.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #111
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, and dozens of other big men who don't immediately come to mind...

Don't be such a Tyson hata'.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #112
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This made me laugh.
Yes, me too.

Haywood was particularly great in the finals, how could i forget...

Last edited by markus1234; 03-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #113
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, me too.

Haywood was particularly great in the finals, how could i forget...
You certainly love links. I'll give you that.

You do realize that in order to get to the Finals, the team had to make it out of the first round? That meant slowing down Aldridge. For all of the credit Chandler had, and rightfully so, when it came down to taking the team to another level, Haywood was incredibly instrumental in that series against Portland. Chandler didn't have the muscle and force that could wear Aldridge down. It was your 2010-11 version of Lob City early in that series because Aldridge had his way with things. As the series went on, Haywood manned up on Aldridge and just wore him down.

He's not always going to have moments where he wows you on the stat sheet, but his overall presence on the back line for the team on defense goes a long way in their overall success. I'd say he's not just an average center. Is he an elite center? No, but he's definitely above the level of an average center.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-17-2012 at 03:30 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #114
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
You certainly love links. I'll give you that.

You do realize that in order to get to the Finals, the team had to make it out of the first round? That meant slowing down Aldridge. For all of the credit Chandler had, and rightfully so, when it came down to taking the team to another level, Haywood was incredibly instrumental in that series against Portland. Chandler didn't have the muscle and force that could wear Aldridge down. It was your 2010-11 version of Lob City early in that series because Aldridge had his way with things. As the series went on, Haywood manned up on Aldridge and just wore him down.

He's not always going to have moments where he wows you on the stat sheet, but his overall presence on the back line for the team on defense goes a long way in their overall success. I'd say he's not just an average center. Is he an elite center? No, but he's definitely above the level of an average center.
Bad example.

We slowed Aldridge down because Chandler stepped up big time (in game 4). Haywood played 30min in game 3 and MAVS...lost it.

If you want a good example, take LAL.

Haywood was indeed great against Bynum (the only true C we actually faced in the playoffs). But that's not the point. I am talking about the future. Haywood is too injury prone and too inconsistent to trust him in the future. IMO we can find better alternatives and amnesty him (and not Marion). And if you think i am talking BS (hey i am 36yo and been watching basketball since more than 20yrs, but maybe that's not enough for this holy board), just google "Haywood inconsistent" or "Haywood injury prone" and you will realize, i am not the only one....

Last edited by markus1234; 03-17-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #115
Underdog

Quote:
Bad example.

We slowed Aldridge down because Chandler stepped up big time (in game 4). Haywood played 30min in game 3 and MAVS...lost it.

Haywood was indeed great against Bynum (the only true C we actually faced in the playoffs). But that's not the point. I am talking about the future. Haywood is too injury prone and too inconsistent to trust him in the future. IMO we can find better alternatives and amnesty him (and not Marion). And if you think i am talking BS (hey i am 36yo and been watching basketball since more than 20yrs, but maybe that's not enough for this holy board), just google "Haywood inconsistent" or "Haywood injury prone" and you will realize, i am not the only one....
You're 36 years old? Why do you frame your arguments like a child? (seriously, using random Google searches as "sources"???)

Watch the Portland series again - Haywood made life hell for Aldrdge. Pushing a guy out of his comfort zone doesn't show up on a stat sheet. And, like you said, he was also great against Bynum - so how is that "not the point"? We have a true center in Haywood, which is something that every NBA team needs.

The Mavs were only considering amnestying him in the context of getting Dwight Howard, because, guess what - there AREN'T any centers better than Haywood that are going to be unrestricted free agents this summer. Assuming that Lopez and Bynum stay put (they will), the only other guy available would be Chris Kaman (unless you fancy Kwame Brown?)... And guess what - we might have the cap space to sign Kaman to a 1-year deal (any longer kills our chances at Dwight) without giving up Haywood, so there's no need to use the amnesty clause this summer. Just hang onto him until Dwight Howard becomes a free agent in 2013, THEN pull the trigger on amnestying Haywood.

Do a little research before you put your foot in your mouth....

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #116
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bad example.

Wait...is this a joke? Tyson by far was our WORST defender on LA. Both Dirk and Wood guarded him much better. Wood is not injury prone, either. Tyson is more injury prone than Wood. Wood is by no means an elite center, and if we had a shot at D12 and Deron, you definitely amnesty him. However, you talk about Wood like he's garbage and there are 20 better centers out there that we could easily pick up. That's just not the case. Wood is a great defensive anchor who rebounds fairly well and blocks shots. His offense isn't pretty and he's not ideal against super quick/nimble centers. There are no perfect players. The disparaging of Wood is pretty silly. This team needs him. Badly.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #117
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wait...is this a joke?
Haywood played 16 mpg vs. POR in game 1, 2, 5, 6.

Aldridge played 43 mpg vs. DAL in game 1, 2, 5 ,6.

So PLEAZE, stop overrating Haywood's impact on our wins and on Aldridge. Especially in the 4th quarter Haywood (when most games were decided) was on the bench early.

One example....game 6

9:49 Brendan Haywood shooting foul (LaMarcus Aldridge draws the foul) 77-69
9:49 77-70 LaMarcus Aldridge makes free throw 1 of 2
9:49 77-71 LaMarcus Aldridge makes free throw 2 of 2
9:30 Dirk Nowitzki makes 13-foot two point shot 79-71
9:19 Brendan Haywood shooting foul (Wesley Matthews draws the foul) 79-71
9:19 79-72 Wesley Matthews makes free throw 1 of 2
9:19 79-73 Wesley Matthews makes free throw 2 of 2
8:56 Dirk Nowitzki makes 17-foot two point shot 81-73
8:37 81-75 LaMarcus Aldridge makes 5-foot two point shot
8:21 Dirk Nowitzki makes 19-foot jumper (Jason Terry assists) 83-75
8:04 83-77 LaMarcus Aldridge makes 15-foot two point shot
7:46 Jose Juan Barea makes 24-foot three point jumper (Jason Terry assists) 86-77
7:28 86-79 LaMarcus Aldridge makes 22-foot jumper (Rudy Fernandez assists)
7:26 Dallas full timeout
7:26 Tyson Chandler enters the game for Brendan Haywoo 86-79

Quote:
This team needs him. Badly.
Yes, this team needs a Center. Badly. And Haywood gives them...an other injury.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #118
Underdog

Quote:
Haywood played 16 mpg vs. POR in game 1, 2, 5, 6.

Aldridge played 43 mpg vs. DAL in game 1, 2, 5 ,6.

So PLEAZE, stop overrating Haywood's impact on our wins and on Aldridge. Especially in the 4th quarter Haywood (when most games were decided) was on the bench early.

One example....game 6

9:49 Brendan Haywood shooting foul (LaMarcus Aldridge draws the foul) 77-69
9:49 77-70 LaMarcus Aldridge makes free throw 1 of 2
9:49 77-71 LaMarcus Aldridge makes free throw 2 of 2
9:30 Dirk Nowitzki makes 13-foot two point shot 79-71
9:19 Brendan Haywood shooting foul (Wesley Matthews draws the foul) 79-71
9:19 79-72 Wesley Matthews makes free throw 1 of 2
9:19 79-73 Wesley Matthews makes free throw 2 of 2
8:56 Dirk Nowitzki makes 17-foot two point shot 81-73
8:37 81-75 LaMarcus Aldridge makes 5-foot two point shot
8:21 Dirk Nowitzki makes 19-foot jumper (Jason Terry assists) 83-75
8:04 83-77 LaMarcus Aldridge makes 15-foot two point shot
7:46 Jose Juan Barea makes 24-foot three point jumper (Jason Terry assists) 86-77
7:28 86-79 LaMarcus Aldridge makes 22-foot jumper (Rudy Fernandez assists)
7:26 Dallas full timeout
7:26 Tyson Chandler enters the game for Brendan Haywoo 86-79

Yes, this team needs a Center. Badly. And Haywood gives them...an other injury.

Cherry-picking off the box score/play-by-play is weaksauce - WATCH the series again, because your assessment of Haywood is dead-wrong.

Also, WHO are you going to sign this summer to replace him? Name names...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #119
CadBane
Banned

I don't even know why I bother...

I'm not overrating Wood's impact in the Portland series. I'm just saying he guarded him better than Ty (which isn't saying a ton) for *that* series.

You can't just take one section of game-log...I can do that and make the opposite point too, c'mon man...
Old 03-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #120
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If it were up to me, I'd be trying to suit up tonight. But I think the X-rays will be the major determining factor."
Just got to love West...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapestmaverick=idiot, inbredretard1234, return of the quack!