Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2004, 12:50 AM   #33
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Nellie on with Norm

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
My point is that he is being sniped at (by the usual suspects, of course - aka, those who will ALWAYS try to find fault with anything he does) - and it was after an impressive win. If you Greek chorus guys would read the immediate post I replied to, you would see that Nellies "nuances" were being compared to Kerry's as losing nuances - when the context was a huge win, not a loss, for Nellie.

I cant prove he did it on purpose or that it helped. But you cant prove it did NOT help. It is unprovable. BUT - the end result is known.

So the point being made here was somehow that "wow, such moves hurt your team" - and guess what, I can show you this example right here vs Minny that says "no it looks more like they don't." And in this case, there is no question - they did NOT get a loss, but rather got a win (which was a better result than expected).
Tonight's result was a loss. If I say that Nellie missed a trick by not getting tossed out in the first minute... how could you or anyone prove or disprove that theory?! If all we have is to go by the end result, then this forum would be too blase. We rave when he wins and rant when he doesn't. Too simplistic!!

Coach needs to be a strategist off the court, a tactician on the court and a master motivator. Someone who quits on his team in the first minute of a key game, on the road, coming after a disappointing loss at home, can't be seen as a motivator nor a tactician. If the team has won that game, that's despite Nellie's antics and not because of 'em.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote