Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #361
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
god i hate fantasy football. One of my leagues is a keeper league(the one i just lost in) but aside from that im not playing any fantasy sports next year.
I doubt it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #362
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I doubt it.
Im serious man. Im pissed at myself for wasting so much time. Im 21. I need to grow up. I waste so much time doing fantasy sports that i should spend doing homework its not even funny. I might play a fantasy baseball league but other than that i seriously doubt i play any next year. Im ready to be done with college and in order to do that i need to actually get to work at it instead of just goofing off...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #363
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tough loss, Matt. I always hate when those sit/start decisions come back to bite you in the ass. It's the worst feeling there is.

I'm sitting pretty in my league, though. I've been tearing it up the last several weeks, and I enter the playoffs in nice shape. My final roster (well, as of now):

QB
Palmer
Vick

RB
Gore
C Taylor
Henry
D Williams
Maroney
C Houston

WR
S Smith
C Johnson
M Booker

TE
Gonzalez

K
Wilkins
Nedney

DEF
Chicago

I'm keeping Booker around just in case, but I'm not even sure why. Smith and Johnson will start all the way for me from here on out, regardless the opponent, and if one were to go down to injury I could always find a serviceable guy on the waiver wire.

I'm a little concerned about reason dings to Gore and Taylor, but I have ridden those guys all year long, so I am inclined to leave them there. I have a nice stable of guys to pick from for the flex spot. If Foster would stay injured, Williams would find a permanent place in my lineup.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:18 AM   #364
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Tough loss, Matt. I always hate when those sit/start decisions come back to bite you in the ass. It's the worst feeling there is.

I'm sitting pretty in my league, though. I've been tearing it up the last several weeks, and I enter the playoffs in nice shape. My final roster (well, as of now):

QB
Palmer
Vick

RB
Gore
C Taylor
Henry
D Williams
Maroney
C Houston

WR
S Smith
C Johnson
M Booker

TE
Gonzalez

K
Wilkins
Nedney

DEF
Chicago

I'm keeping Booker around just in case, but I'm not even sure why. Smith and Johnson will start all the way for me from here on out, regardless the opponent, and if one were to go down to injury I could always find a serviceable guy on the waiver wire.

I'm a little concerned about reason dings to Gore and Taylor, but I have ridden those guys all year long, so I am inclined to leave them there. I have a nice stable of guys to pick from for the flex spot. If Foster would stay injured, Williams would find a permanent place in my lineup.
if you dont win, well i dont know what to say if you dont win something went horribly wrong.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #365
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Im serious man. Im pissed at myself for wasting so much time. Im 21. I need to grow up. I waste so much time doing fantasy sports that i should spend doing homework its not even funny. I might play a fantasy baseball league but other than that i seriously doubt i play any next year. Im ready to be done with college and in order to do that i need to actually get to work at it instead of just goofing off...
My friend said this same type of thing, and he ended up still playing them. They are addicting. You should just play in less leagues, or just play more casually.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 12-05-2006, 12:46 AM   #366
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm a little concerned about reason dings to Gore
He'll be fine, keep him in your lineup for sure. Your team looks great.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #367
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
My friend said this same type of thing, and he ended up still playing them. They are addicting. You should just play in less leagues, or just play more casually.
I have an addictive personality, if i get in it ill have to play it at least pretty seriously.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 AM   #368
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I have an addictive personality, if i get in it ill have to play it at least pretty seriously.
yeah, so you should just play like one of each sport. It shouldn't take that long then.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #369
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i play no more than two leagues per type of sport. and i don't get into fantasy baseball. so just two football leagues, and 2 basketball leagues (normally i just do 1 basketball league, but i expanded this year). easy to keep track of.

don't blame fantasy sports, 5-0!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #370
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

don't blame fantasy sports, 5-0!
haha oh i dont. Its just that i do actually need to get serious about school so i can hurry up and graduate which means less time for stuff like that. Ill probably play baseball because its my favorite fantasy sport but aside from that and the one football league im in, nah.