Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #81
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Would you do this trade?

Ladanian Tomlinson for Tom Brady/Edge James?

edit: I get Tomlinson for Brady/James..... it was proposed to me and at first I thought no... but I have Leftwich and Grossman for QB's and I also have R. Johnson..... so I would be pretty stacked at RB and don't think the QB dropoff would be as large as the plus in adding Tomlinson... Brady hasn't been doing much so far...

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-18-2006 at 05:33 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #82
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do it real, real quick, before he had a chance to cancel it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:44 PM   #83
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

do it, you're ripping him the hell off. LT is a monster, and philip rivers hasn't exactly hit his groove yet either.

on a side note, check out this team.

QB McNabb
QB Leftwitch
WR M. Harrison
WR Hines Ward
WR Laverneus Coles
RB Rudi
RB Westbrook
TE Jason Witten
W/R Kevin Jones/marion barber
W/T Drew Bennet

in an 8 team league. not too shabby I think, but I probably just jinxed myself for bragging hehe

Last edited by Ninkobei; 09-18-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #84
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Chum- I don't like that trade awhole lot for you, since you only start two WR's and you already have 2 of the best in the biz with Smith and Boldin. Edge will still have good production playing in such a good offense. They aren't able to stack the box to defend against him due to the great Cards passing attack. It's not a horrible trade, but imo I'd take Edge over CJ.

U2- Do it. Quickly. You're ripping him off. LT is top pick worthy while Brady and Edge are very good players who have seen their production drop so far this year. Brady is without his fav target, and Edge will produce but not nearly as much as LT.

Ninkobei- Solid team, very balanced including some great RB's.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #85
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Got an offer on the table right now:

Stephen Jackson
Reggie Brown

for

Chester Taylor
Anquan Boldin
Old 09-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #86
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Got an offer on the table right now:

Stephen Jackson
Reggie Brown

for

Chester Taylor
Anquan Boldin
i wouldnt do it but if you start only 2 receivers and you have smith and Johnson i guess i would. It depends on your needs. I think taylor is closer to jackson than Brown is to boldin but if you only start 2 receivers and you have arguably the top 2 receivers, this trade could easily work for you.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #87
chumdawg
Guru

Thanks, Matt. We start 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and flex position (W/R). What this trade would do for me is change it from:

Gore
Dunn
Steve Smith
Chad Johnson
Chester Taylor/Boldin

to:

Gore
Dunn
Steve Smith
Chad Johnson
Jackson/Maroney/Williamson/Galloway/Brown

If I thought Jackson was that much better than Taylor, I would do it. This is kindof a close one, no?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #88
chumdawg
Guru

Working hard with two of my buddies here...

The other guy says he will take:

Dunn
Boldin
Tony Gonzalez

for:

Shaun Alexander
Ben Watson

I would pick up Clark, the tight end from Chicago, probably.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #89
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I would do the first trade cuz Jackson has been great so far, and is easily a top 10 back. Since you already have 2 awesome top 2 receivers I would do it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #90
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Working hard with two of my buddies here...

The other guy says he will take:

Dunn
Boldin
Tony Gonzalez

for:

Shaun Alexander
Ben Watson

I would pick up Clark, the tight end from Chicago, probably.
do you believe in curses? If you do dont do it. If you dont, do it. If you dont, alexander is THE best player in fantasy football.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #91
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
do you believe in curses? If you do dont do it. If you dont, do it. If you dont, alexander is THE best player in fantasy football.
Some of the experts are now saying he looks like a #1 back, but it's not as clear cut as it was. He's still elite but might not be able to be called THE best player in fantasy football anymore. It can be argued LT of LJ will be better.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #92
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Screw a curse.

On your advice, I went ahead and offered it. We'll see if he has the nuts to take it. If he counters with Steve Smith or Chad Johnson in place of Boldin, do you still do the deal?

Thanks, as always, for all your advice.

Nashty--I hear you on the Jackson trade...but I'm worried it's too much a lateral move to spend my assets on. I'd like to see a little more out of Taylor first.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #93
chumdawg
Guru

Crap, this thing is taking a turn for the worst. There is now a three-team, thirteen-player blockbuster trade on the table. It has me giving:

Dunn for Jackson
Vick for Palmer
Gonzalez for Watson
Boldin for Brown

I'm not excited about it, but I do like Palmer and I do have WR depth to spare. Crap!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #94
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So I've got cadillac williams, I'm thinking of letting him go or a kicker? Should I do it?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #95
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So I've got cadillac williams, I'm thinking of letting him go or a kicker? Should I do it?
I recommend you keep Cadillac in lieu of a kicker, though he hasn't done much thus far.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:17 PM   #96
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Crap, this thing is taking a turn for the worst. There is now a three-team, thirteen-player blockbuster trade on the table. It has me giving:

Dunn for Jackson
Vick for Palmer
Gonzalez for Watson
Boldin for Brown

I'm not excited about it, but I do like Palmer and I do have WR depth to spare. Crap!
You're taking a downgrade at each of those positions. except the vick for palmer, but I think vick is at least as good as Palmer..but he may not have the same supporting cast around him.

Unless the st. louis offense Really picks up, I call them a bust this year. I mean, they should have romped san fransisco.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:20 PM   #97
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nashty--I hear you on the Jackson trade...but I'm worried it's too much a lateral move to spend my assets on. I'd like to see a little more out of Taylor first.
Right, if you have the oppurtunity then wait it out a bit, but right now I'd lean toowards accepting it. Taylor is solid, but the Vikes usually like to throw the ball more.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #98
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
You're taking a downgrade at each of those positions. except the vick for palmer, but I think vick is at least as good as Palmer..but he may not have the same supporting cast around him.

Unless the st. louis offense Really picks up, I call them a bust this year. I mean, they should have romped san fransisco.
Wow, sorry but I have to totally disagree with you here. (All that follows is my opinion, but in this particular case, a very strong opinion)

1. Palmer is a MUCH better fantasy QB than Vick. I see no reason why he can't duplicate last year's stats. The knee is healthy, and even though he had a weak week 1 and has thrown some early picks, he threw for over 350 yards this week. I think the picks will stop, it's just a matter of him getting back into the game situations. Even though Palmer has the better supporting cast, he IS the better QB.

2. Jackson is definetly better than Dunn. Dunn has done outstanding so far, but teams will start to put 8 men in the box to slow him down since Vick doesn't scare anyone passing wise. I might call the Rams as a team a bust, but not Jackson. Jackson has had a quietly good first two weeks. The Niners historically always play tougher/their best football against the Rams. I guess it's just the rivalry, but 2 of their 4 wins last year came against the Rams last year.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:29 PM   #99
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Definetly not. Wait it out. He'll be fine. He's a top 10 back, so he'll turn it around. The Cadillac just has a flat tire, he's not out of gas

Old 09-18-2006, 11:30 PM   #100
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei

Thank you, Ninko. I have since pretty much insisted that I'm not playing unless I get Alexander in the deal.

As for your team, I can't speak too well about eight-team leagues, not having any experience there. I'm jealous you have McNabb, as I think he is going to be a stud. I worry about your third RB and fourth WR, given that it's an eight-team league. What position did you draft, how many bench players are you keeping, and who is on your bench?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:33 PM   #101
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Wow, sorry but I have to totally disagree with you here. (All that follows is my opinion, but in this particular case, a very strong opinion)

1. Palmer is a MUCH better fantasy QB than Vick. I see no reason why he can't duplicate last year's stats. The knee is healthy, and even though he had a weak week 1 and has thrown some early picks, he threw for over 350 yards this week. I think the picks will stop, it's just a matter of him getting back into the game situations. Even though Palmer has the better supporting cast, he IS the better QB.

2. Jackson is definetly better than Dunn. Dunn has done outstanding so far, but teams will start to put 8 men in the box to slow him down since Vick doesn't scare anyone passing wise. I might call the Rams as a team a bust, but not Jackson. Jackson has had a quietly good first two weeks. The Niners historically always play tougher/their best football against the Rams. I guess it's just the rivalry, but 2 of their 4 wins last year came against the Rams last year.
That's kinda how I was (optimistically) looking at it. If Jackson is better than Dunn and Palmer is better than Vick, I don't mind spending some receiver depth on Boldin. But, DAMN, Vick and Dunn have been good so far!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #102
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's kinda how I was (optimistically) looking at it. If Jackson is better than Dunn and Palmer is better than Vick, I don't mind spending some receiver depth on Boldin. But, DAMN, Vick and Dunn have been good so far!
Yeah, you basically have to decide to sell high or gamble about whether they'll keep it up. I think Dunn will and Vick won't, but that's your choice. If you get Alexander you make out like a thief in this deal.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #103
chumdawg
Guru

Update:

Now it's me giving:

Dunn for Alexander
Vick for Palmer
Boldin for Reggie Brown
Gonzalez for Ben Watson

and Chester Taylor for my pick of Droughns, Foster, or DeAngelo Williams

This leaves me with Alexander and Gore and not much else--saving Maroney and the RB I get in the trade.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #104
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Can you try to get Taylor left out of the deal? If not, take a gamble on DeAngelo if you want to do it. I'm not as sure anymore.....

Can you try to get someone slightly better than Reggie Brown? Like someone like TJ, Mason or Andre Johnson?

Old 09-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Can you try to get Taylor left out of the deal? If not, take a gamble on DeAngelo if you want to do it. I'm not as sure anymore.....

Can you try to get someone slightly better than Reggie Brown? Like someone like TJ, Mason or Andre Johnson?
Maybe. I misspoke earlier. He is including D Jackson (SD WR) in my choices.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:30 AM   #106
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe. I misspoke earlier. He is including D Jackson (SD WR) in my choices.
Do you mean Darrell Jackson the Seattle receiver? If you can get him instead of Brown, then do it, and do the deal.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:53 AM   #107
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Do you mean Darrell Jackson the Seattle receiver? If you can get him instead of Brown, then do it, and do the deal.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I'll see what I can do.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:10 AM   #108
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

He's a solid player. Definetly better than Brown, and not ons worse than Boldin. You're getting a GREAT trade if all goes right.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #109
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thank you, Ninko. I have since pretty much insisted that I'm not playing unless I get Alexander in the deal.

As for your team, I can't speak too well about eight-team leagues, not having any experience there. I'm jealous you have McNabb, as I think he is going to be a stud. I worry about your third RB and fourth WR, given that it's an eight-team league. What position did you draft, how many bench players are you keeping, and who is on your bench?
everyone has a very deep bench in this league,
I have:
Pennington,
Betts,
Travis Henry
Nate Burleson *
Wilford *
Marion Barber
Vernon Davis
kevin curtis *

the *s mean i'm looking for someone to replace these guys as the weeks go along, unless they pick it up.

also there are 4 defensive player positions, but they arent terribly important.

Quote:
Update:

Now it's me giving:

Dunn for Alexander
Vick for Palmer
Boldin for Reggie Brown
Gonzalez for Ben Watson

and Chester Taylor for my pick of Droughns, Foster, or DeAngelo Williams

This leaves me with Alexander and Gore and not much else--saving Maroney and the RB I get in the trade.
the trade looks pretty even, depending on how Alexander does this year. Dunn is a great back but I dont know how many touchdowns he'll score.. he'll get plenty of yards. if you can get him to replace reggie brown with D. Jackson and then take Droughns as a backup that might be the best deal you can get. The thing I dont like about foster and williams is that they split carries. as far as I know, Reuben doesnt split carries with anyone so he'd be a better bet for TDs. it all depends on the browns offense and defense.

on a side note, Alexander didnt start doing great last year until week 3 or 4, so if he's going for cheap now it might not be a good idea to pass on him.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 09-19-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #110
chumdawg
Guru

One guy has backed out of our three-team talks, and now the other guy wants to give me:

Alexander for Dunn
Bledsoe for Grossman
Hines Ward or Coles for Chad Johnson
Ben Watson for Tony Gonzalez

That leaves me starting:

Vick or Bledsoe
Alexander and Gore and Chester Taylor
Steve Smith and Anquan Boldin
Ben Watson

Thoughts?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #111
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I would probably do that, cuz I don't think Grossman can keep it up. Take Hines Ward. His production won't be that much worse than CJ's.

The only significant downgrade for you is Gonzlaez to Watson, but I think Alexander makes up for it.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #112
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
One guy has backed out of our three-team talks, and now the other guy wants to give me:

Alexander for Dunn
Bledsoe for Grossman
Hines Ward or Coles for Chad Johnson
Ben Watson for Tony Gonzalez

That leaves me starting:

Vick or Bledsoe
Alexander and Gore and Chester Taylor
Steve Smith and Anquan Boldin
Ben Watson

Thoughts?
I love S-H-A-U-N but i dont think he is enough of an upgrade for the huge downgrades at every other position. Grossman has played 2 HORRIBLE defenses which inflates his stats.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:27 PM   #113
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I love S-H-A-U-N but i dont think he is enough of an upgrade for the huge downgrades at every other position. Grossman has played 2 HORRIBLE defenses which inflates his stats.
Bledsoe>Grossman
Watson<T-Gon (by a lot)
Ward<CJ (by a little bit)
Alexander>Dunn (by a lot)

How is that not a good trade for him?

Old 09-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #114
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Bledsoe>Grossman
Watson<T-Gon (by a lot)
Ward<CJ (by a little bit)
Alexander>Dunn (by a lot)

How is that not a good trade for him?
I misread it and thought he was giving up Bledsoe not getting him. I would do that.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #115
chumdawg
Guru

I hope you guys are right! We were negotiating by email. I just told him to offer it up and I will take it. Keep you posted.

Man, I am fearing the Shaun Alexander collapse!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #116
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Haha, is this in your $100 league? I think this is a good trade for you. Most of the fantasy experts are saying that Alexander will definetly not get 25 TD's again, but he's a lock for 15 TD's and 1,300 yards. At the very least he is one of the few elite backs.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #117
chumdawg
Guru

Yeah, it's my $100 league. It's also my "pride" league, since it's the league with all my golf and going-out buddies. I'm giving it a lot more attention than my other league, for both those reasons.

On the one hand I'm a pessimist and I think that Alexander won't see 15 TD's. On the other hand, this guy is 0-2 and I think he's desperate to shake things up. Hell, he renamed his team "I SUCK" and then changed that yesterday to "FIRE SALE HERE!". So it's highly possible that he has less faith in Alexander than I do.

But I've been so careful in crafting my team, and dealing off four guys makes me stop and check myself. But hey, you can only start so many, and if Alexander is a stud I would be happy with it. WILL HE BE A STUD, THOUGH?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 AM   #118
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yes chummy, he will be a stud. Guarensheed. Take the deal. When someone gets that upset with their team, they tend to overreact in a desperate effort to shake things up. I'd take advantage of this if I were you.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 AM   #119
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Would you do this trade?

Ladanian Tomlinson for Tom Brady/Edge James?

edit: I get Tomlinson for Brady/James..... it was proposed to me and at first I thought no... but I have Leftwich and Grossman for QB's and I also have R. Johnson..... so I would be pretty stacked at RB and don't think the QB dropoff would be as large as the plus in adding Tomlinson... Brady hasn't been doing much so far...
Update on this trade? Did you take it?

Old 09-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #120
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, it's my $100 league. It's also my "pride" league, since it's the league with all my golf and going-out buddies. I'm giving it a lot more attention than my other league, for both those reasons.

On the one hand I'm a pessimist and I think that Alexander won't see 15 TD's. On the other hand, this guy is 0-2 and I think he's desperate to shake things up. Hell, he renamed his team "I SUCK" and then changed that yesterday to "FIRE SALE HERE!". So it's highly possible that he has less faith in Alexander than I do.

But I've been so careful in crafting my team, and dealing off four guys makes me stop and check myself. But hey, you can only start so many, and if Alexander is a stud I would be happy with it. WILL HE BE A STUD, THOUGH?
like i said earlier, it depends on if you believe in curses.