Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #801
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, seriously...the Temple figures to be a player the rest of this season. They first mentioned "The Temple" in the season 3 finale, right? A full two years later we might finally get to see inside it I hope.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #802
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. The Others were trying to get to the Temple at the end of Season 3...something about it being the safest place?

I think I'll be satisfied with Lost when they explain what Smokey is.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #803
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT A FRAKING GOOD EPISODE. .. unlike last week.

Some questions answered:

Why was Ben beat up (although we all guessed correctly)
Why did Ben wait to kill Locke
How did Ben get Alex
How did Widmore get banned from the island..

My question is...
Why was there a mini-temple like structure in Ben's house..where he drained a pond and talked to someone? Did I miss something here?

Last edited by nikeball; 04-09-2009 at 12:05 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #804
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #805
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

alex = hot

What did she say to Ben? Who did she say that Ben was planning on killing? I replayed it a couple of times and couldn't quite understand her.

add: Duh....^^^ I thought she was saying somebody's name, but she said, "I know you're planning to kill him again." That makes sense and if i wasn't such a retard on this show I could have figured this out without having to read a recap.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-09-2009 at 08:42 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #806
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Dang what an episode. So Rousseau saw Ben more than once obviously. And I guess that explains why she wouldn't confront them? Although I find that hard to believe honestly that she knew her daughter was probably still on the Island and wouldn't ever attempt to test what Ben said to her.

We've seen smokey turn into something important before (Eko's brother, Kate's horse - will we ever get that story?) but I am pretty sure that's the first time we saw it confront the person. Alex turned went from 0 to B quickly. I enjoyed that tremendously.

I think Ben is going to be ignorant enough to try and still get Locke killed.

So are we to believe that Ben killed Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Jack, Jin, and Juliette? How does Charlotte get saved? Did he save Juliette before the purge? Since we know somehow she was important to him?

Looks like we get Miles backstory next week. That should be interesting. I think Hurley is going to discover he shares his ability.....

So if it's true that Hurley can talk to dead people, which is now a theory, that would mean Dave made it to the Island at some point? Or do dead peoples souls just go to the Island? That is something I can't wait to see explained.

We also now know what the statue was I think. Anubis, right?

Edit: OH, I ALMOST FORGOT!!!! What was it that crazy girl said to Lapidus? Something about something in the shadow of the statue? That was weird.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-09-2009 at 09:03 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #807
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think we can all agree on the over-all greatness of this mythology heavy episode, but a few things stick out in my mind...

Ben doesn't remember that they were in the DHARMA initiative? Oh how convenient...That is SO WEAK. SO WEAK. Unbelievably weak. What a freaking cop out. Boooooo. Boooo to Cuse and Lindelof for that. I do not approve.

What a fascinating study in Ben this episode was. He was all over the place. Every scene had him contradicting things he said in the last one. I couldn't tell if he really thought Locke was coming back to life or not, if he wanted to help Locke or to kill him...he started Cesar against Locke...then stole his gun...then shot Cesar...then apparently was going to kill Locke again...and am I supposed to believe that Ben's going to stop trying to kill Locke now?

Actually...what IS Ben going to do now?

I think what he ended up telling Sun was close(ish) to the truth...I think he was really freaked out by the fact that Locke was resurrected.

Where are The Others?

So John just "knows" things now, huh? That was kind of cool. It was especially cool seeing Ben annoyed at that fact.

Widmore said he spent 20 years trying to get back to the island and the island wouldn't let him. So why did it let Ben? This episode certainly blurred the line on Widmore for me...I don't know what to make of him now and his involvement in all of this.

That Widmore wanted to kill Rousseau and Alex, and Ben wanted to keep them alive was the opposite of what I would have expected. It seems neither of them are nice men and this really is just a power struggle over the island. I hope there's more to it than that.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #808
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

OH YEAH!!!

Ilana and the other dude and "the crate"

WTF was that??? They're clearly there for some kind of purpose right?

"What lies in the shadow of the statue?"
Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #809
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
So are we to believe that Ben killed Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Jack, Jin, and Juliette? How does Charlotte get saved? Did he save Juliette before the purge? Since we know somehow she was important to him?
You have totally lost me here. What are you implying?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #810
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
OH YEAH!!!

Ilana and the other dude and "the crate"

WTF was that??? They're clearly there for some kind of purpose right?

Maybe they're "sick."
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #811
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have totally lost me here. What are you implying?
I'm implying that either Suns journey to get her husband was either always successful and Bens purge didn't include Jin and possibly others or Ben killed them when purging and Suns journey is going to stop that....???? Also the thing about Juliette being important to Ben has to come into play at some point. How long after those events where Ben was shot by Sayid does the purge take place?

I have to believe that Jack and certain others don't get purged somehow.... Otherwise why did "we have to go back Kate" happen? We have to go back to get killed?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #812
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They're in 1977. The Purge happens circa 1992.

I think the 815'ers get out of that timeline long before the purge happens.

I'll repeat my theory about "the incident" mentioned in the Swan Orientation Film (copyright 1980)....I think "the incident" will involve our beloved LOSTies getting back to 2007 or 2008...or whatever.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #813
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
They're in 1977. The Purge happens circa 1992.

I think the 815'ers get out of that timeline long before the purge happens.

I'll repeat my theory about "the incident" mentioned in the Swan Orientation Film (copyright 1980)....I think "the incident" will involve our beloved LOSTies getting back to 2007 or 2008...or whatever.
Good point.

And... SPOILER!!!!!

I accidentally got spoiled on the name of the finale this year.... I can't wait.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-09-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #814
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Spoiler? Do you know something I don't?

Is that not a reasonable assumption?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #815
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Then again, the Swan Orientation film mentions the incident changing the way they do their experiments, and in 1977 the Swan apparently is not built yet.

So that kind of puts a dent in my theory.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #816
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I thought that Smokey-turned-Yemi did talk to Eko. He tried to get Eko to admit he was a bad person for what he had done. Eko said that he wasn't. Then Smokey owned him.

Ben accepted what Smokey-turned-Alex said to him. He got to live.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #817
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I thought that Smokey-turned-Yemi did talk to Eko. He tried to get Eko to admit he was a bad person for what he had done. Eko said that he wasn't. Then Smokey owned him.

Ben accepted what Smokey-turned-Alex said to him. He got to live.
True. But I don't think he touched him.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #818
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Spoiler? Do you know something I don't?

Is that not a reasonable assumption?
Highlight the font underneath the large red spoiler...

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-09-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #819
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

When "Alex" grabbed Ben, I actually considered, for the briefest of moments "OMG she's going to kill him!!"

But she didn't.

How shocking would that have been?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #820
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
When "Alex" grabbed Ben, I actually considered, for the briefest of moments "OMG she's going to kill him!!"

But she didn't.

How shocking would that have been?
Yup, I totally thought she was going to silently knife/"shhhhhhhhhh" him since he was in such a vulnerable position.

I think it's safe to assume the show is over when Ben dies though...

Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #821
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Is the fact that Ben told Widmore the name of Desmonds boat significant, if Desmond is to get back in the action, like we hope he will?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #822
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Some eagle-eyed Lost fans noticed that Matthew Perry's IMDb page currently shows that the actor is set to appear as a character named George Hobbes in the two-part season finale of the show.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #823
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think that is a joke. He recently remarked that he would like to be on LOST, but that he couldn't because then everyone would wonder "why Chandler was on the island"

And I think someone who can, put that there as a joke.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #824
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Some eagle-eyed Lost fans noticed that Matthew Perry's IMDb page currently shows that the actor is set to appear as a character named George Hobbes in the two-part season finale of the show.
It will be impossible for me to take the finale seriously now. Thanks a lot, Lost.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #825
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler Bing will be the grown up Aaron. :O

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #826
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Whoever did was smart, then, because they picked a philosopher last name (Thomas Hobbes).
Old 04-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #827
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, great episode. I hate watching it this late because most of my talking points have been mentioned.

As far as what happened with Lupidus at the crate, I assumed that was a handshake password. I think someone (Whidmore?) hired a group of people that didn't know each other to be on that plane. And the way they find each other is they have a handshake password that they ask each other. When Lupidus didn't know the answer she knocked him out.

The sequence of events with Ben and the dude with the shotgun was fantastic. Created a completely unexpected moment for me.I love it when they actually show us the process Ben goes through to con people.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #828
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Good idea thig.... I like that.

I did find it funny how Ben didn't seem to care about the enormous crate that they said they needed "to move"
Old 04-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #829
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I have a question.

Given what we now know about Widmore and "Ellie's" long running association, why would she help Ben like she did?... And wouldn ben at least know of her? And why would he trust her?

Something doesn't add up there
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #830
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah something isn't right about Eloise and Bens relationship. I wonder if she was the "leader" prior to Charles?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #831
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That comment the...err...other Other made when they handed young Ben over... something about "if Ellie finds out, or Charles"...certainly seemed to suggest they were both in some position to disapprove. A position of some authority.

We know now that Widmore was leaving and coming back (and fathered Penny)...was Hawking doing the same thing and had Faraday?

So many questions.

Anyway, Eloise, as it were, could have easily told Widmore about 316, and that's how Ilana could be Widmore's girl, so to speak.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #832
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Eloise wore the pants in the relationship... and still does.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #833
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
OH YEAH!!!

wops, cant believe I missed jthig's post on this.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 04-13-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #834
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

LOST is good.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #835
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Dang, great episode. I hate watching it this late because most of my talking points have been mentioned.

As far as what happened with Lupidus at the crate, I assumed that was a handshake password. I think someone (Whidmore?) hired a group of people that didn't know each other to be on that plane. And the way they find each other is they have a handshake password that they ask each other. When Lupidus didn't know the answer she knocked him out.
Damn dude, that's pretty brilliant. Great catch.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #836
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I was thinking about u2's theory that Hurley and Miles have the same ability (of sorts)

Then I thought, wouldn't it be cool if Miles went to the caves where "adam and eve" are?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #837
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I have a feeling if we ever know who "adam and eve" are it will be in season 6 at the end. But yes, that would be awesome.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-13-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #838
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was thinking about u2's theory that Hurley and Miles have the same ability (of sorts)

Then I thought, wouldn't it be cool if Miles went to the caves where "adam and eve" are?
What's this "adam and eve" business? Was there a reference to that in some past episode?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #839
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
What's this "adam and eve" business? Was there a reference to that in some past episode?
The bones in the caves. Back in season 1.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #840
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The head writers/producers of the show have repeatedly pointed to the Adam and Eve bones and assured us, the confused masses, that they will be a sign that all the way back in season 1, they "knew what they were doing"....that this was all planned out in some rough manner from the start.

So I await their inclusion with great anticipation. Apparently time travel was on its way from day 1. I think we're not done with it (time travel) yet.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-13-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost