Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Good Fellas on espn1033

I did not know where to put this but don't you guys think this is the biggest bust by the espn1033. Brian Estridge is a butt kisser of Newy and has no opinion of himself. Newy could not stay on his feet in any argument with chuck during Big Show and now he is the lead in this show. All newy does is talk like Shaq or quincy. He has absolutely very little clue about sports in general.

The only good thing about this show is that they have to cut it half an hour early due to Big Bills media conference.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Good Fellas on espn1033

Try tuning your radio to either:

1310 AM
1700 AM
or
104.1 FM

That will solve your problem.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:44 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

but then I just hear the ticket.............................ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:22 AM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Ticket has gone from one of my favourite station to one of my least favourite in the past few months. Everytime I turn it on it looks like they are talking about grocery shopping or a turkey that in in their trash bag for months etc.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:22 AM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Good Fellas on espn1033

I don't mind listening to Goodfellas, to be honest, I get less mad at them than at Coop. Because Newy and Estridge just jabber. Coop jumps people's butts in arguments that any of us could win, but he only takes calls from imbeciles, apparently. So he comes out looking like Mr. Smart Stuff. Whatever, dude. Although I do like Coop's show and sports knowledge a lot better.

I tried the Ticket, and I see why people like it, but other than Norm, I just don't have time to sit through it. I don't listen to radio much, it's mostly music for me, so when I do listen, I want to hear sports right away. The Ticket is too far on the random-jabber side for my tastes. If I was listening all day long, it might be different. But for an hour at a time, I take 103.3.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

BaD Radio-best show in the metroplex. They know how to talk sports and how to not talk about sports. More Mavs stuff than any other show during the offseason.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
BaD Radio-best show in the metroplex. They know how to talk sports and how to not talk about sports. More Mavs stuff than any other show during the offseason.
Bob and Dan are good with baseball, football, and hockey....I think they are nice guys and they try to talk hoops, but both seem rather clueless..though Bob trys really hard to sound like he knows the game..."igottaberightis" you know....but he was the man who said Howard Eisley would be better in Nellie's system than Nash.
give me the ticket for anything other than basketball talk....103.3 has much more knowledgeable hoop talkers(Chuck, Bill Stiniford)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #8
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

I can't listen to Cooperstein. He make this noise like he is sucking air through his teeth every time he takes in a breath of air. The harder I try to stop focusing on it, the more I can't quit hearing it. It's like this seething madman is in my car. Shhheeeethhh. Shhheeeethhh. Shhheeeethhh. When he gets excited he does it worse. He is this seething, slobbering, ESPN-head talking endlessly about the Cowboys backup holder and arguing with some idiot caller that actually cares. I don't really even know if I like this guy or not. I can't hear what he is saying.

Worst sports radio show broadcast in the metroplex is on Fox Radio: T-T-T-T-Tony Bruno. Wow. That guys show is worthless. All he does is drop names of Hollywood celebs. I've haven't heard so much fake laughing since Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon. It's basically Entertainment Tonight w/ a spattering of sports mixed in.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:42 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Ticket has gone from one of my favourite station to one of my least favourite in the past few months. Everytime I turn it on it looks like they are talking about grocery shopping or a turkey that in in their trash bag for months etc.
Okay, then never mind. Listen to Goodfellas. But, for your information, that stance you posted has been thrown out for years as a way to discount the Ticket.

In times of slow Sports news, that may be somewhat true. But when the sports are hot, the Ticket follows suit.(well, except for the P1-WAC... which I wish would just die.... and also for the Rant, but Gordon is greatness and so is the Bohemian Rant... and it's on Saturday mornings, perfect for two hours of uncomfortable laughing before the day of watching College Football)
Old 09-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I decided to track the grocery shopping and turkey talk on the Ticket. Now, I won't be able to do it every segment... but I will try to document how much non-Sports talk goes on.

Right now, the Hardline are doing their favorite thing... Ranger talk.... Sports 1 - grocery/turkey/somesuch 0