Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-30-2004, 05:51 PM   #1
Finley4ever

Finley4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Cowboys/Titans gameday thread

I finally get to watch a Cowboys game. I'm excited to see Julius for the first time and I want to see how the QBs look.

post your thoughts about the game here.
Finley4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cowboys/Titans gameday thread

I'll watch sporadically during breaks in the Republican National Convention.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:46 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys/Titans gameday thread

The more and more I see of this offensive line, the more and more sense it makes not to have QCar on this team. Carter would be the better choice the more movement the QB has to make, but damn, this line looks rock solid blocking for the pass.

George looks like a fossil. He's had a couple of nice holes, but he can't hit them.

Offensively, the Cowboys moved the ball at will on the second drive, but penalties kept the drive to nothing more than a field goal.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke too soon. An invisible holding call put the 'boys in first and 20. On first, Vinny hit Keyshawn for 9 to set up second and 11 from the 15. On second down, Vinny didn't quite have enough loft on his pass to get over the linebacker and it ended up being picked.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:04 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

My lord, that is absolute horsespoop. Thost f'ing officials need their heads pounded a few times. What kind of freaking penalty is that? That pass interference penalty was a freaking crock of cowcr@p.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

don't hold back murph..

glenn just made a nice catch for 13yds

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:11 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

awesome throw/catch from vinny to glenn!!!! great protection!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-30-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

td to dan cambell...very nice! wide open...

Old 08-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

cowboys 10- Tenn 7

Old 08-30-2004, 08:19 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Basically, just throw the ball up and let the cowboys DB's screw up.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

yup....that was terrible D....he had plenty of time to find that duck and did not look back once!

Old 08-30-2004, 08:32 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Why in the heck would they not call a timeout in that situation? It would leave them with a second and goal with two shots to get the ball into the end zone.
That is freaking ridiculous clock management and freaking ridiculous play calling. I sure hope to hell that doesn't continue during the season. They all of a sudden get freaking conservative once they get inside the 5? What in the hell? That was horrible. I sure hope that Parcells wasn't responsible for that piss poor decision making. That was absolutely pathetic.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:33 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

If I'm a fan, I start throwing crap at the coaches. That was horrible. Dump a beer on their heads. That is absolutely just about the worst clock management and decision making that I've ever seen in my life. There is absolutely no excuse for that garbage.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:33 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Bill looked pretty upset that they took so long....

Old 08-30-2004, 08:38 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
He looked pissed AFTER the third down call. The screw ups occurred on 1st, second, and third downs...amazing..
Old 08-30-2004, 08:41 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Cuban is on

Old 08-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
He looked pissed AFTER the third down call. The screw ups occurred on 1st, second, and third downs...amazing..
it was puzzling

Old 08-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Let Cundiff kick the dang 50 yard field goal. Aren't you supposed to be deciding on the kicker situation? What good does it do to not test the kicker when they get a chance? The cowboys kicking staff has been nothing short of brainless since the last 45 seconds in the second quarter.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:53 PM   #19
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm starting to drink the Julius Jones kool-aid.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:58 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

the 'boys are getting absolutely no pressure on the QB.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:02 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

they just saked him

Old 08-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
they just saked him
Well, even then, they had to bring a backer...
Old 08-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #23
sike
The Preacha

ugly passing from henson

Old 08-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Henson's struggling to say the least.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:08 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

nice D on this titan possion

Old 08-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

that drive was just fine.....that whitten is going to be a star!

Old 08-30-2004, 09:20 PM   #27
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Vinny looked very shark except for that one interception and I think someone missed their route else that would have been a TD.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:23 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

I like what Vinny T is doing.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:37 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Whitten's a stud. He's really starting to become one of my favorite players on this team. One thing I love about him is how he carry's himself and his attitude. It's like the complete opposite of Shockey's.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Nice to see a QB making solid decisions.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:41 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Whitten's a stud. He's really starting to become one of my favorite players on this team. One thing I love about him is how he carry's himself and his attitude. It's like the complete opposite of Shockey's.
i do like this kid...I hope he and Henson become a great tandom

Old 08-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

20-17

still so many questions about this team remain unanswered.....

Old 08-30-2004, 10:58 PM   #33
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

-Julius had some nice runs, but it seems like he wore down as he started carrying a bigger load in the 2nd half. I didn't see that same burst on his last run.

-The o-line looked great. Then again, if this were a regular season game, the Titans would have put Vinney on his back, no matter how many rushers they had to bring.

-I'm glad Whitten had a good game, because I wanted the Cowboys to take Chris Brown last year. That guy is a relentless runner.

-I'm worried that our ends still can't get any pressure on the QB. Culpepper will pick us apart if he has that kind of time. Or tackles looked better than thay have the 1st couple of games.

-Tony Dixon was a horrible 2nd round pick. Woody needs to get back soon.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:00 PM   #34
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

hell at the rate Vinny's going he might be out there 5 more years, and Henson won't get a chance. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Anyways, I have a feeling I'm going to be throwing stuff at TV's this enire NFL season. This illegal contact downfield shit is gonna get old. And I'm not being biased. It seems like everygame I've watched, offenses are getting bailed out on 3rd and long, by some ticky tack shit. BUt the calls won't go both ways. We are going to see so many DB's out of position on passing plays, just because they are scared to make any contact. I mean all Dbs use there hands as reference. Most of the time it isn't real contact, there just feeling it out, just as WR's do. But it seems like the flags are flying only when it benefits the Offense.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:19 AM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Old 08-31-2004, 10:41 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Vinny looked very shark except for that one interception and I think someone missed their route else that would have been a TD.
I'm confused, is good or bad when your QB looked "shark"? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2004, 02:15 PM   #37
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, am i ever glad to see george gone. 4 carries, 3 yards? that's about his regular average...

how about that brown stiff-arm on williams? nice!
Old 08-31-2004, 03:40 PM   #38
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
man, am i ever glad to see george gone. 4 carries, 3 yards? that's about his regular average...

how about that brown stiff-arm on williams? nice!
Yea, and he paid you guys back by spraining both of Calico's knees.

I like Brown though...I was hoping the Cowboys would draft him after watching him run at Colorado.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:23 PM   #39
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

it's always cool when you have to take out your frustrations (after being made to look like a fool) on a vulnerable receiver (that was already out of bounds).

yeah, i was pumped when the titans got brown. in the later rounds, too.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:34 PM   #40
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
it's always cool when you have to take out your frustrations (after being made to look like a fool) on a vulnerable receiver (that was already out of bounds).

yeah, i was pumped when the titans got brown. in the later rounds, too.
Com on Big Boy, you know that was a clean tackle...as I remember it, Calico was two or three yards from the sideline and about the turn the corner...Roy pulled him out of bounds. I haven't read the Tenn papers, were they questioning it?