Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-06-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Getting something off my chest

To everyone that roots for Texas Tech:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 PM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:Getting something off my chest

Dooby were you at the game? Did you get hit with a flying tortilla? Why the hard feelings?

I have no affiliation with either SMU or Tech - but whenever i get a chance to see a raider game i'll go because its usually exciting on the field. However this time around the action happened before and after the game itself.

I went with my buddies from Lubbock and we were loud and obnoxious all game. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

In retrospect i realize SMU fans have a legitimate reason to been pissed that:
1) more than 2/3 of the fans were rooting for Tech
2) Leach tried to "get more experience for his quarterback" by trying to run it up
3) rowdy fans threw tortillas, were allowed to sit around the tunnel, and booed during the SMU fight song at games end

I have been made to understand that Tech fans feel like this is their time to celebrate. So maybe Tech fans are a little overzealous at times - but aren't we all guilty of that from time to time?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:33 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

***WARNING!!!! Profanity laden tirade follows!!!***

Excuse me for being offended by classless bullshit.

I don't know if you know this, but save for 3 years I lived in Houston, I have gone to pretty much every home SMU game since I started school there in 1991. I have also been to several road games (but never traveled to that shithole that is Lubbuck). And most of those home or road games that I missed, I listened to on the radio or watched on TV. In short, I have seen my fair share of losing and I have seen my fair share of blowouts. So, as like many of the SMU fans there, calling SMU sore losers falls a little short. I have left several games dejected or disappointed and left a few angry at decisions made by my own coach, but on only one occasion have I left a game angry with the other team. This was the second.

I don’t fault Texas Tech’s “coach” for passing the ball on that last drive and not running a halfback dive; I don’t fault Texas Tech’s “coach” for going for it on fourth and short. I condemn that doughy piece of shit for running a goddamn hurry up offense with under 2 minutes and a first down; I spit on that F’ing poor man’s Phil Mickelson look-alike for throwing deep for no reason; I fart in the general direction of that Bob Stoops wanna be for not taking a knee in a situation that 116 of the 117 Div. 1 coaches would have.

And hey, for those that say, if SMU doesn’t like it, they should have stopped it, I remind you that we did because your little juco team didn’t score.

I also liked how that turd didn’t have the balls to stand up for what he did and went and hid behind the strength and conditioning “coach”. I guess that was because all of the other real “coaches” Tech has must be fat fucks too.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Getting something off my chest

yikes...I read the warning and still was not prepared....

it was a classless move.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hadn't heard about this. Someone care to give a rundown?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

rundown: Tech sucks. And the coach is classless. Look on the bright side Dooby, the coach has to live in Lubbock. That is punishment I wouldn't wish on anyone besides Bin Laden.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:44 AM   #7
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
***WARNING!!!! Profanity laden tirade follows!!!***

Excuse me for being offended by classless bullshit.

I don't know if you know this, but save for 3 years I lived in Houston, I have gone to pretty much every home SMU game since I started school there in 1991. I have also been to several road games (but never traveled to that shithole that is Lubbuck). And most of those home or road games that I missed, I listened to on the radio or watched on TV. In short, I have seen my fair share of losing and I have seen my fair share of blowouts. So, as like many of the SMU fans there, calling SMU sore losers falls a little short. I have left several games dejected or disappointed and left a few angry at decisions made by my own coach, but on only one occasion have I left a game angry with the other team. This was the second.

I don’t fault Texas Tech’s “coach” for passing the ball on that last drive and not running a halfback dive; I don’t fault Texas Tech’s “coach” for going for it on fourth and short. I condemn that doughy piece of shit for running a goddamn hurry up offense with under 2 minutes and a first down; I spit on that F’ing poor man’s Phil Mickelson look-alike for throwing deep for no reason; I fart in the general direction of that Bob Stoops wanna be for not taking a knee in a situation that 116 of the 117 Div. 1 coaches would have.

And hey, for those that say, if SMU doesn’t like it, they should have stopped it, I remind you that we did because your little juco team didn’t score.

I also liked how that turd didn’t have the balls to stand up for what he did and went and hid behind the strength and conditioning “coach”. I guess that was because all of the other real “coaches” Tech has must be fat fucks too.
Dude,
I may have been rooting for the visitors but i echo the fact that it was a classless move. The actual Tech students seated around me seemed to agree - allbeit they weren't necessarily shocked at their wacky coach.

I respect Southern Methodist as an institution. In fact, my first college football game was @SMU in the endzone bleachers at the old stadium. It was post- death penalty 92 or 93? - a UMYF event the day before church.

To be clear -- I even root for TCU & SMU in general because they are the home teams (dfw) and usually the underdog - however - it just so happens that one of my good friend is in Lubbock and my other buddy just escaped back to Dallas. They are huge raider fans and make it fun to go out to the game. I have the good fortune to live in austin so for me it was a fun laborday weekend with the guys i don't see alot. I went because - like in the houston bowl, and @ Baylor - Tech was supposed to win - thereby cheering up my friend stuck in BFLubbock. He likes to be loud and obnoxious and i like to encourage his heckling - no hard feelings man.

For your sake I hope Bennett gets the thing turned around - i'm sure when the mustangs make it back to a bowl game you'll be there to celebrate. When that day comes you might not think twice about calling an opposing team "losers" - when you're up you just go with it. With a big12 schedule Tech football has reached a ceiling and rely on BLOWOUT victories (like @ SMU) to guarantee big stat /8 win seasons. The crowd was a little restless because that's not what they witnessed.

as far as Mike Leach is concerned: i liken him to the Don Nelson of college football. he is allways trying to out scheme the other coach - after all the guy went for it on fourthdown a half dozen times literally passing on obvious field goal attempts. The mad scientist averaged over 40 points a game last season and he wants to know if his new quarterback is capable. At halftime Tech was leading only 6-3 and since Cumbie didn't actually get the offense in rhythm until the game was almost over leaving adaquate reasoning for him. Maybe he regrets it now that Phil Bennett got so upset, - who knows, the guy is weird.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:43 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's understandable why Tech went for it on so many 4th downs. They had no trust in their kicker for obvious reasons. However, to continue to throw the ball and to leave the starters in for so long was inexcusable.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote