Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #22
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seeing some decent individual defense more often this season. The problem that I see is we aren't tied together consistently enough. The scheme seems to be ok but no defensive system works when guys aren't focused on the details and finishing plays.

I watched KP end up out of position a few times, especially after switching. It looks to be laziness but it could also be that he thinks he can get to these shots to block or contest because of his length. Since he has come back I have been waiting for him to buckle down and be a part of the extra effort we have been giving and he is just not getting it done.

Luka on the other hand has been much better this season and although he gets caught in screens sometimes, his recovery effort is way better than KPs.

Poor THJ is the worst defender that we have to rely on to contribute. He loses his man, lets small guys get rebounds over him and has TERRIBLE feel of when he can leave his man to help or double in the paint. He dips down too often and when he does nothing ever gets accomplished...aside from a wide open 3.

They need to find a way to tie it all together. We can't keep having 20 seconds of solid defense and then shit the bed for an easy layup or an open 3.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote