Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-18-2004, 03:48 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default A Decent Milwaulkee trade

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (17.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 39.9 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.1 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Toni Kukoc (9.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.9 apg in 21.6 minutes)
SG Michael Redd (21.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.5 minutes)
PF Brian Skinner (9.2 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +14.7 ppg, +6.2 rpg, and +1.8 apg.

Orlando trades: SF Toni Kukoc (9.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.9 apg in 21.6 minutes)
SG Michael Redd (21.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.5 minutes)
PF Brian Skinner (9.2 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -40.1 ppg, -16.5 rpg, and -6.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Milwaulkee does it because they'd probably have the best guard rotation in the east. They could use good defenders in Finley and Howard. When i watch them play, i think they wouldn't be terrible without Brian Skinner.

Dallas does it to get younger and a big man. Redd rarely goes cold from beyond the arc, and Skinner can guard some people. Oh yeah, and Kukoc isn't too shabby either.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: A Decent Milwaulkee trade

Um no....Howard is the future of this team. I wouldnt do howard for Redd straight up. So ur basically asking me to trade Fin for Skinner and Kukoc...nope...Kukoc couldnt get PT behind Jamison Walker and Dirk...Also our SG situation is just Redd and Daniels after this trade and that isnt good.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Think about it as trading Redd for Finley, and trade Howard for Kukoc and Skinner.

Lineup

Nash/Best
Redd/Daniels
Walker/Jamison
Dirk/Kukoc/Najera
Bradley/Fortson/N' diaye

not too shabby. But good point about our 2 guard rotation.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 04:21 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:A Decent Milwaulkee trade

not in a million years would the mavericks make this trade..nor would i want them too.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 04:22 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I say no. The opportunity to land Redd and unload Fin's contract is tempting, but Redd's not much for it defensively, and Fin is important chemistry-wise. Kukoc is a good, smart vet, but he'd just further clog an already cluttered tweener forward lineup. Skinner could help us in the middle, but he's not even close to being worth losing Howard over. Howard's our stopper on the perimeter. We make this trade and we have pretty much zero chance of being able to slow down guys like Kobe.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:38 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

No, no, HELL NO!!! Sorry, this looks like an incredibly bad trade in talent and doesn't meet any of our outstanding needs. We can't trade Fin and get equal value because of his age and big contract. We can't trade Howard and get equal value because of his small contract. With this trade we get screwed like the redneck family pooch. No thanks.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:07 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

the lesson of the day is this kids.

crack kills.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:13 PM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
the lesson of the day is this kids.

crack kills.
lol,

now lets all say it together class

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote