Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-21-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default Blazers to trade McInnis/ Boumtje-Boumtje for Darius Miles

The Oregonian has learned the Blazers will hold a 3:30pm press conference today to announce they have traded Jeff McInnis and Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje to Cleveland for small forward Darius Miles.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Blazers to trade McInnis/ Boumtje-Boumtje for Darius Miles

Seems decent at first blush. Blazers get the SF they've been looking for. Cavs get a guy who can take some of the playmaking load off of LeBron.

Two questions: First, how many centers do the Cavs now have? Four, right? Kinda makes you wonder if they aren't doing this in part because they think a Z trade might be on the horizon.
Second, I'm too lazy to check the Blazers' roster. Who plays point now outside of mighty mouse?
Old 01-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Seems decent at first blush. Blazers get the SF they've been looking for. Cavs get a guy who can take some of the playmaking load off of LeBron.

Two questions: First, how many centers do the Cavs now have? Four, right? Kinda makes you wonder if they aren't doing this in part because they think a Z trade might be on the horizon.
Second, I'm too lazy to check the Blazers' roster. Who plays point now outside of mighty mouse?
I don't think they have another point man behind Stoudamire. Their guards or swingmen include: Derek Anderson, Ruben Patterson, Wesley Person and now Darius Miles. But, no other true point guard.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
The Oregonian has learned the Blazers will hold a 3:30pm press conference today to announce they have traded Jeff McInnis and Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje to Cleveland for small forward Darius Miles.
this means the end of those awful rumors that involve us. With Randolph as their power forward, Jamison would be a 3 for them. Miles is one of the 3s they wanted therefor the 'Sheed trade won't happen.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:45 PM   #5
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Although I wish the rumors would go away for a while, I don't think this kills the Mavs possible involvement in any Rasheed deal. You're deluding yourself if you think that Miles answers all that team's problems. If anything, he may make Rasheed more of a tradeable commodity. Now, they have another athletic body to play at the 3 if they need. I still believe that Rasheed gets traded this season. This may even help speed that along. But as long as that idea is out there, Dallas will be linked to him - fairly or not.

I do think this proves one thing though. Zydrunas Ilgauskus will not be traded to Portland. If so, I think it would have happened in this deal. Mark one suitor off that list.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:50 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

While this doesn't at all insure that Sheed won't be traded, I definitely think it makes it less likely that he'll be traded to Dallas this season. The Antwins would be the only reasonable bait in a Wallace trade, and Portland has less of a need at the SF position now.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:34 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

With the shortage at PG for the Blazers, Walker becomes even more attractive to them as a playmaker. I'm not losing any sleep one way or the other.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazers to trade McInnis/ Boumtje-Boumtje for Darius Miles

Well at least Ruben wont have to get beaned with basketballs by Wallace anymore!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:42 AM   #9
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
With the shortage at PG for the Blazers, Walker becomes even more attractive to them as a playmaker. I'm not losing any sleep one way or the other.
I agree (especially about not losing any sleep).
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:08 AM   #10
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

One important question! The Cav's now have another center, are they more likely to trade Ilgauskas to us?
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

prediction: neither team will get what they are hoping for from these guys......

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote