Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brian Grant and Antonio Davis

Both are undersized and washed up. I don't think Cuban or Nelson are stupid, but if they acquire either of these players, I'll puke.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:58 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Brian Grant and Antonio Davis

I sincerely hope they're not that stupid. Not that BG and AD are totally worthless, but I wouldn't even dream of trading any of the Big 5, Big Shawn, or JHo for them.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

BG or AD or some combination of Delk, TAW, and Najera might be OK. Otherwise no.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
BG or AD or some combination of Delk, TAW, and Najera might be OK. Otherwise no.
I'd take either BG or AD for some combination of those 3 players. You can't have too many players who can bang inside - it's just not possible.

But I wouldn't give more than these three.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

KG,
I don't know if both are completely washed up but I have no interest with either at their salary level. Davis is closer to being done then Grant probably. I haven't watched Grant play this year so he may have regressed also. Both guys were very good pieces in their day, but the Mavs would be very foolish going after either due to their production and salary.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 04:38 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, I'd take one of them for Najera and Delk, but who's gonna do that? Miami's not. Chicago's not.

I wouldn't deal any of the top 10 players on our roster for them.

And as JK pointed out, their salaries are terrible. Cuban was the one who nixed Brian Grant once before; a very shrewd financial move.

Old 01-19-2004, 04:40 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Brian Grant and Antonio Davis

I don't know crap about Davis, but i know Grant isn't totally washed up. If he was a free agent, he'd be worth the MLE, but i don't think i'd trade anybody on this team for him. Grant can still rebound and he only takes shots when he's open. He's a team player.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

KG ther have probably been dumber trades done, but we have less chance than winning the lottery on a single ticket of getting Chicago or Miami to trade AD or BG for the scrubs on the end of our bench.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Nash13 - Grant won't be a FA until he's like 40 or somesuch. The dude's contract goes on forever. And personally, there are a lot of guys I'd give the MLE to before I'd give it to him.

LRB - I was pretty much implying I wouldn't trade for him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2004, 11:47 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Brian Grant and Antonio Davis

Grant carries a big price tag for not a lot of bang...and like all they need is another undersized big man who aint that big....
Davis I have always liked but seems to have dropped off this year...I think he's 34......not many more miles on those tires....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:50 AM   #11
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

If I got Dwayne Wade along with Grant I might do it.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote