Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-23-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default Small Trade that Might be Worth It

I read a statement from a Marcus Fizer's agent that suggests Fizer wants to be traded. He's no star, but I think he could help us off the bench. Granted, Fizer is another under-sized PF in the Danny Fortson mode, but he's a better offensive player and is in much better shape. I wouldn't give up anything major for him, but I might to this trade:

Dallas trades: Jon Stefansson ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 16.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Marcus Fizer (6.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.6 ppg, +2.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Chicago trades: PF Marcus Fizer (6.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Chicago receives: Jon Stefansson ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
PG Tony Delk (6.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 29 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.6 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Delk could be good insurance for Chicago if they plan to trade Jamal Crawford. Fizer probably doesn't have that much trade value anymore.

Could Fizer be worth anything to this team? Or would he be a wasted roster spot on a team that already has too many 4's?
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Small Trade that Might be Worth It

... and Fizer would play where? There's no place for him here anymore.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Small Trade that Might be Worth It

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
... and Fizer would play where? There's no place for him here anymore.
I was thinking he might be an upgrade over Fortson at the back-up 5 and 4 positions, but you're right, a Fizer trade would have made a lot more sense last season.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:49 PM   #4
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Fizer isnt Fortson.

He is taller than Fortson but still would be quite undersized for a 5, at 6-9. He is a low post player. Perhaps Jamison is a better comparison as to size and positioning.

Not tall enough to be worth making a change, IMO.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

fizer is not near as strong as fortson...actually hes more comparable to Walker than Jamison...at Iowa State he played the point forward a lot
Old 01-23-2004, 05:44 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

dont see the relevance...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:29 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Small Trade that Might be Worth It

I'd rather not. keep Delk and Stef for filler if we need them in a trade later. I really don't see Fizer getting much PT at the overcrowded 4 spot and he's not what we need at the 5.