Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U2 and cowardice

Making a bullcrap accusation and then locking a thread so noone can respond is cowardly.

Deleting several posts right after that without cause is also cowardly, especially when the content alone was not edit worthy.

u2 is guilty of both.

This isn't the first time he has "hit and run". I predicted it earlier in that thread and he has done it to Dan, murphy a million times it seems, and several others. Mods should not be above reproach. Certainly they should not hide behind their skirt in a hit and run manner.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Enough, Doc. Your point is well taken. It was well taken many, many posts ago.

Look, you know that U2 is a good guy. You know that he does a good service volunteering his time to this board, to help keep the likes of Dues de Omini and those of his ilk from bugging the shit out of the rest of us. You also know that he is a good, long-time member of this board, and without long-time members like him or the rest of us this board would not be worth frequenting.

You also know that you are the mack-daddy around these parts. Everyone knows that one rep from you can swing their bar two or three numbers one way or the other. But that aside, everyone loves your contribution to the board in all the forums.

But enough. Enough. The point has been made, and I for one, would be very appreciative if you would drop this agenda against U2. I recognize that there may be some sort of bad blood between you two--and I can't say that I didn't enjoy watching you two battle it out in the last couple days--but I think we at d-m.com are better than this.

It was a fun fight, for us all to watch--you both had very good points on your side--but I think that now we all would prefer for you to be friends again and for us all to get back to watching Mavs basketball. I don't like your signature, because I like all you guys and I don't think there should be any fighting.

And just to gain some brotherhood with you, let them fucking censor this fucking shit. Feel me? Take this fucking word out of my post!

Point is, I highly enjoy it when we can direct a little bit of well-timed vitriol toward those like Deus who are highly deserving. But Doc, c'mon. You know that U2 only means well. I know you know that.

Apologies to anyone for inserting myself into this debate, but I really do think that it's gone on enough. As I said, Doc, you made your point. Would you do me a favor and let off the throttle a little bit? You know I was right behind you when you started that program to stand for others for premium memberships.

And speaking of that, what ever became of it? I never saw any other essay submissions besides the one I posted.

But anyway, this argument just needs to be put to rest. Both your sides are very well appreciated. And Doc, I can understand where you are coming from. I have heard from others in private messages, others who I think unfairly singled you out. Hey, some people have thin skin. But we don't have to have such thin skin, now do we? Let's be bigger people about it all.

And Doc, if you will agree to continue calling out fools when the situation warrants it, I will be happy to stand for yet another premium membership to this site, on your behalf. But only on the condition that you revert back to your good old sig from before. Is it possible for us to get back to where we were a few days ago?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

If he will drop it I will. BUt I will NOT stand for being called out without reply and locking a thread to make sure I can't is pretty yellow.

As for your question, I received no submissions on that offer other than from those who were members. We had ten sponsorships lined up so it was frustrating. You know damn good and well though that I will re-up, but my point was made. Since there is no other way to butt up against a runaway mod, you can only fight with support. My point was made and validated when mavdog jumped on it. The site was not harmed in any way and IF he keeps his word (which is debatable) the site should be receiving $120 from mavdog. I bet he balks though.

Btw.....thanks chum.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
The site was not harmed in any way and IF he keeps his word (which is debatable) the site should be receiving $120 from mavdog. I bet he balks though.
oh, the irony. the person who "balks" at following through with their "word" on scholarships makes the presumption, actually an accusation, that another person who made a committment to underwrite scholarships won't fulfill their promise.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
oh, the irony. the person who "balks" at following through with their "word" on scholarships makes the presumption, actually an accusation, that another person who made a committment to underwrite scholarships won't fulfill their promise.

Once again mavdog makes an outlandish statement without support of the facts. My agreements months ago were all offered in full. A contest was held and not one person in need of a membership entered. You can't give a membership when noone who needs one will apply. Sorry, but you are exposed the fool (again). But I guess once again you don't let facts get in the way of your desire to be an ignorant ass. Nice job yet again. You really ought to do a little fact checking before making yourself look like such an ignorant tool so consistently.

Donate your $120 yet?

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #6
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

hmmm, seems there is a post dated february 2 at 10:00 AM that said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I was prepared to support five memberships a year to those who might not be able to afford it as I showed very clearly by action and deed (sad that didn't go as well as hoped isn't it?), but that is over now. At least until u2 quits as a mod or apologizes in a very public fashion for abusing his power and letting his weak personal bias affect a better judgement.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Hmmm...seems you overlooked the obvious "sad that didn't go as well as hoped isn't it?" part and instead went into ignorant assumption on your part mode.

Funny how talking out of your ass makes you look like such a fool so often eh mavdog? Sure did this time.

Facts:
I offered up five and had another five commitments from other great members.
I asked dj how he wanted to handle it...he said a contest.
The contest was offered.
Only a couple members entered and none of those needed the membership.
The contest was opened to everyone.
Noone else ever entered.
Kind of fizzled on the vine.
Can't award a membership to someone who never applied.

It's not anyone's fault but yours that you misinterpreted the post. Of course, we are all used to that from you so it isn't surprising. Thanks for brightening my day with your open and public ignorance. Need a towel to wipe that egg off your face or is the ignorance sufficiently covering you at this point?

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
Mavdog
Diamond Member

it's pretty funny to read you trying to dance out of this.

if you followed through on your committment, how would it be possible for you to state in your own words "but that is over now"?

if it is "over now" how could it have been done?

it couldn't.

so either you were not honest then or you're not honest now.

which is it?

maybe you shouldn't be attempting to disparage someone for making a good faith offer. but then, that would require some class.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

The offer ended when noone applied but I guess that is lost your feeble mind. What has temporarily ended is future offerings. But thanks for bringing attention to this thread again. I've gotten so many emails and pm's from those enjoying it. You can't buy advertising like you are providing.

Sorry mavdog, but your dog don't hunt. You got caught with your pants down talking about something you know NOTHING about and once again were exposed the fool.

Maybe you shouldn't be attempting to talk about something you know absolutely nothing about. But then, that would require some intellect.

I truly enjoyed the laugh. Man you are obtuse.....and thanks for it.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:03 PM   #10
Mavdog
Diamond Member

what music do you play while you do this dance of backtracking? a waltz? my guess is a tap.

bad news to report.....it isn't working.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

I think everyone here is smart enough to recognize who is backtracking. Drop your pants did you? Revel in your ignorance....we all understand. You tried to throw a stone and hit yourself right in the forehead. LOL!!!!!!

Thanks for yet another bump of this thread!!!!!!

You know...he never answered the $120 question.....figures.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #12
Mavdog
Diamond Member

keep on dancin'....

sure, your welcome, it clearly shows you for the weak person that you apparently are.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

LOL!....you can't help yourself. Exposed the fool but go down with the ship.

Still avoiding the question I see...

Keep on bumping....I'll keep on thankin'.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Doc you sure can make me laugh!
Old 02-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #15
Mavdog
Diamond Member

apparently you believe repeating fabrications somehow makes them true.

it doesn't.

but I'm confident that won't stop you from continuing your dance, so dance away...
Old 02-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

I particularly liked the crack about throwing a stone and hitting himself in the forehead.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
apparently you believe repeating fabrications somehow makes them true.

it doesn't.

but I'm confident that won't stop you from continuing your dance, so dance away...
How deliciously ironic huh?

The forum broken record utters ridiculous crap again!!!!

The facts are clear....yet ignored...

Did I miss the answer to that $120 question or was that just another out of the arse statement that we should go ahead and forget about? If you'd let us know we would appreciate it. We would all like to move on to your next hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-crap.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good thing that no one else in the history of this site acts in the same manner as Doc.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:37 AM   #19
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Doc, stop doing this shit. I'm getting sick and tired. It just shows how much class you really have. Doing such stupid weakass shit and then calling U2 a coward is just humiliating.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Thank you for your worthless uninformed "contribution" Arne. Did you convert to french yet?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #21
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Your 30.000 posts have all been really worthy and helpful for everybody, haven't they?

You're just weak.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 02-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #22
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Take it to private messages, please.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

SOMEBODY needs to grow up.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
SOMEBODY needs to grow up.
I love irony.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #25
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to lock this thread now. I just wanted to identify myself as the one who locked it so that: a) u2 wouldn't get blamed, and b) you could direct all complaints to my PM box.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I was enjoying this. Don't lock the thread. I need something to entertain me between tests today.

Last edited by Murphy3; 02-07-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Closed Thread