Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope that "Larry Moss" dies in the most gruesome way possible.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That was

awe

some.

Once again I turn off my brain, because I refuse to believe that even with a lot of help that anyone could enter the white house like that... But who cares, it's a fun tv show.

Here we are again though...seems like almost everyone in play is at the white house and something is going to have to be settled next week. Unless Juma "somehow" gets away. They're at that critical halfway mark. I hope they've got enough compelling story left.

Oh and I smell death. Soon. I thought for sure Bill was going bite it tonight, but he didn't. Someone is going to eat it.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #43
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That was

awe

some.

Once again I turn off my brain, because I refuse to believe that even with a lot of help that anyone could enter the white house like that... But who cares, it's a fun tv show.

Here we are again though...seems like almost everyone in play is at the white house and something is going to have to be settled next week. Unless Juma "somehow" gets away. They're at that critical halfway mark. I hope they've got enough compelling story left.

Oh and I smell death. Soon. I thought for sure Bill was going bite it tonight, but he didn't. Someone is going to eat it.
Perhaps that's the trick. The mystique of taking over the White House keeps people away. But really you can waltz right in.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #44
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Senator from that 70's show gets owned. I hate that rat-bastard.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #45
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That was compelling television. And by compelling I mean totally awesome.

I did have issue with it though in that I don't think Jack Bauer would have really done that (open the lockdown) unless he had the upper hand. So if it ends up that he doesn't then I think Jack went against Jack Bauers code of conduct. The real Jack would have watched Heather Lisinski lose her eyes.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #46
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The president played the "Kim" card. I think we're supposed to believe that's why he did it.

By the way, is she supposed to be on this season?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #47
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

No clue dude. And I don't want to know. So if anyone knows for sure.... feign ignorance please?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #48
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Whoa, they did something with guts!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #49
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That was seriously sad.

But still...kick ass.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Man this is getting good. I hate wimpy Mr. FBI ingrained with jealousy over Jacks bad to the boneness. Please let him be killed. Like that dude that got his head chopped off. That would rule.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #51
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Man, this show stepped it up even more this week. First time I got emotional since old boy got traded for Jack in day 4.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #52
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

And that reminds me.... poor Bill.

That was sad. I wonder if his wife is still around?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #53
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness for Fox.com's full episode archives.

Right before Bill finished talking, I knew his plan and I wanted it to fail. Couldn't he have thrown the 70's Show Senator into the room, triggering a barrage of gunfire?

And Larry? Good job on driving your love right into Bauer's arms. Not that Bauer needs any help, but way to take the 'Max Power' approach by speeding everything up to 6th gear.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 03-15-2009 at 06:06 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That one dude really screwed Jack over big time. He's wanted for everyone's murder.

I was really hoping Jack could end this season in good standing with the feds, but that seems like a stretch now.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #55
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Dang this day is awesome.

Is it true this is the last season?

Morris is a class A idiot. I think First Daughter is a bad girl. I'm just waiting for her involvment with Starkwood to be exposed. Let Jack interrogate Heather Lisinski.... she deserves nothing less for trying to impede Jake Greens access to Emily Sullivan.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #56
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm not sure. I was under the impression that they were going to do one more season, but I haven't anything to back that up right now.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #57
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
I hope the Senator from that 70's show gets owned. I hate that rat-bastard.
oops.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol owned he certainly got.

Too bad...he and Jack were actually having quite a nice little moment there, and then...2 in the chest.

By the way, when all of a sudden that little trailer started to flip over and there's Jack in the heavy machinery...greatness. Vintage Jack.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #59
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Aspects of the show drive me crazy, yet I keep watching. If I hear “You’re going to have to just trust me” or “You’re/he’s/Jack’s the only one who can…” one more time, I’m taking someone’s finger off. But I can’t stop watching.

U2: I agree with you on the first DD! But Morris is an idiot? Seriously? Jack can get out of anything – even while saving his friends. Jack will come out just fine – as always. Besides, Chloe will be a lot more useful outside of “containment” with no record to inhibit her later.

Flaco: Kim has been mentioned a few times, which does make me think she might come back. Then again, maybe we’re supposed to be more emotionally triggered by what Jack has internally suffered and sacrificed to save the country?
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Seriously. He knows Jack wouldn't let Chloe suffer. But I always had issues with him in Day 6. He got on my nerves to no end. So that just rehashed all that pent up Morris rage.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #61
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Ah, I see! I can understand the ire stirred up from Day 6!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Dang this day is awesome.

Is it true this is the last season?

Morris is a class A idiot. I think First Daughter is a bad girl. I'm just waiting for her involvment with Starkwood to be exposed. Let Jack interrogate Heather Lisinski.... she deserves nothing less for trying to impede Jake Greens access to Emily Sullivan.
Ha, funny, funny... I wish that show could have stuck around for awhile.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #63
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Larry Sparey Bo-Barry, You are a stupid Fairy. Your head is oh so airy. You smell of rotten dairy. To Renee you will not marry. Better luck with Gary, maybe you'll like it hairy. Fairy Larry!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 03-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #64
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I was starting to think that Jack wasn't going to do anything cool last night at about the :35 minute mark, but then he shot up some fools and stole a WMD. Oh, Jack.

Apparently he's signed on for another season:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...l&SECTION=HOME

And seriously...are they trying to get us to buy that he's in danger from that chemical weapon? Come on...
Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #65
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say enough about this season. I love it!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #66
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a couple of moments to where I thought.. surely they could have come up with something better than that!... but, overall, I've loved this season.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #67
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

a few is better than every episode last season.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #68
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Just saw last nights episode. It was good, and the next looks really promising.... but I have a problem with it.

You can't kill Jack Bauer. So whenever they get offered the "antidote" by that crazy Starkwood old man and get it to cure Jack I hope it is indeed Bauer that ends his miserable existence.

You also can't keep Jack Bauer out of the action. That is why people watch this show. You have given us Almeida as a bit player to keep us quasi-satisfied.... but that's not gonna last long.

I'm guessing that the reason Jack wasn't with the initial group is that he is going to have to be the one to go in and kill all the baddies and save Larry Moss.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #69
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hope Larry eats a bullet.

And yeah...looks like Jack's busting out of there to go help. The president said it was only 13 miles away...so I figure Jack can get there in about 6 minutes or so
Old 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #70
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Agent Walker versus Agent Walker...... can Fox and NBC get that worked out?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #71
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Last night was greatness...First Chuck then 24!!!

Can't wait to see the upcoming mini-series from the Creator of 24...it's on the Kennedy family. Could prove to be interesting TV...

Speculation on Jack and his impeding death...I saw a blog where they through an idea of Jack dieing and then season 8 being some type of prequel...not sure how that would work, since we all know the ultimate outcome. But without Jack, this show simply dies...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #72
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #73
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

So...uh...I actually think Larry is a pretty good guy.

Jack definitely needs more screen time then what he got in the last episode.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #74
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
So...uh...I actually think Larry is a pretty good guy.
BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

They sure stayed in that empty warehouse long enough to verify that it was empty... "I want a full sweep again! We haven't been cornered in this useless warehouse yet."

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-06-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #75
Murphy3
Guru

Didn't Jack recently say that he's good to go with 24 as long as the writing is good? Yeah, he's only signed on through next year, but if the writing is good and the ratings are good, I'd expect to see Jack make it to season 10.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This President lady is pissing me off. If she had just let those hornets shoot then it would be all over! There's no way those missiles have some kind of instantaneous launch mechanism...but I digress.

The presidents daughter is pissing me off. #1. Because she's a bitch, and #2. If we're gonna see some rolling in the sheets it should be that hot FBI chick with the sexy red hair and the big sweater meat.

Just saying.

This season rocks on. 7 hours more....I assume 6 weeks.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #77
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Jonas Hodge powning the C.E.O.

And the President's daughter needs to get pimp slapped. Preferably by Aaron.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #78
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
This President lady is pissing me off. If she had just let those hornets shoot then it would be all over! There's no way those missiles have some kind of instantaneous launch mechanism...but I digress.

The presidents daughter is pissing me off. #1. Because she's a bitch, and #2. If we're gonna see some rolling in the sheets it should be that hot FBI chick with the sexy red hair and the big sweater meat.

Just saying.

This season rocks on. 7 hours more....I assume 6 weeks.
Oh man this was the first time I rolled my eyes this year but that was a big freaking leap of faith they are asking us to take. I hope it's the only one. And I am only leaping if it means Jack is back kicking terrorist butt.

This show will not survive without Jack being in the action. So he has precious few hours to do so. One more hour with him at the FBI office will be a major disappointment.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #79
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well, with the mention of his daughter being involved in a possible cure....you know what that means.

I'm afraid there might be another hour or two of Jack dealing with his condition before he gets back to ass kicking.

Prepare yourselves.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #80
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
I really hope that "Larry Moss" dies in the most gruesome way possible.
Whoops!

Is this ghost ball??

Tags
fluffy banter warning, got a bit fluffy in here, please jack kill fluffy, where is the fluff?!?