Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #81
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit.

LOL!!!

That would have been great, DirkFTW...if not for the other WTF moment happening at the same time. And it's a moment that I anticipated weeks ago, but had long since given up. I had been lulled into a false sense of security, and then they sprang the trap with 6 hours to go.

OOOOH a TWIST!

u2, we await your thoughts after your usual Tuesday-lunch-time viewing.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #82
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically, I was beginning to warm to Larry with this episode... :-p

Needless to say, I am confused as to how this all fits together now. Did they take a page from the Dark Knight?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #83
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P. Larry Moss.

I thought you were pretty awesome.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #84
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Larry Moss grows a pair and dies at the hands of one of my favorite characters.

Man this season is steaming up and there's not much room in the pot to cook much more. I knew when everything was wrapping up nice and neat that there had to be something else coming.

I also was kind of expecting Moss to die after that "heartfelt" conversation with his ho-in-waiting redheaded Agent Walker (as opposed to the blonde Agent Walker). On this show if it's not a final episode that usually spells impending death for one of the two having the conversation. The only exception being Jack of course.

So Tony being a bonafide terrorist (we think, I guess that is confirmed? I'm so confused) will be enough to get Jack to allow Kim to help him? I kept expecting a Dr. to come in and give him a shot of kim's stem cells and then pronounce him cured..... I guess that is going to be another episode?

Also, when they said personality shifts, or whatever, I kept waiting for Jack to go postal on the doctor. I had the same thought when he was alone with Kim, but he wouldn't do that to his daughter.

This episode has my seal of approval.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #85
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
This President lady is pissing me off. If she had just let those hornets shoot then it would be all over! There's no way those missiles have some kind of instantaneous launch mechanism...but I digress.
Forgot to point out that Flaco is, in fact, a tactical genius.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #86
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

When Larry got shot, I started clapping and my wife shot me a dirty look...then in a matter of about 6 seconds things turned SO dramatically. Geez. I couldn't even enjoy Larry's death.

I'm pissed that Jack hasn't made any progress with his condition....but if the preview for next week is any indication, he's not going to let it slow him down. Looks like he's getting back into action and then we'll revisit in the closing hours of the season. Jacks health might be shaping up to be part of the climax.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #87
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

So, what are the chances that Tony blinked a morse code message for Larry to fake dying?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #88
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
So, what are the chances that Tony blinked a morse code message for Larry to fake dying?
lol.... that would be funny. he did get a weird look on his face with his wide eyed look.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #89
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Default Saw this and laughed

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #90
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Did any of yall watch Jericho?

Starkwood = Ravenwood? Kind of?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #91
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Did any of yall watch Jericho?

Starkwood = Ravenwood? Kind of?
Starkwood= Blackwater (Now known as Xe).
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #92
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I believe he was comparing fictional tv-show private military companies. We all know what Blackwater is.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #93
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I believe he was comparing fictional tv-show private military companies. We all know what Blackwater is.
Obviously, but we all might not know that Starkwood is loosely based on Blackwater.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #94
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

24 is moving to New York next season

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/...ive-24-mo.html
Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #95
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
24 is moving to New York next season

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/...ive-24-mo.html
"After six seasons in Los Angeles and one in D.C., Jack Bauer is taking his one-man show to Broadway!"

I almost had a heart attack, picturing a Broadway musical based on 24. I can almost hear the a cappella clock sound... "doo... wap... doo... wap..."

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #96
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

This show isn't very good.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #97
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
I hope the Senator from that 70's show gets owned. I hate that rat-bastard.
Quote:
I really hope that "Larry Moss" dies in the most gruesome way possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I seriously want Garafolo to get a bullet in the brain from Chloe.
Come on, 3-for-3...

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #98
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I can't wait for tonight's episode!!!!

I can't believe the sudden twist in Tony's character/role. Damn. That really caught me by surprise. I was beginning to warm up to Larry Moss as well.

My wife and I got married in July 2004. So one day, a few months after getting married, out of the blue I said "Hey, I can't wait to watch 24!!" ... And she gives me this look "Huh? I've never watched that show." I had a look of disbelief that she said "What's wrong??".. I said "You've got to be kidding me, right???!!" So that weekend, we borrowed the 24 Seasons 1-3... and I watched it again with her of course!!! We ended up watching everything in a few days... I think 4 days!!!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #99
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Man I am starting to not like this. Tony is a bad man for real.

And all for money? For real?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #100
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. He is severely pissed off and bitter at the government, and I guess Jack as well. Jack is technically the reason his wife is dead after all.

We've gone through a lot of bad guys in this season, but I like it. They're really keeping things moving along quite well. 5 hours to go.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #101
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Last night kind of shut the door on the whole "maybe Tony's faking it all" theory... Jack is going to rip him a new one.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #102
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. Jack is going to kill Tony. Like he killed Nina.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #103
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

It took him a couple days, but he got the job done. Plus, she was hotter than Tony.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #104
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Why do I get the feeling that they are going to drive home the issue of CTU and all they did being illegal procedures and all that garbage? Is it the creators going soft?

And also, why did they HAVE to have that ER Doctor that is going to kill Jonas Hodges be gay? Because it's trendy?

I'm glad Chloe is back. Jack needs to get a handle on his condition, they aren't going to kill him. When will Kim swoop in and bleed out her stem cells to save her father?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #105
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling that they are going to drive home the issue of CTU and all they did being illegal procedures and all that garbage? Is it the creators going soft?

And also, why did they HAVE to have that ER Doctor that is going to kill Jonas Hodges be gay? Because it's trendy?
Of course that's why. Or because the gay groups get mad at the networks with the fewest numbers of gay characters on them and for some reason the network cares. bleah.

Quote:
I'm glad Chloe is back. Jack needs to get a handle on his condition, they aren't going to kill him. When will Kim swoop in and bleed out her stem cells to save her father?
We're getting awfully close to the end. It seems like they'll just run the jacks health thing out until the end.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #106
CadBane
Banned

Wait, he wasn't a doctor, wasn't he a fellow campaign strategist?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #107
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Does the clock go silent for Jack? The whole "signed up for another season" could be a major distraction for the inevitable. Jack is going to die! I would be happy if they ended this thing. The gravel road has been grated every which way possible and all that is left are pot holes if they try it again....

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 04-29-2009 at 03:47 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #108
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to remember the way this thing started (Jack's wife needlessly killed). There can be no Jack riding into the sunset. It just wouldn't fit.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #109
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Why the heck did Tony destroy Hodges's missiles if he's so eager for the bio-attack to occur tonight? I can see the mystery organization wanting to stop Hodges so they could do it themselves to protect their identities and be ready to "step in." But for Tony, it doesn't seem like he shouldn't care who launches the attack, just that it occur.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-29-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #110
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Looks like next week should be good.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #111
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Why the heck did Tony destroy Hodges's missiles if he's so eager for the bio-attack to occur tonight? I can see the mystery organization wanting to stop Hodges so they could do it themselves to protect their identities and be ready to "step in." But for Tony, it doesn't seem like he shouldn't care who launches the attack, just that it occur.
This is an excellent point. I think Tony is triple undercover. Or quadruple undercover.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #112
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Tony needs to stop slipping it to his tech girl, because she got tech pwned by Chloe last night.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #113
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Tech pwned or no, fake lawyer >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chloe.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #114
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well, it's done. Tony wasn't the terrorist we thought he was. He was just a revenge terrorist.

He wasn't killed. So that means he might be back next year? I would imagine he has to go to prison.

And Jack..... for about 20 seconds before Kim showed back up I thought they might actually be letting him die and do the pre-Day 1 thing that was mentioned earlier. I was disappointed that his sickness kept him from being in on the action (or creating the action). At least they gave us that last little escape from Tony/UsedTonyHo.

This was a fun season, I even didn't mind the last exchange between Chloe and FakeStupidChloeWannabe. I wan't CTU reinstated though. I also want them to narrow the overall scope because it just started being ridiculous how something else was occurring. That whole drain Jacks blood to infect thing was really dumb. But overall it's a heck of alot better than Day 6. Just not quite up to par with 2-4 in my opinion.

edit: Also, I am not a big fan of this President. Maybe they can reveal that they gave David the same stuff they gave Tony when we thought he was dead.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-19-2009 at 01:05 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #115
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

The only thing that would have made this show better, would've been for the "Fake Cloe" to be a terrorist and for Jack to Waterboard her for information!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #116
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
I seriously want Garafolo to get a bullet in the brain from Chloe.
GOD, they were just teasing us... if only she had just said one more wrong thing, like "Larry never could have loved you because you're nothing but a monster" "The only way you're getting in that room is if you kill me" "I slept with Larry right before he died and he said he was going to break up with you."

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #117
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
GOD, they were just teasing us... if only she had just said one more wrong thing, like "Larry never could have loved you because you're nothing but a monster" "The only way you're getting in that room is if you kill me" "I slept with Larry right before he died and he said he was going to break up with you."
I just have a sick feeling in my stomach that because of that little exchange with Chloe at the end she is going to be integral to the IT side of what I hope is the new CTU for next season.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #118
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

It looks like we're headed to NYC for next season, according to the inerrant Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_(season_8)

Other tidbits as far as cast and timing, etc., are also there.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Finally watched it.... boy, that was intense between Jack and Tony. I'm glad they didn't have Jack kill him. Jack's had to kill enough people he likes. (Not that he really likes Tony any more)

Still, I don't think those two will ever patch things up now. He robbed Tony of his entire life's purpose. If Tony gets out, I could definitely see him coming after Jack. People need to replace that hatred and hunger for revenge with something else.

All that running around...I would have thought Kim would get hot in that coat and shed a layer or two. But she never did. Weird.

The thing with Tits-McRedHead (unauthorized nickname) felt a little contrived, but it still made me smile. After a whole season of "Ohhh torture is wrong, let's just let people get away with stuff, blah blah blah...." she came around to Jacks way of "gettin er done".

Weird way to end it with Jack. They're already casting for season 8, so....

Sucks for the President. But she did the right thing.

And also, kind of a confusing plot device, implying that this Wilson guy was responsible for everything on Day 5....So we had Jacks brother Graem, who was manipulating President Logan...but Graem was working for Jacks Dad...but now they've implied that Jacks Dad may have also been a lower level of this new guy...making this guy the mastermind of the last 3 seasons?

And what was his goal again?

See you in January, Jack.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #120
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

24 casting news for season 8...

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...lease-and.html

Freddie Prinze Jr.... really?

The guy who played Bubba in Forrest Gump will run the new CTU (seriously)

And:

Starbuck.

Tags
fluffy banter warning, got a bit fluffy in here, please jack kill fluffy, where is the fluff?!?