Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #41
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post

the ONLY way this can be justified is that Dallas already has a bigger deal ready to be signed on draft night.
And the chances of that? I don't know man, I think our FO was just sleeping while this deal was made with the Spurs. I don't have any faith that there is any justifiable reason we didn't make this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #42
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah I won't be holding my breath. This management is too damn stagnant. Not enough pressure on them to perform or hit the highway.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #43
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I know how you feel, trust me. But if there's a chance, I'm going to try to be as optimistic as I can.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #45
littlelibo

littlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the rough

While admitting that this makes me sick, what were we supposed to do? They had 2 stackhouse type contracts to offer. We only had one.

Last edited by littlelibo; 06-23-2009 at 02:13 PM.
littlelibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #46
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

thank god
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #47
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelibo View Post
While admitting that this makes me sick, what were we supposed to do? They had 2 stackhouse type contracts to offer. We only had one.
Actually I believe they could have saved approximately $3 million more by trading with us. We had a better package to offer.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #48
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I agree all the way, except that the dropoff may be larger than expected.

RJ isn't known for defense.
Fin isn't known for defense.
Ginobili is known as a help defender.
Parker isn't known for his defense.

Put Sheed, Camby, Chandler, Kaman, etc beside Duncan though, and IMO, they are championship caliber again.

SA has one chip left needed, and then to remain injury free.
I think it's a safe bet the Spurs are now exploring what kind of PF/C type they could get for a package built around Roger Mason and whatever spare parts they have left.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Finley. He's got a player option, but with RJ there and rumors about Bowen coming back then it sure looks to me like there's not going to be a whole lot of minutes for him. I'm not sure he's coming back.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #49
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The timing of the trade seems strange. Almost like they got this deal done so they could move on to the next one involving a big man. Maybe a draft day trade involving some package of Mason, Bonner, Hill, Finley (if he picks his option up)??
Old 06-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #50
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Ouch. Jefferson would have been perfect for us. Can't believe we let this slip past.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #51
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

There is no bigger deal headed our way, there never is.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #52
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

Unbelievable, the mavs stand stagnant while another team in their division gets stronger, sucks that Cuban is willing to take on bad contracts, yet they still can't get a deal done. WOW can't wait for another year of josh/dirk/jet fighting for the 8th seed in the playoffs
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #53
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Watch the Spurs sign Rasheed with the MLE.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #54
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
The timing of the trade seems strange. Almost like they got this deal done so they could move on to the next one involving a big man. Maybe a draft day trade involving some package of Mason, Bonner, Hill, Finley (if he picks his option up)??
The rush to get the deal done is Oberto. His contract is only partially guaranteed if he's cut by July 1st.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #55
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

^ Bingo

Hence, Dallas should be rushing to deal Stackhouse... although I guess I just don't feel that urgency from our braintrust.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #56
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

wait, so we have till July 1st to trade Stackhouse?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #57
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

I think the window is more like from July 1 to August something.

On July 1 his contract value increases a bit over the 2008-2009 season.

Then the August date is when the $2 million buy out expires.

Could be off on the August date.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #58
DelNegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
wait, so we have till July 1st to trade Stackhouse?
Depends on what dates are written in to Stack's deal as to when the salary guarantees kick in. July 1st is the date written into Oberto's contract.

Edit: Per shamsports.com, stack's deal is $2 mil guaranteed until August 10th, and then bumps to $3.625 mil.

Last edited by DelNegro; 06-23-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #59
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro View Post
Depends on what dates are written in to Stack's deal as to when the salary guarantees kick in. July 1st is the date written into Oberto's contract.

Edit: Per shamsports.com, stack's deal is $2 mil guaranteed until August 10th, and then bumps to $3.625 mil.
Well my birthday is August 7th, but I would be mad if we wait till then. Unless, of course, we land an "All-Star" with his contract on my birthday.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #60
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell are you doing Donnie?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #61
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
"Donnie has been my biggest supporter from day one," said six-time NBA All-Star and 2007 MVP Dirk Nowitzki. "He works harder than any coach or president in the NBA. He thinks about basketball 24 hours a day."
Really? 24 hours a day? What does he think about? How round the ball is?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-23-2009 at 03:19 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #62
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #63
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #64
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Umm...Richard Jefferson is NOT poor defender, and I would argue that he's a better and more flexible defender than Bowen at this point. Bowen is absolutely done.

Besides, there's a 99.9% chance Bowen is cut by Milwaukee at which point the Spurs can just add him back.
Yea I was going to say the same exact thing. At this point in their careers i'd probably say Jefferson is just as good of a defender as Bowen is. He showed splashes in the post season but you FAIL when you start making trades worrying about defending the next team's superstar. Dirk is going to get his. He got his on Bowen and would continue to do so. Great trade for the Spurs. I'm guessing salary dump for the Bucks. Both teams got what they wanted. I didn't think the Spurs would take on this much salary. Especially in this economy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #65
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Well can we agree that the Spurs getting this deal done means there's no way in hell the Mavs stand pat?

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 06-23-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #66
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
What the hell are you doing Donnie?
At the time the Spurs management was sealing the deal on this trade Donnie was doing an interview with 103.3 about how he wants to make a trade like this.

Sorry, but he's an idiot.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-23-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #67
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Well can we agree that the Spurs getting this deal done means there's no way in hell the Mavs stand pat?
Can we?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #68
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No way we get VC for just an expiring contract. From Thorn? Therefore even if we land VC it won't be good value. Stack for Kaman or Camby? We'd better hit a home run with the MLE then. If we passed on this for the #5 pick in the draft or ANY pick in the draft for that matter then i'll just stop watching. It's getting more and more depressing being a Mavs fan. Every summer...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #69
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Can we?
I just don't see how the front office can come away from this offseason standing pat. How can they sell this to the fans? I think the whole "we like our team" motto has worn off.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #70
slowmo

slowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really nice

I would bet Donnie and Cubes were so engrossed in finding another "Josh" at the 22nd pick that the Spurs ran right past them and one-uped them! I can just see Pop laughing his ass off in SA! If they keep the team intact again this summer I will definately stop watching them! Too much stress involved in this team.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #71
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

What a shame. I've been hoping that RJ would be traded to the Mavs. Not only does he go to a division rival, he gets traded for Bowen, Oberto and Thomas. I'm sure the Mavs could have come up with a better offer, right?

I could not believe it when I first read it. Damn.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #72
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
At the time the Spurs management was sealing the deal on this trade Donnie was doing an interview with 103.3 about how he wants to make a trade like this.

Sorry, but he's an idiot.
I'm as mad as anyone else, but Donnie's interview on 103.3 actually occurred earlier in the morning but was not broadcasted until the Michael Irvin show (during the RJ trade).

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #73
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
What a shame. I've been hoping that RJ would be traded to the Mavs. Not only does he go to a division rival, he gets traded for Bowen, Oberto and Thomas. I'm sure the Mavs could have come up with a better offer, right?

I could not believe it when I first read it. Damn.
Really, it was just for Oberto. Bowen and Thomas will be released and will probably rejoin the Spurs.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #74
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

wtf rj for a bunch of floppers

screw you bucks
Old 06-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #75
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, FML.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone notice how 27 other front offices failed this offseason because they didn't sign Richard Jefferson?

(although I would never expect Dallas sports fans to stop feeling entitled...)

Old 06-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #77
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did anyone notice how 27 other front offices failed this offseason because they didn't sign Richard Jefferson?

(although I would never expect Dallas sports fans to stop feeling entitled...)
Donnie, is that you?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #78
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Donnie, is that you?
The crying 4-year-old next door, is that you?

(classic comeback - consider yourself retro-burned...)

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #79
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

If we where to get Gerald Wallace then nobody would even care about Jefferson, It just hurts because the Spurs gave up JUNK to get Jefferson and Bowen and the other guys might resign with the Spurs making them even deep, I swer if the Spurs get Rasheed Wallace and we still don't do anything I'm done.

Last edited by Thomas86; 06-23-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #80
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
The crying 4-year-old next door, is that you?

(classic comeback - consider yourself retro-burned...)
Sorry to be so simplistic and sarcastic. What i meant to say was the Spurs are our rivals making this, like Artest going to the Rockets for nada last summer, particularly hard to swallow. When OKC drafts Rubio it will become even more depressing. Not all 27 teams want,need,can afford Jefferson. But he's just the kind of player We were looking for- relatively young, athletic, attacks the rim. If there are people out there who haven't lost faith in the Mavs leadership then they don't really follow the sport. That Presti, Morey and Pop are 3 of the shrewdest minds in the NBA and all reside in close proximity makes our "braintrust" seem all the more... underwhelming is a nice way of putting it.

Tags
"because this is dallas", can we fire the fanbase?, fml, nail on the coffin 87, stack for kobe!, this is avery's fault, we like our 8th seed team