Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2023, 08:08 AM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Luka looks hurt, but if he isn?t, he desperately needs some accountability. This is as bad as I have seen him.

For perspective, he is still putting up insane numbers on decent efficiency. He has spoiled us with his play. If he had Lebron?s/ Kobe?s/ MJ?s work ethic he would be on his way to becoming the GOAT.

Somebody needs to get him to spend his off-season conditioning, lifting weights, and fixing his diet.
Old 03-08-2023, 09:18 AM   #2
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

Somebody needs to get him to spend his off-season conditioning, lifting weights, and fixing his diet.
I don't think Luka will change. He's said himself, he doesn't plan to play very long in the league. He hasn't changed his incessant whining in the 5 years he's been in the league. The whining is pure habitual now. Unless there is a team intervention there is no motivation for him because he's putting up great numbers.

Hate to say it, but I'm not going to lose sleep when he leaves. I just wish we could keep Kyrie and build around him.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 03-08-2023 at 09:19 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:38 AM   #3
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

It?s a tough realization to come to, but I understand how you feel. The whining, laziness on defense, and lack of conditioning has gotten old. Let?s just hope someone has the balls to talk to him about it (another reason the Kyrie trade was huge? having a peer who works hard and plays the right way might open Luka?s eyes).
Old 03-08-2023, 10:48 AM   #4
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Luka looks hurt, but if he isn?t, he desperately needs some accountability. This is as bad as I have seen him.

For perspective, he is still putting up insane numbers on decent efficiency. He has spoiled us with his play. If he had Lebron?s/ Kobe?s/ MJ?s work ethic he would be on his way to becoming the GOAT.

After 2-3 years in the league if a guy doesn't take his conditioning serious I don't think he'll change as the seasons go by.

You mentioned Kobe and MJ

Hell I'd just be satisfied if Luka worked as hard as Giannis did on conditioning

But I really don't think Luka will ever be that driven. Dude might actually walk away from the game after 8 or 9 years and enjoy his beers 24/7

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-08-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:04 AM   #5
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
After 2-3 years in the league if a guy doesn't take his conditioning serious I don't think he'll change as the seasons go by.

You mentioned Kobe and MJ

Hell I'd just be satisfied if Luka worked as hard as Giannis did on conditioning

But I really don't think Luka will ever be that driven. Dude might actually walk away from the game after 8 or 9 years and enjoy his beers 24/7
Wasnt it year 6 that Jokic decided to lose weight? Not comparing but I think there's hope he can drop a little weight and take conditioning more seriously.

As for the bitching at refs? I dont think thatll change, and its annoying af. Maybe hanging around Kyrie will eventually rub off in some ways more than others.