Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default This Just In: Russell Crowe is an ASS

Russell Crowe arrested for second degree assault in NYC

Actor Russell Crowe has been arraigned on assault and weapon possession charges after an alleged altercation with a hotel employee in New York.

The "weapon" was a telephone.

Prosecutors say the Oscar winner admitted to a police officer that he threw a telephone at a Manhattan hotel employee out of anger. They say the phone hit the worker in the face, causing the employee "substantial pain."

The second-degree assault charge is punishable by four years in prison. The actor has been released on his own recognizance and is due back in court in September.

Crowe's lawyer told reporters the incident happened because Crowe was trying to get his wife on the phone in Australia. He says Crowe was in his hotel room, couldn't get a phone line and that a "disagreement" followed. Police say Crowe then went to the front desk.

Text

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default RE:This Just In: Russell Crowe is an ASS

Russell Crowe without his makeup...............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=donkey/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=11qevajbo/EXP=1118175283/*-http%3A//www.tuskers.com/site/donkey.jpg[/img]

Old 06-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: This Just In: Russell Crowe is an ASS

nothing new here

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Never did like him. I believe I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen Gladiator. And guess what? It's gonna stay that way.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

'substantial pain' probably means that two of the hotel employee's hairs were broken in the process and he fell to the ground like a South American soccer player looking for a freebie penalty

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Mr. Crowe's hotel bill just reached $2M.

Ka-ching.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #7
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I'm just glad they didn't call him an Australian.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:29 AM   #8
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:46 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
gotta love Oz.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
The second-degree assault charge is punishable by four years in prison. The actor has been released on his own recognizance and is due back in court in September.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #11
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
haha!
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:59 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
gotta love Oz.
if you don't he will throw a phone at you in a fit of Fosters-induced rage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:55 AM   #13
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Never did like him. I believe I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen Gladiator. And guess what? It's gonna stay that way.

You're not the only person.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:58 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Gladiator is worth a watch...but Crowe is indeed pure donkey dung

Old 06-11-2005, 06:27 PM   #15
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't mix up Crowe as an actor with Crowe as a human being. Gladiator was great. Crowe is an a-hole.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

great actor though...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

..and an ass.

And while we're at it....what the hell is up with Tom Cruise?? Dear god he's becoming annoying.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 06-25-2005, 12:51 AM   #18
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

If we're talking about the squirt gun incident, I'd be more concerned about these punk'd style shows getting out of hand than Tom Cruise's reaction.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:22 AM   #19
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Why doesn't Tom Cruise take on Ashton Kutcher instead of Brooke Shields?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 01:57 AM   #20
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
If we're talking about the squirt gun incident, I'd be more concerned about these punk'd style shows getting out of hand than Tom Cruise's reaction.

Actually I was referring to this morning's incident with Matt Lauer, when he made a complete ass out of himself and somehow became the world's leading expert on the merits of psychiatric care. If you have ever known anyone with an actual chemical imbalance, you probably found his assertion that they don't exist pretty damn stupid. According to him, my bipolar loved ones should have just taken a vitamin or two and went on a brisk jog around the block.

Its damn insulting really and makes Cruise look like an idiot.

...and the fact that he seems to be on the tv everytime I turn around is really getting annoying. The promotion of WOTW definitely has that "let's shove this down your throat" feel to it. I also heard that critics are not being allowed to view the movie until Monday, which is very unusual.

This movie has "bomb" written all over it.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:03 AM   #21
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Actually I was referring to this morning's incident with Matt Lauer, when he made a complete ass out of himself and somehow became the world's leading expert on the merits of psychiatric care. If you have ever known anyone with an actual chemical imbalance, you probably found his assertion that they don't exist pretty damn stupid. According to him, my bipolar loved ones should have just taken a vitamin or two and went on a brisk jog around the block.

Its damn insulting really and makes Cruise look like an idiot.

What can you expect from a man who has an Alien for a God?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Mary: what the hell is up with Tom Cruise?? Dear god he's becoming annoying.
this means you've only been paying a attention lately....

Old 06-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #23
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Spielberg's last bomb?

Old 06-26-2005, 07:54 PM   #24
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Spielberg's last bomb?

As a Director, I can't really see any Speilberg "bombs", - A.I. was a relative disappointment and failed to actually clear its huge budget. Oddly enough, I really liked that movie. Does that count?

He's certainly been the executive producer of some real garbage movies though (MIB2, Evolution).

Sigh...I suppose the movie will most likely make alot of dough

Quote:

this means you've only been paying a attention lately...
As a child of the 80's and the previous owner of a seriously worn out copy of "Top Gun", I suppose I've been giving him some leeway.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #25
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Suit vs. Crowe to fly

BY WILLIAM SHERMAN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Russell Crowe

"Cinderella Man" star Russell Crowe is expected to get hammered this week with a massive lawsuit that will provide a blow-by-blow account of his alleged June 6 telephone rage assault against a downtown hotel clerk.
The suit will charge that Crowe hurled a ceramic bowl at Mercer Hotel clerk Nestor (Josh) Estrada after hitting the 28-year-old Brooklyn man in the face with a thrown phone - an attack captured on video, according to sources familiar with the incident.

The bowl shattered against a wall near the clerk's head, according to the sources. After the predawn explosion - witnessed by two other employees at the SoHo hotel - Crowe took a deep bow and assumed a karate stance, the sources said.

The Academy Award-winning actor has apologized for blowing up at Estrada after being unable to get a call through to his wife in Australia. But brief settlement talks went nowhere, and Estrada is set to file suit this week.

Much of Crowe's lobby act was captured by a hidden security videotape camera, the sources said.

That tape is now in the possession of the Manhattan district attorney's office, which has charged Crowe, 41, with felonious assault and criminal possession of a weapon. The "Gladiator" star could face seven years in prison, if convicted

Crowe's high-profile attorney, Gerald Lefcourt, declined to comment on the case or the pending lawsuit except to say, "Russell Crowe went on three national television programs apologizing for the incident and making amends and he is trying to put it behind him."

Estrada's attorney Eric Franz would say only, "I'll do my talking through the legal process."

The lawsuit, to be filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, will seek unspecified punitive and compensatory damages. It will also detail Crowe's past blowouts.

Sources said the suit is expected to include this chronology in the Mercer Hotel incident:

Shortly after 4 a.m., an apparently jet-lagged Crowe, in town to promote "Cinderella Man," became frustrated when he failed to reach his wife.

He complained to the hotel desk several times, finally demanding the clerk's name. "Josh," said Estrada, who goes by his middle name.

"I'm coming down to see you," said Crowe, cursing at Estrada, according to those familiar with the incident.

A few minutes later, Crowe appeared in the lobby with his room phone in hand asking for Josh, as the two other clerks looked on aghast.

Estrada identified himself and Crowe, grasping the phone over his head with two hands, hurled it at him as if he were making an inbounds pass in a soccer game.

The clerk was knocked to the floor by the blow. Crowe then picked up the ceramic bowl and threw it, turned around, bowed and assumed the karate stance, according to witness accounts.

Meanwhile, Estrada scurried out a nearby door and dialed 911. Police arrived shortly after and arrested Crowe, who spent the rest of the night behind bars.

Sources in the Crowe camp who requested anonymity noted that Estrada suffered a 1-inch gash on his right cheek, but no permanent damage.

Originally published on June 27, 2005

link