Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-19-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Batman Begins

My wife and I went and saw Batman Begins this afternoon. This movie rocks. By far the best Batman or any other superhero movie ever. I was ready to sit through and see the movie again as soon as it ended. And I'm dying to get one of those Bat mobiles, I'm just about $1 million short of having the cash to cover it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2005, 01:54 AM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Batman Begins

I haven't heard a single bad comment about it from people who've seen it. Is it THAT good?
Old 06-19-2005, 02:04 AM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen it yet, but I've been very happy to see the positive reviews coming in. Best superhero movie ever is some pretty strong praise, LRB. Just for the sake of putting that in context, why don't you throw us a personal top 5 list of comic book movies.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, i haven't seen it yet, but if this was NOT the best batman movie, i would be SEVERELY disappointed. I didn't think any of them were that good, even the first one. yeah, nicholson was good, but it really wasn't a great movie or anything.

as for superhero movies, it all depends on what you like. if you like a darker comic movie, this may be #1, up with Sin City (i'll have to see Batman Begins to be sure). but i'd think Spider-man 1 or 2 would have to be up there if you're not a fan of the darker comics.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Batman Begins

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Haven't seen it yet, but I've been very happy to see the positive reviews coming in. Best superhero movie ever is some pretty strong praise, LRB. Just for the sake of putting that in context, why don't you throw us a personal top 5 list of comic book movies.
Well here's my list of top superhero movies that I've seen. And I havent' seen Sin City yet so I can't but that into context.

1. Spiderman 1
2. Spiderman 2
3. X-men 1
4. Batan with Michael Keaton
5. Superman with Christopher Reeves

But I don't think that any really came close. BTW my favorite version of Batman in video was the Batman: the animated series which I thought was quite good, but the movie just blew that away IMO.

My wife is not a fan of superhero movies, scifi movies, or even extreme action movies usually, but just today she said that she can't wait for the next batman movie to come out. She's been raving about it to friends and family all weekend. So bernardos, I would definitely say it's that good.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the midnight showing.....worth every second of missed sleep.

top comic movies of all time...

Spider Man 2
Batman Begins
Batman with Keaton
Blade 1 (pretty freakin good vamp flick)
Hell Boy (I loved this movie...Ron Pearman is gold)
X2 and Spider man 1 were both greatness...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

No Hulk fans, eh?
Old 06-19-2005, 05:14 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just surprised no one has mentioned Captain American yet

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back from watching Batman Begins, and I have to say that it is a great, great, great movie, and I'd recommend it to all of y'all. This is easily the best new movie I've seen all year...
Old 06-20-2005, 12:11 AM   #10
Finley4ever

Finley4ever is on a distinguished road

I don't really know much about comic books, but I would agree that this is the best movie based on a comic book that I have seen. It's definitely better than Sin City and I liked it better than both Spiderman movies as well. It's one of the best movies I've seen in the theater in a long time.
Finley4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #11
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I thought the movie was terrible.....so did the 3 people that saw it with me.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:29 AM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Batman begins was awesome. Thought i would hate the new batmobile but i even liked it. Thought Christian bale and Liam Neeson both did really good jobs but hey i like both of them as actors. Was entertaining and just generally a great movie. Glad that it is indepent of the others because the second one should be about the exact same time frame as the original.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:49 AM   #13
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
I thought the movie was terrible.....so did the 3 people that saw it with me.
based on what? the solid acting, plot, or direction?

Old 06-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the movie was absolutely incredible and Im not usually an action movie buff.

I dont like Katie Holmes and the new Batman can't deliver the one liners as well as Kilmer, but as Sike said the direction and writing was top notch, and I thought the art direction and editing was very well done. I left the theater breathing hard and hyped up on adrenaline.

It just didnt seem like "oh here comes another super hero genre flick" or "oh here is another Batman movie". It stood on its own (the allusions to the comics were just bonuses) as a good movie, the villains seemed less cartoony and more real, and the whole issue of the super heroes motive was done exceptionally well-- it was always as complex and there was never a clear answer. Definitely an amazing breath of life into the Batman franchise.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #15
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

The movie is awesome. I've always been a fan of Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia), and was hoping he would do something for the Batman franchise, which has generally sucked big time. Christian Bale is very good. Katie Holmes was disappointing. She just doesn't seem very good on the big screen, looks more like a TV star. Kristen Dunst would've been better.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:11 AM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: vjz
The movie is awesome. I've always been a fan of Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia), and was hoping he would do something for the Batman franchise, which has generally sucked big time. Christian Bale is very good. Katie Holmes was disappointing. She just doesn't seem very good on the big screen, looks more like a TV star. Kristen Dunst would've been better.
You can't be serious, can you? Kirsten Dunst???? I mean I'm not saying Katie Holmes turned in a great performance or anything, but Kirsten Dunst is God-awful, and is one of the reasons Spiderman1 is almost unwatchable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 AM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Kristen Dunst = Katie Holmes

Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, admittedly we're comparing bad to worse, but I would certainly but Katie ahead of Kirsten (and it is Kirsten, btw [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).

Plust Katie's better to look at.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-24-2005, 06:38 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing wrong with KD's acting ability. Sure, there is sometimes an issue or two with the roles she picks, but she's a more than adequate actress.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
There's nothing wrong with KD's acting ability. Sure, there is sometimes an issue or two with the roles she picks, but she's a more than adequate actress.
as Mary Jane she is not top quality...and on the whole tends to be an overactor...but she was ok in ESOSM.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:33 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
as Mary Jane she is not top quality...and on the whole tends to be an overactor...but she was ok in ESOSM.
She comes off as corny at times as Mary Jane. However, so does everyone else in the movies. It's a comic book with a sometimes corny script. It happens. T.Maguire comes off as corny at times in the movie, but it damn sure isn't because of a lack of acting ability. It's the script. I'm not saying that it's a bad script, but it is what it is.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot believe that anyone DIDN't like this movie.

It was really good imho.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:33 AM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, when the movie first came out, I was gonna start this thread but forgot. As someone who's been a diehard Batman fan ever since I was two years old (not exagerrating), someone with incredibly high standards for Batman movies, I can honestly say... This movie was AWESOME. Everything about this movie kicked ass. For me personally, Michael Keaton will always be Batman, but Christian Bale kicked ass. If he isn't necessarily the best Batman, he's by far and a way the best Bruce Wayne. Batman has been reborn, and he's more badass than ever!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

does anyone think they will actually do another "Joker" movie? (per the hint at the end of the last scene)

Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 PM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yes, I think the sequel to Batman Begins will be about the Joker. There are rumors floating that they're right in the middle of casting for him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #26
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the movie and I thought it was kind of boring. I dunno, there wasn't really a definite villain in this movie and I don't recall Batman putting the scarecrow away like he did to the other villains in the other movies. I don't like the way they portrayed Gotham. It had a much better persona in the other movies. It looked like an average city in this movie. I have to admit though they wen't a little overboard when they added Batgirl/Batwoman in Batman returns (How much help does this guy need?). But the other movies had something that most Superhero movies did not. They had a whole theme and identity that this movie just didn't have. The whole timeperiod thing kind of confused me too with the "depression" they were talking about and such (It was the Great Depression I assume, but then the modern cars got me confused again).

I'd rather have Batman actually fight the villain rather than fighting something intangible. I know, I know it was his first time give the guy a break.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #27
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Uhhh....this is a fictitious world, it's just similar to ours. They weren't referring to "our" depression.

Anyway, I saw this Friday night. Wow. I loved it. The theatre's air conditioning went out about 30 minutes into the movie and I never even considered leaving the theatre. Christian Bale freakin rocks. Hopefully this will propel him to national stardom.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:20 PM   #28
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Uhhh....this is a fictitious world, it's just similar to ours. They weren't referring to "our" depression.

Anyway, I saw this Friday night. Wow. I loved it. The theatre's air conditioning went out about 30 minutes into the movie and I never even considered leaving the theatre. Christian Bale freakin rocks. Hopefully this will propel him to national stardom.
It seems like Christian Bale is getting lots of parts now, as he should. I'd loved him ever since I saw Equillibrium. When the movie was first being put together, rumors were flying around about Guy Pierce being the new Batman. I loved Guy Pierce in Memento, but no way he could pull off Batman. When I found out Christian Bale was the man, I was extremely happy. Then I found out that my all-time favorite actor, Gary Oldman, was gonna be Gordon, and I felt like Christopher Nolan made this movie for me. As for who will play the Joker in the next one: no matter who it is, nobody will ever top Jack Nicholson's performance in the Tim Burton film. However, I think either Johnny Depp or Edward Norton could pull off the Joker nicely.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:36 PM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°. I don't like the way they portrayed Gotham. It had a much better persona in the other movies. It looked like an average city in this movie.
Gotham City in this movie was meant to look beautiful and futuristic in some parts, while very dirty and ominous in others. Most of the city was actually the Chicago skyline, but they added a lote more digitally. As for the portrayal of Gotham in the other movies, I know what you mean. While I loved this version, I really loved Tim Burton's much more gothic/industrial Gotham. However, this one was meant to be more realistic, and threatening as well.

Quote:
I have to admit though they wen't a little overboard when they added Batgirl/Batwoman in Batman returns (How much help does this guy need?).
I think you're referring to Batman & Robin (1998), in which Alicia Silverstone played Batgirl. That movie was an absolute piece of crap, and almost buried the Batman franchise for good. Batman Returns (1992) was the second Tim Burton film, in which Batman (Michael Keaton) still worked alone and faced the Penguinn and Catwoman (Danny DeVito & Michelle Pfeiffer)

Quote:
The whole timeperiod thing kind of confused me too with the "depression" they were talking about and such (It was the Great Depression I assume, but then the modern cars got me confused again).
The movie takes place in the near future. The "depression" was of course not the Great Depression, but rather a fictional depression that seemingly affected only Gotham City.

Quote:
I'd rather have Batman actually fight the villain rather than fighting something intangible. I know, I know it was his first time give the guy a break.
I know what you mean, however, this movie was meant to focus mostly on Batman, and Batman only. In the past Batman movies, they seemed to catch the "villain of the week" syndrome, in which every movie was just another throwback to the old TV show, and the story focused on corny, cartoonish villains. In Batman Begins, I think idea was for the story to focus solely on Batman, and re-establish his importance as a character. Sorry for rambling, folks, I just love Batman that much.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:34 AM   #30
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw it this past weekend. Thought it was great. At least as good as the first Batman, hard to say it's better. I greatly enjoyed the look and feel, and it had what I think was one of the greatest bad-guys I've seen (not that goofy kid with the poison, but his boss). I really enjoyed Michael Cain, and thought Katie Holmes was passable. Though whenever I see her, I expect Dawson to come climbing though a window in the background - I laughed out loud at a couple of dramatic moments in Batman when that image popped into my mind. Christian Bale was ok. I couldn't stand his "You can tell I'm batman because my voice is raspy" approach to super hero acting.

Where would I place it on the comic book movie list?
1. Superman
2. Spiderman 2
3. Blade - Batman Begins, Batman, Spiderman 2
7. X-men, X-men 2
9. Hulk, Men in Black (was that based on a comicbook?)
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:16 PM   #31
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin Christian Bale was ok. I couldn't stand his "You can tell I'm batman because my voice is raspy" approach to super hero acting.
I loved Christian Bale, but I know exactly what you mean. His Batman voice was the one thing I didn't like. I thought his regular speaking voice was cool enough. That was the greatest thing about Michael Keaton; he didn't look physically imposing, but he had the coolest Batman voice. I suppose Christian Bale is the oppisite of Michael Keaton; Bale might not have been the best Batman but was definitely the best Bruce Wayne. Keaton on the other hand was amazing as Batman, but didn't really seem like Bruce Wayne.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:13 AM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

the batman voice bugged me until I realized, Bruce Wayne was TRYING to sound like Batman so no one would recognize him. It wasnt just a Christian Bale thing.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #33
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
the batman voice bugged me until I realized, Bruce Wayne was TRYING to sound like Batman so no one would recognize him. It wasnt just a Christian Bale thing.
That's true. My point was that his voice sounded a little corny when he disguised it. Keaton's voice sounded so cool when he disguised it; exactly what I imagine Batman would sound like if he were real.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:27 AM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Keaton definitely had the better Batman voice.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Bale over Keaton easy.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #36
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

went to see it because Katie Holmes was in it but was blown away by it, my goodness, it was just way more than I expected.

Great movie.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote