Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Luther Vandross dies at 54

Coming from a guy who grew up on his music this one hits real hard. One of the greatest singers of our time.

"The Insider" has confirmed that R&B legend LUTHER VANDROSS passed away Friday at the age of 54. Sources tell "The Insider" that Vandross' death was unexpected, and that a memorial service is planned in New York sometime next week. The singer sold over 25 million records during a long and successful career that began in the 1970s. In 1981, he released his debut album, Never Too Much, and went on to become one of the most popular musicians of the 1980s, cranking out lasting hits like "Here and Now" and "The Best Things in Life Are Free." Vandross hit the top of the charts again in the '90s with a duet with MARIAH CAREY of "Endless Love." His soulful pop crooning went on to inspire artists like USHER and ALICIA KEYS, as well as "American Idol" and record labelmate RUBEN STUDDARD. Sources also report that a tribute album for Vandross is in the works. In April 2003, Vandross suffered a stroke due in part to his struggle with diabetes; he then spent close to a month in a coma, and battled meningitis and pneumonia after the attack.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2005, 12:07 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Luther Vandross dies at 54

Sad.

He came out with "Bad Boys," which, to me, is the greatest R&B song of all times.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:32 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Luther Vandross dies at 54

One of the smoothest voices in the history of R&B...Luther (that's all you had to say) was part of the soundtrack of my youth...he'll be missed.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Luther Vandross dies at 54

One of my very favorite singers. What a big loss to the music world.

I LOVE his last song most of all, Dance With My Father.

God Bless you Luther Vandross.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote