Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default Mavs 93 Blazers 89

Great win for our beloved Mavs tonight, we went out there and beat a team we were supposed to beat.

The zone defense seemed to disrupt the flow of an explosive blazers offense. We had trouble hitting 3-POINTERS tonight, I kept thinking how many "dagger" opportunities we had, but never the less we held on and answered every blazer run.

Brilliance from Dirk and Terry yet again tonight. GREAT game by Damp's standards. Truly everyone played well, but I was vexed by quite a few plays Wright and Barea made. Boneheaded errors.

GOD BLESS OUR BELOVED DIRK.

Never the less, great win for the Mavs. We just beat a team we were supposed to beat. Let's continue winning on this road trip, Warriors coming up next.

I can sleep easy tonight
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Great team effort tonight...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Hopefully the bench can take over the game against the Warriors so Dirk and co can rest! Great game!
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

INCREDIBLE win...on so, so many levels.

They had to have some major sense of relief from the end of the Phoenix game going into this one, and they had to be drained. It looked a couple of times where they looked gassed...especially late. They had to hold on for dear life.

Dirk...simply amazing. "Free-Throw-Line Iso"-ing them TO DEATH! He was incredible. I remember one play in the 2nd around 6:30 left and he took a shot right off the left elbow and as it went up and Jet started running back FIST UP IN THE AIR, swish...talk about in a groove and spreading the confidence, that was sick.

Jet was awesome as well, there were some desperately needed daggers he hit tonight. Jet needs Dirk and Dirk needs Jet, they can carry the load pretty nicely together.

They looked so bad early with the recovery and looked slow but they got their act together.

What a HUGE win...man.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I'm pitching a Maverick tent.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Damp missed that double double by 1 board, but I thought he had a nice little game.

I think Carlisle is just as mad scientist with the rotation as Avery ever was. A very terse Carlisle got on the radio this morning and said they might have to give Hollins more of a look after last night, and then his ass doesn't get off the bench once tonight.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Ahh I dont miss Josh much at all. This was a tough game, but it was supposed to be especially with the back-to-back. We just pulled this off without Josh and had enough energy to do it 2 nites in a row.

I was getting a little concerned about the GS game and maybe having a letdown, but If Josh is still out the TEAM will be fine with some rest and should get the W against GS.

Lakers here come the improved Mavs : )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

They played such smart defense tonight. One possession deep in the fourth they tried to get Roy a drive to the basket, but the Mavs doubled, pass pff to Blake for a three, but Bass played it perfectly so Blake had to move it to Outlaw as the third option, to whom Dirk had rotated to in the meantime, contested 17 footer, brick.

They had almost no mental lapses. It was just a well oiled machine.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #9
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Great win for our beloved Mavs tonight, we went out there and beat a team we were supposed to beat.

The zone defense seemed to disrupt the flow of an explosive blazers offense. We had trouble hitting 3-POINTERS tonight, I kept thinking how many "dagger" opportunities we had, but never the less we held on and answered every blazer run.

Brilliance from Dirk and Terry yet again tonight. GREAT game by Damp's standards. Truly everyone played well, but I was vexed by quite a few plays Wright and Barea made. Boneheaded errors.

GOD BLESS OUR BELOVED DIRK.

Never the less, great win for the Mavs. We just beat a team we were supposed to beat. Let's continue winning on this road trip, Warriors coming up next.

I can sleep easy tonight

I love the recaps Ghazi, but can we stop with the "beating a team we are supposed to beat" stuff? Thunder, Wizards, Grizzlies, yes. Those are all teams we are supposed to beat. Portland (who is ahead of us), on the second night of a b2b in which we played hard the night before, on the road, and against a team with something to fight for; I don't call that a game that we are supposed to win.

Which teams AREN'T we supposed to beat? The Lakers and the Celtics? Is that it?

This was a game in which the Mavs had to fight and play some good solid basketball to keep it going, and good on them for doing it. Lets not belittle a GREAT win with "beating a team we are supposed to beat"
Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

If one of those 3's had fallen for Kidd he would have had a triple double tonight.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I love the recaps Ghazi, but can we stop with the "beating a team we are supposed to beat" stuff? Thunder, Wizards, Grizzlies, yes. Those are all teams we are supposed to beat. Portland (who is ahead of us), on the second night of a b2b in which we played hard the night before, on the road, and against a team with something to fight for; I don't call that a game that we are supposed to win.

Which teams AREN'T we supposed to beat? The Lakers and the Celtics? Is that it?

This was a game in which the Mavs had to fight and play some good solid basketball to keep it going, and good on them for doing it. Lets not belittle a GREAT win with "beating a team we are supposed to beat"
Yee I agree...switch it up a little Ghazi

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

There were some times where Carlisle had to think...man, if I take ____ out of the game or if I don't get ____ back into the game ASAP, we're fricken screwed. Luckily everything worked out, they literally had to hold on for dear life for that win, but I'll take it.

Kudos to Kidd, Wright, Jet and George for their work on Roy. I wouldn't say he had an off-night all the way but those 4 made him work damn hard to get what he got tonight.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #13
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Are they better without Josh?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #14
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Kudos to Kidd, Wright, Jet and George for their work on Roy. I wouldn't say he had an off-night all the way but those 4 made him work damn hard to get what he got tonight.
As bad as Wright was offensively all night, he might have saved the game on that possession where he intercepted the ball after Kidd fell down and got the ball stolen for a Blazers fastbreak. I think that would have been the tieing basket.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #15
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
As bad as Wright was offensively all night, he might have saved the game on that possession where he intercepted the ball after Kidd fell down and got the ball stolen for a Blazers fastbreak. I think that would have been the tieing basket.
I was just about to post this. Wright had a bad game but that play you mentioned is probably one of the biggest plays of the game (aside from Dirk's clutch basket!).
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Dirk: "Let me fill you in on a secret...*whispers* It's still going in!"

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-11-2009 at 11:45 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #17
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Man what a great win. Mavs showed great tenacity today in that they were able to maintain the lead in the third quarter even after it looked like Blazers had seized control of the game. They all gave great defensive effort on tired legs and outlasted a younger team that was well rested. Plus they beat a team that was 17-1 in their last 18 games at home, I believe (great accomplishment).

Dirk is just amazing. He truly has taken his game to another level. He delivered whenever Mavs need a bucket eventhough he was THE focus of Blazers' defense. Jet and Kidd were great too. Barea scored here and there but his mistakes and shortcomings can be really frustrating to watch.

I have to say I was really disappointed in Wright today. He is the second youngest starter on this team behind Barea and played like a 35 year old on a back to back. He was taking lazy shots and committed silly fouls on defense. Just terrible. Let's hope he bounces back against Warriors.

EDIT: I didn't watch the end of the game, so I missed the Wright save/steal. Got to give him credit there. That was a very important play

Last edited by vRookie; 03-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit View Post
Are they better without Josh?
asked myself the same thing last night. Obviously not when Josh is at the peak of his game but decision making and all. I will go out on a limb and say, I would take JJ starting and driving over Joshs' step back jumpers. Oh, and when things fall apart, how many of you think JHO would've found a way to get a technical with a thrown head band or cussing out the ref, or better yet the reckless shoving Pryzbilla.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #19
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Geez, ghazi, when will you admit our boys actually pulled off an upset?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

That was as exciting of a game as I've seen all year. I still hate seeing Dampier getting taken out of the game for long stretches with Bass playing 5, but oh well.

You can't accuse anybody of a lack of effort tonight. Those guys played their hearts out.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-11-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #21
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Damp missed that double double by 1 board, but I thought he had a nice little game.

I think Carlisle is just as mad scientist with the rotation as Avery ever was. A very terse Carlisle got on the radio this morning and said they might have to give Hollins more of a look after last night, and then his ass doesn't get off the bench once tonight.
And what happened to Singleton? He was having a great run and then all of a sudden his minutes dried up.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I too was mega guilty of the "this is just a team they're supposed to beat" attitude earlier in the season, but I am WAY passed that.

Any road win for the Mavericks as an upset in my eyes now.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #23
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I love your recaps. Always very insightful.

But I think tonight's game really wasn't a game the Mavs were "supposed to win." In this 4 game road trip, I figured that the Portland game and the Lakers game would be the games they were "scheduled" to lose. The Portland game considering 1) its the 2nd night of a back to back on the road and 2) the Blazers have been great at home. If it were a home game for the Mavs, I would have given it a 50-50 chance for them to win. The Lakers game.. well, they are the Lakers and they are at home.

So I think this win is sort of an unexpected win.. a pleasant surprise so to speak.

I hope they continue to show the energy and determination in the rest of this road trip. I would be ecstatic with a 3-1 finish. Of course, 4-0 would be amazing.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
And what happened to Singleton? He was having a great run and then all of a sudden his minutes dried up.
I think they needed direct scoring as much as possible tonight. Singleton can score, but I think most of the scoring will come from energy points or put backs.

We needed someone who can face up and hit a jumper. I wouldn't feel very comfortable putting him in that spot tonight.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #25
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Bummed I didn't get to see more of this one. Good win any way you slice it, though.

Josh Howard for 6th man.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Josh Howard for 6th man.
Post of the week.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #27
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Best Mavericks defense all season.

Dirk is simply amazing. AMAZING!

This is the most consistent JET we've ever seen.

Damp showed some real effort tonight.

Flow of the offense is better without Josh.

Carroll is a very impressive bench sitter. He does it as well as anyone in the league.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #28
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Flow of the offense is better without Josh.
That has become painfully obvious. Josh is still a very talented player, but he has long since become a ball-stopper. That's the best way I can think to describe him. A ball-stopper.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Carroll is a very impressive bench sitter. He does it as well as anyone in the league.
I challenge even the most stubborn among you (you know who you are) to argue with that one.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #30
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I challenge even the most stubborn among you (you know who you are) to argue with that one.
Man, I could do a better job than Matt freakin' Carroll. Just give me a chance!

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 03-12-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wish we could get that hustle and effort on both ends of the floor all the time. Josh is out and they are playing more aggressively to cover.

Dirk was talkin quite a bit of smack and I liked that a lot. He needs to continue this.
It Leads to good things when he is that confident, for himself and the team.

I thought Roy made more stupid plays than our whole team combined.

Good job Mavs. What back to back.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #32
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

ghazi has the right attitude!
You are in it to win it.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #33
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My grandma trains all day for sitting! I highly doubt Carroll trains as hard as she does. Put Nana on the bench instead!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #34
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

great win tonight.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

Random question for the shoe-junkies...did Dirk come out with a new sneaker? It seems like it changed over the past few games...

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-12-2009 at 12:47 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #36
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Nobody worried about Barea? Any news?
Unlike George, this team really needs him. Maybe not as a starter, but as back-up PG.
If they are both hurt, our mavericks slowly running out of bodies. And little JJ looked a little hurt, hopefully nothing serious.
Oh, and how long ago since terry got injured? You don't want to imagine he would have been out for the six weeks, which were predicted here and there.
Fortunately, the jet is full-speed on the runway, Dirk is on fire and now, most of the time, the whole team shows the concentration needed for the final stretch before the playoffs.
Keep that up and let's see how many W's they can get out of California!

My excitement has settled a little bit and I can try to get some sleep now.
Good night eveybody!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...as Avery ever was. A very terse Carlisle...
lol did you do that on purpose?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #38
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It's incredible that the Mavs are very much on pace for a 50-win season and this board has been doom-and-gloom for most of the year. Really puts things in perspective.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #39
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Regarding J-Ho

We're 13-7 with J-Ho

And 27-18 without.

One ominous stat I find though is that the Mavs have lost by 15+ 9 times this year, and all 9 of those came in games J-ho has played.

So in 20% of the 45 games J-Ho has played, we've lost badly.

In 0% of the 20 games J-Ho hasn't played have we lost badly

Take it for what you will, it could very well be variance.

The offense is much more aesthetically vexing without J-Hos stepback jumpers, but at the same time, without J-ho we look like a team that's over reliant on the scoring of just 2 players and severely lacking talent (Wright/Barea in starting lineup, yeesh!).

Last edited by ghazi; 03-12-2009 at 01:34 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #40
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The offense is much more aesthetically vexing without J-Hos stepback jumpers, but at the same time, without J-ho we look like a team that's over reliant on the scoring of just 2 players and severely lacking talent (Wright/Barea in starting lineup, yeesh!).
Now you're just forcing the word in there. That doesn't even make sense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amoral victory, bringbacktheblackstallion, endofstory-cuzisaidso, hella emo, pitching a maverick tent, self-important much?, win = epic doooooooooom, with your mom