Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #81
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphincs View Post
I note that we are playing very well without Howard...is this only a point of view of mine or not?
What do you think?

Read the board much?

Post #78,72,71,68,55,48 have some opinions about that very topic.

Also a few in here.
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34934

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #82
sphincs

sphincs will become famous soon enough

sorry...
sphincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamteamCP3 View Post
Im looking to make a trip up there and I'm not too sure how the seating is arranged. Row B up top would be 2nd row right? I've never been and i dont want to be stuck on the last row. Can someone confirm this?
Go the mavs website. They have seating charts as well as some sort of 360degree dealy-whop that allows you to review your site lines from whatever seat you purchase. At least they used to.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #84
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The problem that I keep stressing about that is that the guys will eventually get gassed and have nothing left. It's all about the short term or slightly longer for me. Josh is a Maverick as of now, I'm pretty hopeful he won't be in the offseason going into next season. So just let him heal up and come back fully healthy and bring some more energy b/c Dirk and Terry will eventually run out of steam.
Absolutely. Saying "We don't need Josh!" could also be interpreted as "We don't need Josh that much!" One of this season's more interesting realizations is that the Mavs apparently don't need Josh as much as they need Dirk, JET, and Kidd. I'm not sure that this was crystal clear 12 months ago. He's somewhat replaceable which makes the upcoming offseason even more intriguing.

With that being said, we can't afford to miss Josh for a considerable amount of time come playoff time this season. Even though the team seems to have a better chemistry without him at times, he's still a guy who can constantly score and thus help Dirk and JET on offense. Having three scorers is much better than having two scorers and makes life easier for all three of them in the long run.

Last edited by dalger; 03-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #85
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
http://www.kptv.com/sports/18914270/detail.html#-

I don't care for his connotation here.
Roy is a complaining douchebag, but the national media hasn't caught wind of it yet. Everyone thinks he's an angel.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #86
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Roy is a complaining douchebag, but the national media hasn't caught wind of it yet. Everyone thinks he's an angel.
I'm not sure what you guys don't like about his comment here. He's absolutely right. Dirk WAS just throwing them up. He seriously had no business making some of those shots last night.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #87
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
don't agree, roy is a solid guy who doesn't typically have much of an attitude such as we see from the typical complaining nba douchebags. not sure if he is an "angel", but he seems to be well grounded.

here's the video of the complete interview that (I think) the quotes in the article came from, doesn't seem to be complaining and gives the mavs (and dirk) a few props:
roy interview link
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #88
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm not sure what you guys don't like about his comment here. He's absolutely right. Dirk WAS just throwing them up. He seriously had no business making some of those shots last night.
Dirk has been doing that all season though. If you are surprised that he made those shots, then you haven't been watching him play this year.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #89
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No business? What about the all the times we hear about him just shooting shot after shot after shot alone in the gym with Holger? I have no business making the shots that Dirk was making, but Dirk has no business NOT making them.

He has worked hard to be able to make those shots, it's not a fluke.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #90
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
oh yes he damn well did!

it's not as if Dirk was scorching anyway. 29 points on 24 shots and 5 free throw attempts. just a solid efficient game from our beloved dirk with a big time shot at the end.

dirk missing 2 free throws was more "flukish" than any shot he made last night.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #91
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
You talk as if it were luck. That's what Dirk Nowitzki does. That's what he's done his entire career. It's not some random, happenstance where the clouds parted and Dirk just got lucky for one night.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #92
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the Blazer announcers were going on and on about Roy being "sick", Dallas only winning because Fernandez was out and how the Blazers would beat Dallas in the playoffs.

umm..

Dallas has won in Portland twice this year and swept the season series. Rudy made about as much of a difference in this game as he did in the others.

Dallas has experience in the playoffs. I don't see any evidence that would point to Portland having any more poise in the playoffs against the Mavs than they did in the regular season.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #93
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe doing standing long jumps into defenders and getting calls will carry Roy to playoff greatness.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-12-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #94
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe doing standing long jumps into defenders and getting calls will carry Roy to playoff greatness.

Seemed to work for Wade.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #95
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
I don't like you.

If it was luck, I don't think, and maybe I am wrong, theat the coach would put a play in the continually made Dirk take luck shots. I mean you don't see a lot of half court heaves in most NBA play books. Those are luck shots.

Also, thespiralgoeson? Maybe Mark Cuban stole your girlfriend, or you bet your house on a 2006 championship, or your wife got run through by the entire team but whatever happened to piss you off towards the team why live as such a negitive person. Pick a team to root for and not against and move on. chode.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #96
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

this was a classic win under dirk...if he keeps it up with points and rebounding..all we would need is howards 20 plus, terrys late game shooting, and kidds all around game..we can beat any team in the west right now..even the lakers are a great chance..all they need to be is consistent and under the radar like they were during the finals run of 06!!
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #97
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I don't like you.

If it was luck, I don't think, and maybe I am wrong, theat the coach would put a play in the continually made Dirk take luck shots. I mean you don't see a lot of half court heaves in most NBA play books. Those are luck shots.

Also, thespiralgoeson? Maybe Mark Cuban stole your girlfriend, or you bet your house on a 2006 championship, or your wife got run through by the entire team but whatever happened to piss you off towards the team why live as such a negitive person. Pick a team to root for and not against and move on. chode.

Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #98
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a f**king break people. All I'm saying is that they were TOUGH SHOTS! It's a greater testament to him. Honestly, are those the kind of shots you WANT him to take? Personally I'd rather see him take open shots, but I'm glad they went in.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-12-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #99
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Excuse me, I have NEVER in my life rooted against the Mavericks. I'm angry at the direction this team has taken because I F*CKING CARE! I care about this team losing the opportunity to win a championship. I care about management making bad decisions. I care about players losing faith in the organization.

What happened to piss me off is that the team moved backwards. I care about that, and I'm angry. If you don't like that, I suggest you find a different topic to discuss, because you will never find a sports forum that doesn't have angry fans.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-12-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #100
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Excuse me, I have NEVER in my life rooted against the Mavericks. I'm angry at the direction this team has taken because I F*CKING CARE! I care about this team losing the opportunity to win a championship. I care about management making bad decisions. I care about players losing faith in the organization.

What happened to piss me off is that the team moved backwards. I care about that, and I'm angry. If you don't like that, I suggest you find a different topic to discuss, because you will never find a sports forum that doesn't have angry fans.

ok, I can see your anger. I get pissed to when I see teams that seem to work effortlessly to win games when the Mavs have to play so hard, but its like being pissed at your kid, I can't even stay mad the Mavs overnight. I understand your point. I just get pissed when it seems like someone is constantly dogging the Mavs.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #101
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Works for just about any wing-man. Works great for chris paul, diva. You take the ball right into the defender and you more than likely will get a call if you are an esthetically pleasing athelete.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #102
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

So why is everyone complaining then????

I know those guys do it more, but pleaseee dont act like Dirk never tries to sell calls, in fact he does it a lot and so does every play who sees an opportunity to do so. Roy is a great kid, Dirk is a great guy, and there are many others in the game that are as well. end of story

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #103
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Apparently the Blazer announcers were going on and on about Roy being "sick", Dallas only winning because Fernandez was out and how the Blazers would beat Dallas in the playoffs.
Except Fernandez won't be back for the playoffs will he?

Maybe the Dallas announcers should whine more about how Howard was out.

Howard > Fernandez
Old 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #104
cinemablend

Quote:
Give me a f**king break people. All I'm saying is that they were TOUGH SHOTS! It's a greater testament to him. Honestly, are those the kind of shots you WANT him to take? Personally I'd rather see him take open shots, but I'm glad they went in.
See that's where you're wrong, and why you prove you don't really know anything about Dirk. Those are tough shots for anyone in the league... except Dirk.

He makes those more often then he misses them. Those aren't tough shots for Dirk, those are just Dirk shots. Those are good shots for Dirk, which is why the team is going out of its way to get him in position to make those shots. It's still amazing every time he does it, but he always does it. Those are good shots for Dirk.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #105
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Except Fernandez won't be back for the playoffs will he?

Maybe the Dallas announcers should whine more about how Howard was out.

Howard > Fernandez
Rudy shouldn't miss the playoffs.. it was a "soft-tissue injury" aka a bruise.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #106
dude1394
Guru

Throwing things up there is a dis imo.

With respect to dirk selling calls..sure he does but rarely does dirk jump into a guy and get a call...he doesn't have the athleticism for it...the bad thing is that refs are dumb enough to fall for it.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #107
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Throwing things up there is a dis imo.

With respect to dirk selling calls..sure he does but rarely does dirk jump into a guy and get a call...he doesn't have the athleticism for it...the bad thing is that refs are dumb enough to fall for it.
yeah, there's a difference between Dirk pump-faking someone into the air and Roy just trying to run straight into Kidd as he shoots.

And of course it's a diss. Roy is implying that Dirk doesn't make hard shots like that all the time. He's implying it was a fluke.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #108
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
I haven't heard any updates; however, JJ has a recurring injury that happens time to time when he runs into someone, or when someone blocks is shot. I think he had a previous injury which causes his shoulder gets slightly dislocated...I would not be surprised if he has surgery on that shoulder during the offseason to strengthen the ligaments.

He usually recovers by the next game.
thank you, didn't knew that before(the shoulder-issue, of course his toughness is well-known to me). I'll keep an eye on that.
However, in the meantime db.com answered all injury-related questions:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1414
Quote:
INJURY UPDATE: All sorts of news here, and stuff that we’ll update throughout the day:

*J.J. Barea, who had earned his second consecutive start, drove to the hole early in the fourth and was absolutely hammered by giant Joel Przybilla. Przybilla used one hand to goaltend the layup try (no call) and the other hand to accidentally fist JJB right in the face. … and I think, very near where JJB recently underwent dental surgery. Barea appeared to be clutching his arm as he retired for the evening, but I think when he wakes up this morning he’s going to be clutching his battered face.

*Only seconds later, another bad break: Devean George leaked out for a one-pass, length-of-the-floor fast break from Kidd and as he went up for the layup. … he never went up. George was fouled on the attempt, and his right knee wobbled. He made one of his FTs and then wobbled away to the locker room.

*Josh Howard’s ankle is still subject to more tests. But J-Ho reportedly plans on joining the team in Oakland before Friday night.

*Jerry Stackhouse may not be ready to play on that foot, but he’s ready to travel and will also be in Golden State. (Given the state of the economy, I’m thinking Stack and J-Ho can get together for some sort of Buddy Pass?)

Last edited by mavErika; 03-12-2009 at 07:58 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #109
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
See that's where you're wrong, and why you prove you don't really know anything about Dirk. Those are tough shots for anyone in the league... except Dirk.

He makes those more often then he misses them. Those aren't tough shots for Dirk, those are just Dirk shots. Those are good shots for Dirk, which is why the team is going out of its way to get him in position to make those shots. It's still amazing every time he does it, but he always does it. Those are good shots for Dirk.
No, those are not easy shots for Dirk either. Those were incredibly difficult shots. Ridiculous shots. It's not a dis to him. In fact, I think it's a greater testament to him that he was able to hit them. But those were not easy shots. Not for him. Not for ANYONE. EVER.

He's a great player that was hitting some shots that had no business going in. Kobe has nights like that all the time. So does any great scorer. I was in no way implying that it was "luck" or a "fluke." I don't think Roy was either. It's more like, it didn't matter what the defense did. He was just plain hot. Honestly, doesn't Kobe look like he's just "throwing them up" sometimes? I sure think he does.

To say that those are easy shots is just plain silly. He took those shots because he absolutely could not get a better look. That's what I think Roy meant by "throwing them up." The defense wasn't giving him anything, and he still made the shots. Doesn't mean they were easy shots. Really doesn't mean they were looks.

And on most nights, shots like that don't go in EVEN FOR DIRK! But he was just feeling it last night, and he kept making them.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-12-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #110
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post

But now I'm thinking again. Maybe we should indeed try to use Stack's, Damp's, AND Josh's contracts this summer to make this team a contender again. Having almost $30 million in desirable expiring contracts is significant, and losing a contributor like Josh along the way might be okay if his great talents don't fit the team.
I'm all for it, although I'm not delighted by the idea of giving up damp, unless it brings a capable, big center back. But if these contracts are as worthy as we all hope, they better find away to throw Carroll in there, too.

For now, let's hope Josh can shake off (some of) his injuries to come back soon and contribute.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #111
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

No I don't think so. There were some really tuff shots that couldn't be guarded any better on several occasions! Lets keep this in perspective. Even Dirk doesn't want to have to constantly shoot highly contested shots like that. He shoots contested shots and makes plenty but lets hope he continues to mix it up well when those crazy ones don't fall.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #112
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

great job guys!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #113
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Those injuries weren't all that bad at all..... except for maybe Barea's.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #114
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Barea seems to have some lingering shoulder issues...it seems like when he takes a mild or hard hit, it causes some severe pain.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #115
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Hollinger being a stubborn little you-know-what about his "Mavs won't make the playoffs" prediction:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1415

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #116
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Hollinger being a stubborn little you-know-what about his "Mavs won't make the playoffs" prediction:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1415
Hollinger finally admits it...

Quote:
With a six-game deficit and 17 games left to play, it seems Thursday night's loss to Cleveland allows us to pretty much stick a fork in Phoenix. The Suns have a beneficial schedule, yes, but the combination of home losses to Dallas and Cleveland and the sense that they aren't in any shape to make the kind of surge necessary means it's probably over. In the past 72 hours, their playoff odds have dropped from less than 50 percent to a little more than 20 percent. Realistically they may be lower than that, as the Suns are probably going to be taking a longer look at the kids over these final weeks.

Meanwhile, the Suns' six-game losing streak and Dallas' own impressive pair of road wins at Phoenix and Portland means the Mavs are getting close to being a cinch. They're now at 88 percent to make it and, realistically, it would probably take a major injury to knock them off stride. It's possible the Mavs will have their playoff spot locked up before the April 5 rematch against Phoenix, rendering that meeting all but moot.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #117
fluid.forty.one

Watch the Suns go on a winning streak now.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #118
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Hollinger finally admits it...

Nope, doesn't look like he admitted it.

FF1: I don't think the Suns are any stronger mentally than the Mavs when it's time to buckle down and unfortunately for them, it's past that point and a bit too late. I don't see them making a REAL push. I can see them making a few games back up somewhere along the line.

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-13-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #119
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Nope, doesn't look like he admitted it.

FF1: I don't think the Suns are any stronger mentally than the Mavs when it's time to buckle down and unfortunately for them, it's past that point and a bit too late. I don't see them making a REAL push. I can see them making a few games back up somewhere along the line.
That doesn't sound like he still thinks they will make the playoffs though. Saying they could make up a few games is not the same as saying they will make the playoffs.

He gave the Mavs an 88% chance of making it.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #120
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That doesn't sound like he still thinks they will make the playoffs though. Saying they could make up a few games is not the same as saying they will make the playoffs.

He gave the Mavs an 88% chance of making it.

Agreed, just referring to him not admitting his system is flawed and he made a mistake in EVER underestimating the MAvs.

Tags
amoral victory, bringbacktheblackstallion, endofstory-cuzisaidso, hella emo, pitching a maverick tent, self-important much?, win = epic doooooooooom, with your mom