Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #1
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice
Default I am sick of the NBA... and here's something to make you share my misery!

Nice blog post, with some interesting videos (follow link to view videos):

http://ltdhoops.blogspot.com/2007/05...ike-spurs.html

Does anyone like the Spurs?

I understand that those people either living in San Antonio or from San Antonio are obliged to root for the Spurs. No problem there.

Outside of that exempted group, is there anyone that can say they are both a Spurs fan and a fan of the game of basketball? I don't think so... if you like basketball you cannot like the Spurs.

Reasons Why

- The greatest myth in sports is the so-called calm nature of Tim Duncan. He is never rattled, never gets too high or too low.

^^^^ See? No emotion at all! Stoic!

Whereas if you actually watch the games, you know the he complains after EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. As described in the SportingNews.com Suns blog:

We all know what the Spurs are. A slow, methodical, boring team that usually gets things done. They're getting old but they are also getting smarter. They know when to complain and how to complain. Tim Duncan obviously knows how to complain. He does it on every foul call against him and most calls against his teammates so he's perfected the talent. It should be a good series of complaining with Tim Duncan doing his classic "what-the" face (Ed note: Henry!) - scrunching it up into a little ball, tilting his head and whining to the ref like someone just took his favorite toy - and Amare Stoudemire doing his "I didn't take anything" post - holding his hands out, walking toward the ref and then abruptly turning the other way, acting like he can't understand why anyone would want to call a foul on him.

In fact, I'm going to call that the matchup of today's game. Whoever can do the most complaining to the refs without getting a technical will help their team win the game. Unfortunately, Tim Duncan has immensely more experience in this so Amare is going to have to bring his A game.

- And Manu... with the flops. Enough already. Yeah, he got poked in the eye tonight. While eye pokes can be tough to detect as they happen, making it hard for refs to determine the call under normal conditions, they are even harder to call when the player being poked likes to fall to the floor and hold his face despite not being hit in the face at all.

- And Bruce Bowen. Well, he's pretty self-explanatory. Note to Spurs fans: Bruce is dirty. It's a known fact. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can stop making delirious videos.

- On a general NBA note: Much respect to the Cleveland Cavs tonight, for having all five players on the court complaining to one ref at the same time, while the game clock was still running (sorry no pics or youtube). It's almost enough to make people forget that stuff like this happens in every single Cavs game. Final LeBron score: Steps 4 - Dribbles 0.

- Finally, I offer this bit of advice to all floppers and fakers in the league. If someone knocks the ball away from you on the way up for a shot, don't flail your arms! Common logic suggests that if you were hit on the arm, the ball would go up and your arm would go down. Inversely, if someone actually hit the ball, the ball would go down and your arms up, making your flailing a dead giveaway that it was clean.

That being said, common logic doesn't apply to all players.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I like the spurs quite a bit except for bowen. They don't get arrested, they don't act like gangsters or thugs on the court and just flat out play and kick your ass.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Yes I like the spurs quite a bit except for bowen. They don't get arrested, they don't act like gangsters or thugs on the court and just flat out play and kick your ass.
True... they're the exact opposite of gangsters or thugs... they're just whining babies that occassionally get 'Dirty' !!

Last edited by V2M; 05-13-2007 at 12:50 AM.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:22 AM   #4
MartinGT

MartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
True... they're the exact opposite of gangsters or thugs... they're just whining babies that occassionally get 'Dirty' !!
You're worse than Stouduwhiner!!

Last edited by MartinGT; 05-13-2007 at 04:23 AM.
MartinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Still gotta root for them against Phoenix, I hate Manu and Bowen but other than that its a pretty good team in my eyes. Who here wouldn't trade Harris for Parker? Seriously?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Actually, except for Timmy's constant whining, I like the Spurs too. It's what LeBron & Wade get away with that makes me sick...
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I find the Spurs very hard to dislike when we're not playing them, except for Bowen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

I want to like the Spurs since it's a fellow texas team and the only texas team left but I can't stand them. Sure they don't have thugs but duncan is a whiner, manu is a flopper, and bowen is extremely dirty. oh and parker annoys the crap out of me because he puts out this attitude that he is better than everybody becausae he's french and marrying eva longoria...
Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #9
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoy watching the Spurs and Suns play. I find myself not really caring who wins and I can just sit back and be entertained with no real emotional investment.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I'm rooting for the Spurs in this series... only 'cuz I hate the Suns more!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I don't dislike the Spurs but I don't/can't root for them. Too many arrogant Spurs fans in this area. If not for them, I probably would be rooting pretty hardcore for the Spurs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hate the spurs
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #13
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

I don't hate the Spurs and I'm rooting for them in this series. But never in any way would I ever root for the Suns.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #14
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I don't get why this makes you sick of the NBA. Because of the Spurs? And there's this big myth going on around the league that the Spurs are a boring team. I have to disagree. I find there play a little more intriguing then I do the Suns. Don't get me wrong. They're exciting when they're in a half court set and Nash is dishing out dimes. But I don't get the facisination of when a team scores they throw the ball down court for an easy lay-in or dunk. Someone might have to inform me on what makes the Spurs boring. They have the dunks, amazing lay-ins, great defense, etc. All they don't have is that guy who gets technicals every game that acts like a asshole. I will say though that i'm not a bit excited about the possible matchup of the Pistons and Spurs in the Finals. I really don't want to see that again.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #15
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

On the issue of traveling...Dirk does it nearly everytime he goes to the basket, so I'm not going to say anything.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #16
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

F*** tha spurs!!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #17
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

tim duncan is a crybaby but he would look great doing it in a mavs uniform
wesbrynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #18
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
tim duncan is a crybaby but he would look great doing it in a mavs uniform
Heh, no kidding.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #19
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Duncan goes over the back on almost block attemp. It makes me sick. I am rooting for the Suns bigtime. I forgot to mention that Bowen fouls on every play and only get away with it because he fouls so often the refs get used to it.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #20
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

and oh yeah f*** whoever roots for the spurs!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
and oh yeah f*** whoever roots for the spurs!
right back at ya'...sweetie.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Go spurs Go.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #23
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Ugh, Mav fans rooting for Spurs? Makes me sick. I guess at this point i wouldn't be surprised if Boston fans started cheering for the Yankees.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #24
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Oh and Jessica Alba? She's a 7.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #25
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Oh and Jessica Alba? She's a 7.
haha wow you really got me there. BURN. lmao.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Jessica Alba is off the freakin' charts, man.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #27
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

That shot of Jessica Alba pulling his hand off her a$$ makes me laugh!

The NBA sucks, because its all about the bucks, and I'm not talking Milwaukee.

Should be a Suns vs Cleveland Finals in 07... $$$$$$

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 05-14-2007 at 01:44 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #28
TXS

TXS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
I'm rooting for the Spurs in this series... only 'cuz I hate the Suns more!

*thumbs up* Same here, I hate the suns more.... GO Spurs
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #29
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Go spurs Go.
boo this man! boooooooooooooooooooooooo
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #30
capitalcity
Diamond Member

She's a cunt rag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez
Everyone's at the track!

Jessica Alba hit the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte, NC, this past weekend - not because she's a racing fan, but to promote her new movie, Fantastic 4.

Not everyone was happy with her presence though. "Some troops were there and they asked for a pic with her...she walked by them and said 'Sorry guys, I don't have time for that.'"

Major bitch!!!

Last edited by capitalcity; 05-28-2007 at 12:59 PM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote