Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default Nervous as hell in San Antonio

Just thought that I'd talk a little about the queasy feelings I have about game 4 tonight in Utah.

What bothers me is that the Jazz have outplayed the Spurs in the second half in all of the first three games. The difference, of course, is that the Spurs had leads in the second quarters in games one and two and just coasted through the second half, doing only barely enough to just win the game.

If this trend continues--darn--don't even want to say.

BSR
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2007, 12:28 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Three words..... home court advantage. It's what will get you past Utah almost everytime (unless you are just north of Galveston that is).

Heck.... I still believe that if the Mavericks had thrown out their 67-win lineup in game 1 of our series we could have counted on home court advantage to get us through (despite what Avery says).
Old 05-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Three words..... home court advantage. It's what will get you past Utah almost everytime (unless you are just north of Galveston that is).

Heck.... I still believe that if the Mavericks had thrown out their 67-win lineup in game 1 of our series we could have counted on home court advantage to get us through (despite what Avery says).
You are a genious. I agree as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

BSR, I like you and all... but your team lost 1 freakin' game in the WC finals!

I hope you're not seeking sympathies from the fans of a 67-win team that lost in the 1st round... !!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think I read somewhere the other day that a team that has fallen behind 0-2 has never won conference finals series.

Don't worry about it.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think I read somewhere the other day that a team that has fallen behind 0-2 has never won conference finals series.

Don't worry about it.
Yeah Rob, you guys should go ahead and plan your parade route. *jinxes spurs*
Old 05-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

who cares?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Old 05-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #9
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

Don't worry about it.
i guess we're all waiting for the mavs to shatter that record

what's it been so far...

allowed a team to win 3 in a row at home in the nba finals
allowed an 8 seed to upset a 1 seed for the first time in 7-game series history.

Let's hope the trend doesn't continue.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo

Game 4 was right there for the Mavs to take. They just didn't feel like it.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote