Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #81
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
And if he played for your team you'd love him.
Of course we would. He is an All-Star.

Oh, and BSR, and you other quality spurs fans, congrats...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #82
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

man, i hope we can keep this up, I get very nervous when the spurs get big leads early
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #83
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuseddaysleeper
man, i hope we can keep this up, I get very nervous when the spurs get big leads early
Eh, no one's watching.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #84
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Eh, no one's watching.
eh, who cares?

I love how people try using the "Enjoy your boring finals spurs fans!"

why would I care who watches and who doesn't?

all I care about is the rings and we seem to be doing a good job of getting plenty of those
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #85
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuseddaysleeper
eh, who cares?

I love how people try using the "Enjoy your boring finals spurs fans!"

why would I care who watches and who doesn't?

all I care about is the rings and we seem to be doing a good job of getting plenty of those
The problem isn't the Spurs, it's the Jazz. Snore.

I'll probably watch the finals if it's SA/Detroit.

edit: Oh yeah, and apparently Spurs fans don't go to the games either, so it's not just me.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-30-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #86
amuseddaysleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
The problem isn't the Spurs, it's the Jazz. Snore.

I'll probably watch the finals if it's SA/Detroit.

edit: Oh yeah, and apparently Spurs fans don't go to the games either, so it's not just me.

the spurs have some of the most pathetic fans in the league

I can't believe that for virtually every home game this WCF you could get tix at anytime

I understand it's the jazz but still.....just wow

I can't wait for them to move the team to anaheim
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #87
roxgirl

roxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura about

I hope D. Fish coming in during the half doesn't give Utah the boost they need.

For the time being, Go Spurs Go!
roxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #88
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

this is sick. really sick. I hope whoever comes out of the east can knock them down but I really dont see it happening. No worthy team ever comes out of the east.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #89
amuseddaysleeper

the better team won the west
Old 05-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #90
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Congrats to the Spurs. They have played some great ball this postseason.

I hope SA fans are as lax about getting Finals tickets so I can go see Horry get #7.

Where is the joy for Finley around here? He did give y'all his best years......
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #91
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki
Congrats to the Spurs. They have played some great ball this postseason.

I hope SA fans are as lax about getting Finals tickets so I can go see Horry get #7.

Where is the joy for Finley around here? He did give y'all his best years......
F' the spurts. F' Whorry. F' Michelle.

50 days til Cowboys camp.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #92
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

zzz....snort, huh wha... Spurs won...zzzz...
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #93
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

what's with Clyde congratulating them... come on clyde.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #94
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How prescient I was to jump on those 5.5-to-1 odds on the Spurs to win it all. That was like giving money away.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #95
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If I didn't think the Mavs would go back to the Finals I would've put money on the Spurs. Suns will never get out of the WCF. I take that back. They will never get out of the 2nd round if the Mavs or Spurs are there 2nd round opponent.

Props to the Spurs on showing the league how to make it to the Finals. Everyone wants to run and gun and once again defense comes out on top. Glad to see Mike finally get to get to the Finals. Hope he gets the ring.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #96
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

So assuming Duncan gets this 4th title (I am assuming he does) how far up the ladder does he move?

Boston fans must feel like shit.........
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #97
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Boston can't catch a break lol. I'm a little shocked they haven't just given up as a whole. Atleast Oden would've repaired the wounds a bit.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:32 AM   #98
roxgirl

roxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
what's with Clyde congratulating them... come on clyde.
That was sooo ODD. I would be kinda mad if I was a Spurs fan.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #99
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I thought maybe Clyde was a San Antonio native. Did D-Rob turn down the invitation to congratulate the Spurs? Seems he would've been more fitting. But being the ABC and ESPN connection that's probably why they had Clyde do it. Shocked they didn't have Eva do it as much as they show her.

Buck Harvey: Fortunate Finley: How the karma switched for one

Web Posted: 05/31/2007 12:54 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

This was over with the first shot of the game.
Fittingly, Michael Finley took it.

A year ago, Finley summed up what happens When Things Go Wrong. He joined the defending champs expecting to win as they had, and he instead took a literal blow to highly sensitive areas. Jason Terry got him with a punch to the groin, and his former team of more than eight seasons, the Mavericks, got him with the season-ending loss.

So Wednesday night, he used the word "gratifying," and the soft smile that accompanied it said as much.

Of all the Spurs, no one appreciates what has gone right more than Finley.

Not everything has tilted the Spurs' way recently. Deron Williams, for example, didn't have the stomach flu at the same time he wore a boot on an ankle.

Phoenix also didn't go away as Dallas did. Steve Nash wasn't suspended along with Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw. And Joey Crawford didn't leave until the end of the season.

Otherwise, the Spurs have been blessed, and now the only question is this: Will it be the Cavaliers or the Pistons who lose their luggage on their way to San Antonio next week?

Just a year ago, though, the opposite happened. Tim Duncan hobbled with a sore foot when he wasn't fouling out, and Manu Ginobili wasn't the Ginobili who won Game 4 in Utah.

Then, instead of scoring 16 points in the fourth quarter to beat the Jazz, he notoriously fouled Dirk Nowitzki. The Spurs lost that Game 7 in overtime, and Gregg Popovich immediately rushed to congratulate Avery Johnson. Other Spurs, including David Robinson, followed.

Finley, instead, walked quickly toward the tunnel that leads to the team's locker room at the AT&T Center. He would eventually text message his former teammates in Dallas, but he wasn't up to congratulations that night.

Dallas had not only advanced to the conference finals, but so had two other teams that Finley could have signed with instead of the Spurs. One was Phoenix, the other was the eventual champion, Miami.

According to those in the organization, Popovich hurt over this. Finley had done everything the Spurs had asked, and Popovich felt as if they had let Finley down.

Finley didn't talk to the media the night of the loss to Dallas, but the next day, he was the only Spur who did. Then, he said he was sticking with his decision to sign with the Spurs "100 percent," and he tried to frame the disappointment.

"The ball just didn't bounce our way," he said that day. "Dallas got a lot of bounces and a lot of breaks. You have to tip your hat to them. Maybe they're destined to do something good. You never know."

You never know, all right. The Mavericks would blow a Finals lead, then collapse in the first round this year.

That created a playoff opening for the Spurs, and Finley helped create a few others. The Spurs eliminated the Nuggets, for example, when Finley threw in a franchise playoff record eight 3-pointers.

Phoenix, another team that wanted Finley, fell next. As for the suspensions: The Suns could have used a professional such as Finley in a huddle of youth.

He was solid against the Jazz, scoring in double figures in both of the first wins. He played with a sore lower back, but how could he complain? Despite his age, Finley was one of only two Spurs to play in all 82 games in the regular season.

He went 30 minutes in the Game 4 victory in Salt Lake City, and the text message communication came back the other way then. Dirk Nowitzki congratulated him.

That brought Finley to the threshold of something he'd never known before, a conference title. So it's little wonder he was the one who came out firing Wednesday. He shot and scored the game's first basket, and he followed with the next. The Spurs never trailed the rest of the way.

"I thought it was important for us to come out with a strong effort," Finley said, "to let them know we were serious."

Serious?

Anyone who saw him last year, who saw him after the loss, knew he would be.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #100
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Look likes Timmy will get his 4th ring. He doesn't lose in the finals
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:12 AM   #101
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the NBA playoffs are still going on?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:59 PM   #102
roxgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I thought maybe Clyde was a San Antonio native. Did D-Rob turn down the invitation to congratulate the Spurs? Seems he would've been more fitting. But being the ABC and ESPN connection that's probably why they had Clyde do it. Shocked they didn't have Eva do it as much as they show her.

Clyde is a Houston native. He even played for University of Houston. I heard D-Rob was in the building. So strange. But yea, it woulda been hilarious had they had Eva do it.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #103
MartinGT

MartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
the NBA playoffs are still going on?
Yeah and your team isn't part of it
MartinGT is offline   Reply With Quote