Mavs win by 1-9 1 25.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 25.00%
Mavs lose by 10+ 0 0%
Pop can't rock it like Nellie 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2021, 09:36 PM   #1
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta get more than 13 points from 20 shots between our top 2 bench players.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #2
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Gotta get more than 13 points from 20 shots between our top 2 bench players.
That's why I'm so upset

It's always something with this team.

You can never rely on guys just being consistent for once. You'll get DFS and J.Rich play well one game and the next game you'll game THJ & Brunson but never any consistency amongst the unit.

THJ is liable to go 1/10 and then J.Rich will follow up by going 1/10

Can't win a playoff series with that type of inconsistency up and down your rotation.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
That's why I'm so upset

You can never rely on guys just being consistent for once. You'll get DFS and J.Rich play well one game and the next game you'll game THJ & Brunson but never any consistency amongst the unit.

Can't win a playoff series with that type of inconsistency up and down your rotation.
That’s the difference in good bench players , and 25-30mpg starters. Mavs have them as starters and they’re solid guys that will play above their head and come back to earth periodically
Old 04-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's why I'm so upset

This team just isn't very good outside of Luka and KP. Midway through the 3rd the broadcast mentioned Luka had 5 assists and 4 of them were to KP. He ended up getting 2 more. Yet we all saw time and time again he got people wide open looks. We also had like 8 turnovers in the first 14mins of the game. We ended with 12 so it finally cooled down but how are you so sloppy against a team you should be beating handily? We lost the boards battle. We allowed 120 and over 50% fg% and nearly 40% 3pt% points to a team that ranks in the bottom 10 in fg%, 3pt%, and points scored. Outside of Luka and KP there really isn't a lot to be excited about. The Mavs have to be 100% full strength to even have a prayer of winning a series IMO. We can't be missing Kleber or DFS or KP or Luka or Brunson or THJ etc... And even then we have to catch lightning in a bottle or KP and Luka have to go super nova.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This team just isn't very good outside of Luka and KP. Midway through the 3rd the broadcast mentioned Luka had 5 assists and 4 of them were to KP. He ended up getting 2 more. Yet we all saw time and time again he got people wide open looks. We also had like 8 turnovers in the first 14mins of the game. We ended with 12 so it finally cooled down but how are you so sloppy against a team you should be beating handily? We lost the boards battle. We allowed 120 and over 50% fg% and nearly 40% 3pt% points to a team that ranks in the bottom 10 in fg%, 3pt%, and points scored. Outside of Luka and KP there really isn't a lot to be excited about. The Mavs have to be 100% full strength to even have a prayer of winning a series IMO. We can't be missing Kleber or DFS or KP or Luka or Brunson or THJ etc... And even then we have to catch lightning in a bottle or KP and Luka have to go super nova.
Winning a series is laughable. I love my home team but this roster was never going to do much more than last year. We all know that we need a miracle to win a series, and most of us know we probably won't even make it past a play in.

It's always a little darker after tough loss, but we just don't have the roster to succeed and I feel it after good wins too. Too inconsistent...you never know who is going to disappear. Anyone that believes we do is probably assuming we will LIVE by the 3 and not die by it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:35 PM   #6
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Winning a series is laughable. I love my home team but this roster was never going to do much more than last year. We all know that we need a miracle to win a series, and most of us know we probably won't even make it past a play in.

It's always a little darker after tough loss, but we just don't have the roster to succeed and I feel it after good wins too. Too inconsistent...you never know who is going to disappear. Anyone that believes we do is probably assuming we will LIVE by the 3 and not die by it.
Yeah that would be me.

I bitch a lot but I keep feeling as if this team could win one series if they just get to that 6th seed.

I guess that's why I stay so frustrated with them because they keep doing the same crap over and over again.

IF I just learn to accept the fact that they are who they are I think I would be less moody after these types of repeated letdowns.

and of course Portland would be in danger of losing tonight but it won't matter because the Mavs laid another egg

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-11-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:43 PM   #7
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bigger issue for me is I don't know how we improve this roster in the off season with the assets we have. Unless there is a RFA situation that might not get matched we are probably talking about convincing ourselves that guys like Oubre and Holmes will change life for us.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:50 PM   #8
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Double post

Last edited by FreshJive; 04-11-2021 at 11:51 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:50 PM   #9
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Rick Carlisle: "Just to clarify on the DeRozan last shot, we talked about the possibility of going, but we elected not to. We elected to let DoeDoe [Finney-Smith] guard him straight up. In hindsight, we obviously should have gone with that, and that’s on me. That’s my decision."

This is kind of annoying. They talked about it? You're the coach. Tell them what to do. Was this like Hoosiers? Rick tells them to double team. Everyone stands up looking disappointed, and then Doe Doe says, "I'll make it."
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:48 AM   #10
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really nice

Quote:
Bigger issue for me is I don't know how we improve this roster in the off season with the assets we have. Unless there is a RFA situation that might not get matched we are probably talking about convincing ourselves that guys like Oubre and Holmes will change life for us.
I dont want Oubre or a holmes for big $$$$. With the money KP is making and Lukas extension right the corner Dallas has 1 big move to make and they can't F it up....I dont know who that guy would be. I guess in a perfect world it would be a Bradley Beal. Lol. Not that we have the assets to get him.

There are 4 guys I really like on the whole team Luka, KP, Kleber, and Brunson (who has made a jump this year) the rest are replaceable. I like DFS but he can't cover the elite wings in this league on a consistent basis. We have seen it time and time again.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah that would be me.

I bitch a lot but I keep feeling as if this team could win one series if they just get to that 6th seed.

I guess that's why I stay so frustrated with them because they keep doing the same crap over and over again.

IF I just learn to accept the fact that they are who they are I think I would be less moody after these types of repeated letdowns.

and of course Portland would be in danger of losing tonight but it won't matter because the Mavs laid another egg
Idk, I'm moody too after losses especially like this vs our in state rivalries in the midst of their struggles. That just comes with being a dedicated follower.

If they get in the POs then anything can happen I guess,, but you're better off with lower expectations because we just do not have a contending roster.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk > any tag ever, harden still sucks, luka magic, magic fairy dust trades