Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-14-2016, 12:20 PM   #81
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Do you think Dirk is going to a summer of workouts and then 82 games (maybe playing just 60 with no b2bs) just to win 15 games?

He will give a fuck for this 20m and just straight retire and enjoy the entire year with his family
Ummm....the 20mil is back pay for the sacrifices he has made the past several years.
I really don't care if he plays one game for that money.....the point is to start developing youth.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #82
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It pains me to see us be this bad and it would pain me to see it again next year but if Dirk wants to at least field a roster that competes for the playoffs then I'm all for it 100%. I really don't want to see Dirk miserable playing with 25yr olds and getting doubled every time he touches the ball. If we have a 20 win roster around Dirk I really doubt he will have fun playing in what could be his final year. As far as I'm concerned he's earned more than enough equity from fans from his loyalty and I think Cuban does whatever makes Dirk feel respected, was all I was saying as well to clarify.
The question is how big of a difference there is between just barely missing/making the playoffs and winning 20 games. This season is a failure, and do a few more wins really make a big difference? I'd actually much rather see some fun athletic guys around Dirk because it would properly contrast his game. Instead, he is playing with a bunch of old guys who are in the same boat as him and need games off just to stay healthy. Is Dirk happy with that? Some good things to ponder. If Dirk wants vets, so be it. But I just can't see Dirk being happy with what is going on right now.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #83
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The question is how big of a difference there is between just barely missing/making the playoffs and winning 20 games. This season is a failure, and do a few more wins really make a big difference? I'd actually much rather see some fun athletic guys around Dirk because it would properly contrast his game. Instead, he is playing with a bunch of old guys who are in the same boat as him and need games off just to stay healthy. Is Dirk happy with that? Some good things to ponder. If Dirk wants vets, so be it. But I just can't see Dirk being happy with what is going on right now.
Yeah I doubt he is happy right now also. They aired some RC sounds of the game in pregame for one of these last games and one thing that stuck out to me was Dirk sitting down on the bench and RC walking to him saying "I'm going to have to put you back in soon" or something similar and Dirk had this... "I just sat down" blank stare on his face. While it's a testament to how good he is at his age to be needed for his level of play it's also a slap in the face at how bad we are constructed right now that he needs to play 32-40mins for us to have a remote chance night in night out.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote