Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 2 100.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2021, 05:33 PM   #41
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
First half he looked bad. 2nd half he looked solid. Aside from that failed lob to the upper deck. I don't see them giving up on the 18th pick...yet.
I don't see them giving up on him in the near future either but to me his ceiling is lowering ever time I see him play.
My expectations dropped to a point where I'm just hoping he can become a useful rotation player someday but at this point that is looking like a long-shot.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #42
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dude has a good wingpan and good sized hands, but he doesn't really block shots and he's 6'7"

He's like a combination of Leonard and Brandon Bass/Glen Davis. He's faster than Davis/Bass, but he's a small SF/PF.
oh i got him mixed up with EJ Onu - sorry.
i remembered the long wingspan but thought he was the taller dude who was a shot blocker.

still for a 6'7" combo forward not bad. Hope he can play D - that wingspan should help some. If he can move his feet and be an option against big wings that'd be amazing.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:16 PM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I don't see them giving up on him in the near future either but to me his ceiling is lowering ever time I see him play.
My expectations dropped to a point where I'm just hoping he can become a useful rotation player someday but at this point that is looking like a long-shot.
I've never been high on him. I was disappointed they missed on Bane, and or Bey. He's more athletic than both of those guys and he's gonna be a better defender so I'm a tad bit optimistic. His rebounding passing and defense is solid but he's got to be able to get more shots up. Get to the FT line, something. He is on mute for stretches on the floor.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 05:56 AM   #44
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've never been high on him. I was disappointed they missed on Bane, and or Bey. He's more athletic than both of those guys and he's gonna be a better defender so I'm a tad bit optimistic. His rebounding passing and defense is solid but he's got to be able to get more shots up. Get to the FT line, something. He is on mute for stretches on the floor.
He’s also a good cutter on offense, but I think he’s going to struggle to get minutes with Brunson and Frank.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #45
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
somehow in spite of his athleticism he doesn't seem to finish with authority... not a highlight dunker or anything that i've seen yet. he can get up but somehow doesn't use that to go in and dunk...

i wonder if he's the type of player at this stage of maturity that will need some plays designed for him to get him going.

I hope the organization makes some dedicated effort to get him involved. we already made a huge investment drafting him so we need to follow that up with developing him
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:52 AM   #46
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
He’s also a good cutter on offense, but I think he’s going to struggle to get minutes with Brunson and Frank.
Idk about Brunson. His mins are already locked in at the backup pg spot. But I agree that Frank should be getting first rip at mins before Green. He's a better defender, more experienced, and has more on offense...hypothetically.

Old 10-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
somehow in spite of his athleticism he doesn't seem to finish with authority... not a highlight dunker or anything that i've seen yet. he can get up but somehow doesn't use that to go in and dunk...

i wonder if he's the type of player at this stage of maturity that will need some plays designed for him to get him going.

I hope the organization makes some dedicated effort to get him involved. we already made a huge investment drafting him so we need to follow that up with developing him
Yea. We have set base plays that involve the position so in a way there are some called for him. But, Nothing wrong with designing a few plays for him specifically IMO. That's the coaching choirs job.