Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-02-2021, 05:37 AM   #41
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Every time I see DeRozan, Lavine, Ball and Vuc I kept hellp but to think how bad the Mavs have been surrounding Luka
truth.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2021, 06:26 AM   #42
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Can't remember having the 17th pick in the 2020 draft but I could be wrong, and there's really no way to prove it. Either way, I'm sure Kidd screwed that up too.
18th. We can't expect anybody taken this low to play in their 2nd year.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:11 AM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
18th. We can't expect anybody taken this low to play in their 2nd year.
We can at the....LEGENDS! He needs to be playing, so send him there perhaps. He isn't cracking this rotation and Omo provides way more than he does already as an undrafted guy.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:13 AM   #44
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I really wanna know what happened with Derozan. They must have received word he was headed to Chicago early on or something. The quick resigning of THJ was indicative, but I still think both could play together here.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I really wanna know what happened with Derozan. They must have received word he was headed to Chicago early on or something. The quick resigning of THJ was indicative, but I still think both could play together here.
I don't think the FO valued Derozan. We were still locked into the; must have shooters around Luka and we must be the most loyal franchise in NBA history. I'd really like to know too, because Cuban said early on that "We need another creator next to Luka" but I don't buy it. The 2 guys we got were both 3pt shoootahs. Ole Marky lies-a-lot.

They gave THJ a raise so damn fast because they were playing defense this offseason. Can't truly reach for a Derozan and risk losing THJ, we have whiffed on FA's too many times before.

They should be perfectly fine with tampering in the offseason because we draft so poorly that if we get busted and lose fn picks, it doesn't hurt us any.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-02-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:02 AM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was actually smart. They probably called and he didn't seem super excited. It's honestly stupid to let your own talent go to pursue a low-chance at a guy who was probably already going to Chicago anyway.

I think the uproar would be much higher here if we let THJ go, DeRozan still went to Chicago and we ended up overpaying on role players yet again (DFS, Kleber, Burke)
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:13 AM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think it was actually smart. They probably called and he didn't seem super excited. It's honestly stupid to let your own talent go to pursue a low-chance at a guy who was probably already going to Chicago anyway.

I think the uproar would be much higher here if we let THJ go, DeRozan still went to Chicago and we ended up overpaying on role players yet again (DFS, Kleber, Burke)
Thats solely based on assuming they did their due diligence on Derozan because they actually valued him and his play style here. Which is pretty questionable. But maybe they did.

Yea it would be stupid to let THJ walk and overpay role players...but that's kinda what THJ is. He's a 3rd option when he's having a good week, but he's an average role player when he's not. He provides 1 thing, sometimes.

Old 11-02-2021, 12:01 PM   #48
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm guessing they did and just got an answer that he was going to Chicago. These teams have to know where most top FAs are headed well before FA starts.

I also realized I posted this same thing in the other forum/thread, oops. Thought it never posted and probably shoulda been there to start.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Guess what day it is?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #50
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I'm guessing they did and just got an answer that he was going to Chicago. These teams have to know where most top FAs are headed well before FA starts.

I also realized I posted this same thing in the other forum/thread, oops. Thought it never posted and probably shoulda been there to start.
If the Mavs had any idea ahead of time where guys are headed, and they still whiffed on so many FAs over the years then it's worse than we thought.

Old 11-02-2021, 01:22 PM   #51
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If the Mavs had any idea ahead of time where guys are headed, and they still whiffed on so many FAs over the years then it's worse than we thought.
Well, one would hope that those they did chase were warranted with some percentage of reciprocated interest. Hope...