Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-27-2022, 09:36 PM   #81
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Bullock was really the only guy I thought was bad. Obviously the OT 3 was nice.

You could see DFS trying to be active offensively. Maxi had a couple clutch 3s. Defense was there. Is this a glimpse of corner 3 Green? I hope it becomes more consistent

But it?s a slog when Luka has to sit.
DFS and Bullock have proven they can turn it on in the second half of the season and shoot lights out. I?m not super worried.

Green would be a hell of a nice surprise. His defense was good despite the dirty hooks by Kyrie. He covers so much ground he even had some double teams that he cheated off and still covered the ground after the pass. 4-8 on threes this season (50%)

But yeah, we need more from SD and/or a third ball handler
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2022, 09:44 PM   #82
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
1 rebound in 32 minutes from your big.
I only remember seeing 1 rebound that I thought should have been his, but I admittedly was not paying a whole lot of attention to the blocking out.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:48 PM   #83
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

On the plus side, every bench player except for Campazzo with 3 mins scored in double figures.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:52 PM   #84
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Also, even though I didn?t like Bullock tonight, that shot was halfway down, and if he makes it, he?s 3-6 from 3 tonight. I?m more concerned that they can?t seem to get a decent 2 point shot in that situation.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:34 PM   #85
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, the defensive guys can be black holes for wayyyy too long before doing something meaningful. It still comes down to having that other playmaker we mention 5000000 times a day. That's why THJ was in there at the end. He is literally the only other guy outside of Spencer that can actually make plays on offense.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 10:40 PM   #86
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mean, the defensive guys can be black holes for wayyyy too long before doing something meaningful. It still comes down to having that other playmaker we mention 5000000 times a day. That's why THJ was in there at the end. He is literally the only other guy outside of Spencer that can actually make plays on offense.
THJ can't make any plays bro. Unless you consider the nice back cut that Luka led him perfectly on. THJ is either hitting 3s or not.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 10:41 PM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Green had a good game. Hitting shots always helps but he looks improved and tonight he was all over the place.

Old 10-27-2022, 11:13 PM   #88
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
THJ can't make any plays bro. Unless you consider the nice back cut that Luka led him perfectly on. THJ is either hitting 3s or not.
Dude is still better at ball handling compared to Reggie or Dodo. There is a reason he was in there at the end. And this is coming from someone who would trade THJ in an instant.

Old 10-27-2022, 11:28 PM   #89
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dude is still better at ball handling compared to Reggie or Dodo. There is a reason he was in there at the end. And this is coming from someone who would trade THJ in an instant.
yeah Tim is definitely more of a threat with the ball - he can put it on the floor and get to the rack or can pull up and hit mid-range. If he's on, he gives us a lot of potential on offense. Love/hate candidate #1 and probably the one we'll bitch about most now that Powell is on the bench.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:32 PM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
yeah Tim is definitely more of a threat with the ball - he can put it on the floor and get to the rack or can pull up and hit mid-range. If he's on, he gives us a lot of potential on offense. Love/hate candidate #1 and probably the one we'll bitch about most now that Powell is on the bench.
He HUSTLED and did other things when he wasn't making shots. I was stunned, and it's all I ask for from him. He played well this game.

Old 10-27-2022, 11:39 PM   #91
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
He HUSTLED and did other things when he wasn't making shots. I was stunned, and it's all I ask for from him. He played well this game.
awesome to hear - didn't get to see much but the last bit of the game. Hope he can put in work every game.

Nice to see Green hit 3-3 too. he's someone else that could give us a whole 'nother dimension if he could be consistent. I wish the mavs would run more especially when him and THJ are in the game. That's one thing i still don't understand with Kidd - is it a purposeful strategy to not push tempo?
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:46 AM   #92
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Good win tonight

Green played with confidence

Luka finally toned down all those bad 3's and just like I said in the new orleans thread he dominated from inside the arc all game.

I wish he would stay more consistent and just keep it around 4-5 three's his FG% is so much better when he does that.

I know some fans are upset with the team, but I still believe if they stay together and work out the defensive kinks, they will end up 4th seed out west.

In years past I would stress out over this team, but I think they deserve the patience now because they finally have a solid roster that is close to championship caliber if they can find a legitimate 3rd ball handler.

Last edited by Dallas41; 10-28-2022 at 12:47 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:53 AM   #93
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I wanna see Dorsey a little bit, the guy is a great shooter, and decent ball handler.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 02:01 AM   #94
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
I wanna see Dorsey a little bit, the guy is a great shooter, and decent ball handler.
Same here...he's looked really good in garbage minutes and seems to have a smooth confident stroke. It would be nice to see what he can do in meaningful minutes. Plus, he is mature and has skills that we could use right now.
If THJ ever goes down, he's the guy I'd like to see get the opportunity to fill in.

Last edited by rimrocker; 10-28-2022 at 02:03 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:43 AM   #95
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I know some fans are upset with the team, but I still believe if they stay together and work out the defensive kinks, they will end up 4th seed out west.

In years past I would stress out over this team, but I think they deserve the patience now because they finally have a solid roster that is close to championship caliber if they can find a legitimate 3rd ball handler.
100% agree. The lack of a 3rd ball handler is the only major weakness the team has, I think. Getting Wood for the 26th pick was a home run. Unfortunately losing Brunson and not replacing him at all was a major setback. I they can manage to get a 3rd playmaker, I think this team is a legit contender.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:06 AM   #96
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
No question he is better than Do or Bullock. It's just rare that he puts the ball on the floor and actually dribbles anywhere that isn't to get the ball back to Luka.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #97
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

All Things Mavs@All_Things_Mavs
Here?s a few of the Mavs rankings in the NBA through four games?
T-1st in 3PM/G (15.8)
1st in TS% (62.6)
1st in OFF. RTG (122.3)
1st in FTA/G (32.3)
2nd in Net RTG (11.8)
2nd in FTM/G (23.8)
4th in FG% (49.4)
5th in PPG (120.5)
8th in 3PA/G (38.3)
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 09:04 AM   #98
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Those stats are definitely inflated by the Grizz game.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:25 PM   #99
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wouldn't surprise me if Tim started next game. Think it would be better for Spencer to run the second unit like he did last year.

Old 10-28-2022, 02:01 PM   #100
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me if Tim started next game. Think it would be better for Spencer to run the second unit like he did last year.
I?m kinda in for this.

I?m still optimistic we can get the SD back from when he averaged 21-7 and let him go ham with the second unit. It may take time and it doesn?t mean we don?t need a third ball handler but he could be really good as the second unit star.
Old 10-28-2022, 02:49 PM   #101
SMC0007
Guru

I'd be shocked if Tim was starting next game. To do it that quickly wouldn't make sense. If they think they have figured that out but can't figure out to start Wood, would be wild.

I'm not saying THJ starting is a bad idea. I just don't see how they could just decide that after a good game. If we are basing it off a good game, wood would have started game 2.

SD off the bench makes fine sense, but you lose the 2ndary creator/ball handler in the SLU while adding another 1 dimensional perimeter shooter. 3 non ball handlers who are even capable of more than a cpl dribbles to buy time for Luka to get open again and reset...and McGee, whatever he does.

Old 10-28-2022, 03:02 PM   #102
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well Tim, for all his faults, shoots like the SG he is. And he is the only player outside of Wood that shoots without thinking twice about it (these are players outside Luka I'm talking about). Even Spence is a tweener guard that is often unsure about whether to score or pass. We need a shoot first player in the starting lineup next to Luka. I'd prefer Wood, but THJ makes a lot of sense.

Old 10-28-2022, 03:07 PM   #103
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Challenge will be that THJ hasn't historically had many consecutive good games. He'll play well and be MIA for 1-4 games until he hits his shots again. He makes entirely too much money to be a part time employee!
Old 10-28-2022, 03:30 PM   #104
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'd be shocked if Tim was starting next game. To do it that quickly wouldn't make sense. If they think they have figured that out but can't figure out to start Wood, would be wild.

I'm not saying THJ starting is a bad idea. I just don't see how they could just decide that after a good game. If we are basing it off a good game, wood would have started game 2.

SD off the bench makes fine sense, but you lose the 2ndary creator/ball handler in the SLU while adding another 1 dimensional perimeter shooter. 3 non ball handlers who are even capable of more than a cpl dribbles to buy time for Luka to get open again and reset...and McGee, whatever he does.
Well Kidd mentioned it before the game yesterday, so I'm guessing things are fluid. He also kept Tim in the game late over Spencer.

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/sta...65098886680577

Old 10-28-2022, 04:47 PM   #105
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

1st in offensive rating
15th in defensive rating
2nd in net rating

Only three games, but the first half of the season is going to be working on that defense.