Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-01-2022, 09:37 PM   #81
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ha!

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2022, 09:37 PM   #82
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Now we?re going to put more burn on Luka and still lose because we?re an untalented sack of shit coached by a douchebag
Old 12-01-2022, 09:38 PM   #83
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

9-3 at home 1-8 on the road if we lose
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:39 PM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Those 15 missed FTs kind sting

Hard to believe a professional team can be under 50% on freebies
Old 12-01-2022, 09:41 PM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Glad we?re losing
Old 12-01-2022, 09:41 PM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Closer to replacing Kidd and his dumb ass
Old 12-01-2022, 09:43 PM   #87
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Literally losing in the worst possible way
Old 12-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #88
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

We've lost to the Rockets and the Pistons, who have won a total of 9 other games combined not including us.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #89
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, that was close. Sorry but we need this because otherwise Kidd is off the hot season. Can't stand him.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:45 PM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Back to 11th in the west

Not even play-in

2-7 worst record in the league over the last 9

I am going to laugh hysterically when we lose by 18 to the Knicks
Old 12-01-2022, 09:45 PM   #91
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

How Hardy can?t find his way onto the court with one of the least talented teams in the league is insane to me.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #92
JustJay

Yeah I think we can all agree Kidd needs to go. Anyone disagree?
Old 12-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #93
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
How Hardy can?t find his way onto the court with one of the least talented teams in the league is insane to me.
We still start Dwight Powell over 25/8/3 Wood, so...

Old 12-01-2022, 09:48 PM   #94
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We still start Dwight Powell over 25/8/3 Wood, so...
I'm afraid that's a Cuban decision. That's his boy.

I can't prove it but wouldn't be shocked.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:51 PM   #95
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Kidd is gone by Saturday and Igor has assumed the coach position
Old 12-01-2022, 10:09 PM   #96
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Yeah I think we can all agree Kidd needs to go. Anyone disagree?
Yes

I do

That's because this team doesn't play any defense

So no matter what coach you have that won't help this team fix it's real problem

Everyone cried for wood to get more minutes. Well he did. They had 3 guys put up 20+ and still lost

It's not because of who starts or who finishes games

It's not because of who kidd prefers

The cold hard reality is these dudes just don't want to play both ends of the floor

They want to get their shots up but they don't want to play with the same energy when it comes to defending someone
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #97
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Team is trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yes

I do

So no matter what coach you have that won't help this team fix it's real problem

Everyone cried for wood to get more minutes. Well he did. They had 3 guys put up 20+ and still lost

The cold hard reality is these dudes just don't want to play both ends of the floor

They want to get their shots up but they don't want to play with the same energy when it comes to defending someone
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:24 PM   #98
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes

I do

Lol is this kidd. You and him the only ones who hate wood. Team is trash but he?s clearly a starter on this roster.

The fact this team has zero fight, don?t want to defend with any effort correlates with the coach as well.

Edit: wood 10-13 lmao but I guess you have your told ya moment cause the team lost

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-01-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:28 PM   #99
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/...m64U2YrF1MRCqg
Old 12-01-2022, 10:53 PM   #100
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Lol is this kidd. You and him the only ones who hate wood. Team is trash but he?s clearly a starter on this roster.

The fact this team has zero fight, don?t want to defend with any effort correlates with the coach as well.

Edit: wood 10-13 lmao but I guess you have your told ya moment cause the team lost
Show me anywhere in my post where I said Wood sucks or I hate Wood

I said it doesn't matter who starts or who finishes games for this team they won't win because none of them play defense.

None of them doesn't just mean Wood. That includes every single MF on this team who laces up the sneakers with the exception of possibly Josh Green.

This team can score 120 points nightly with Luka and Wood both getting busy and that won't change a damn thing at the end of the day because they are going to give up 125.

So, I could less who starts, who finishes or who scores the most points. The ultimate doom for this team is a roster full of shitty defensive players.

Kidd can't fix that shit.

This team got full of itself just like Atlanta did after they made the ECF's.

MF's decided they had arrived already and completely fucking forget it was defense that separated them from previous Mavs teams over the last 3 playoffs.

Last edited by Dallas41; 12-01-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:01 PM   #101
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Team is trash
They are a trash ass defensive team

MF's don't want to play hard (THJ) unless they are starting

MF's don't want to play defense

No fucking rim protection

Getting outworked by every fucking team in the league under .500

jack up 40 three's per game because that doesn't require any effort or ball movement.

People sick of Kidd......hell I'm sick of the long laundry list of players who have been here 4-5 years now pulling the same shit over and over again.

Blow this MF up and bring in some fresh new faces.

Fuck the locker room chemistry shit we keep hearing about every year.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:54 PM   #102
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Show me anywhere in my post where I said Wood sucks or I hate Wood

I said it doesn't matter who starts or who finishes games for this team they won't win because none of them play defense.

None of them doesn't just mean Wood. That includes every single MF on this team who laces up the sneakers with the exception of possibly Josh Green.

This team can score 120 points nightly with Luka and Wood both getting busy and that won't change a damn thing at the end of the day because they are going to give up 125.

So, I could less who starts, who finishes or who scores the most points. The ultimate doom for this team is a roster full of shitty defensive players.

Kidd can't fix that shit.

This team got full of itself just like Atlanta did after they made the ECF's.

MF's decided they had arrived already and completely fucking forget it was defense that separated them from previous Mavs teams over the last 3 playoffs.
Saying fans were ?crying for wood? in addition to your other posts harping on any poster asking for more wood minutes WHEN ITS OBVIOUS HES A STARTER on this team, you just want your told you so as if it proves he shouldn?t be getting 30 minutes.

This topic is irrelevant to the rest of your argument and doesn?t support it because the whole team sucks at defense. There?s no effort because there?s no unity or chemistry. And I will always point to the coach when that part of a team is broken. Free throws are always a tell. Kidd is a buffoon for a coach so no he can?t fix it. You have to reward players for playing well. You can?t play games with your roster. No one on that team respects Kidd. He plays games in the media and contradicts himself within the same interviews.

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-02-2022 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:59 PM   #103
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

14/29. You have got be kidding me.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:51 AM   #104
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahah. I recorded the game and just finished it. I found myself not wanting us to make the comeback. I'm just so tired of the same few guys on the roster bouncing around their ceiling while the staff and Luka just wrings them out trying to squeeze every last drip.

Luka is the best offensive player in the sport. He's a huge downer on defense. He's capable of solid, even good defense but the kid has some lazy habits and poor fundamentals most times. Ita getting out of hand.

Our rebounding is phenomenal, IF we were a high school team. No boxing out or awareness.

The free throws have become contagious. I keep wondering if we had to pick a guy to shoot a game winning or game tying technical with no time left, they might all melt before someone stepped up and...bricked it.

We need a veteran, an actual veteran who can play. Someone to kick these guys even Luka in the ass and hold them accountable for the rebounding, defense, free throws etc.

I'm intrigued to see how far down this thing can go.

Our record against "bad", inexperienced, or injured teams and how we can never get a lead big enough is why Hardy won't get minutes. He's not Our savior but ffs, we can't develop him on the team because it's either chuck away garbage mins that coach won't value anyway or we are scratching and clawing for a win and can't afford to have him make "the" mistake that the coaches get rag dolled for playing him. Even though we have 4 of those guys already and they make good money for nothing.. THJ,BULL,DFS,DP.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-02-2022 at 01:02 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:10 AM   #105
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

If we didn't have Cuban, Kidd would be in an incredibly awful situation. I can't feel bad for him because he's done most of this to himself. Yet we all know Cuban ain't about to do a GOT DAMN thing. We'd have to miss the playoffs before he fired Kidd...aka admits a mistake.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:02 AM   #106
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

""Dalton Trigg@dalton_trigg
I?m not ruling out a Mavs second half of the season resurgence like they had last season, but man? it just feels different this time around.
The roster has been mostly healthy, and Luka has been unreal most nights ? and yet they?re 10-11 with 9 horrible losses.""

me: feeling the same...
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:14 AM   #107
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
""Dalton Trigg@dalton_trigg
I?m not ruling out a Mavs second half of the season resurgence like they had last season, but man? it just feels different this time around.
The roster has been mostly healthy, and Luka has been unreal most nights ? and yet they?re 10-11 with 9 horrible losses.""

me: feeling the same...
The most revealing thing was when a twitter fan posted that something was going on behind the scenes. And Skin, who generally trashes twitter fans, replied with "Ya think?"

It's irreparable this season. Kidd has to go.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:25 AM   #108
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Yes

I do

But if the team has given up on defense and FTs, then that means the coach has lost the team.

You are making the point that Kidd is definitely the problem. When players stop trying, then it's on the coaching.

And although it doesn't seem like it, the offense is just as much of a problem. You're running Luka to death while hoping that Spencer and THJ shoot well. And you're not starting your best center to alleviate it.

Did you ever go to basketball camps as a kid? Mavs aren't doing 101 stuff right now.

Never been more sure that it is coaching in all of my life.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:28 AM   #109
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs haven?t won an away game in 34 days

Knicks tomorrow in NY

Weeeee

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-02-2022 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:29 AM   #110
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

How does Kidd fix inherently bad defensive players and horrid free throw shooting? Any improvement in either of those facets last night and the Mavs win the damn game. And plenty of others this year for that matter.

Right now, this is the Mavs FO to own. McGee, Dragic, DSJ, etc. I think they need some young and hungry dudes to come in and remind vets how to play hard. Team full of dudes that only want to get their shots up. Hell, they are even lazy on the offensive side of the ball. Facade of movement between players and the ball, waiting for Luka to shoot, drive, or make the badass pass. All while Luka gets hailed as a ballhog, etc. when the casuals don't watch just how bad this cast has been around him this year.

When it comes to Kidd, I think too many quickly write off the job last year. I can already hear the belly aching that was +Brunson and -THJ but they still got to the WCF. You can't pick and choose when a coach puts players in good positions to succeed and they just fall flat on their faces. To me, it's been an individual collapse that has blossomed into team disruption. No one outside of maybe Dinwiddie and Green has even played at the same level from last year. Almost all have regressed in some aspect.

I'm pointing the fingers at the players and the players alone at this juncture in the season. They are flat out playing with no heart. And no, I don't believe they are this bad and I can still hold the opinion they need a shakeup. Someone might have hit the nail on the head when saying this squad has gotten too comfortable and think they have already made it. Someone or something needs to light a fire under their collective asses.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #111
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

I'm of the opinion that the fans are freaking out way worse than the team is. What we learned last season is that being great in the 1st half of the season don't mean a thing. The Mavs were well below .500 after December last season and things came together when it mattered most. I think the Mavs are a good team, but just not completely interested in throwing the kitchen sink at every game at this time. And if my hypothesis is correct, then they need to manage Luka's minutes better going forward.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:00 AM   #112
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

You can't manage Luka's minutes if you aren't winning games. This isn't rocket science folks.

This isn't like last year where Covid and out of shape Luka hurt the team. Mavs are fully healthy and Luka is in shape. Sorry, but all signs still point to the coaching staff. FO isn't far behind, but Cuban isn't selling the team. Nico is just a parrot for Cuban.

Old 12-02-2022, 11:44 AM   #113
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
I'm of the opinion that the fans are freaking out way worse than the team is. What we learned last season is that being great in the 1st half of the season don't mean a thing. The Mavs were well below .500 after December last season and things came together when it mattered most. I think the Mavs are a good team, but just not completely interested in throwing the kitchen sink at every game at this time. And if my hypothesis is correct, then they need to manage Luka's minutes better going forward.
lol at comparing last season, its not even remotely the same. Luka out of shape, Covid sidelining the team, Jalen taking off in december, tough schedule to start the season.

Now: Luka has come in doing legendary things, highest minutes of his career AND losing to the easiest schedule to start the season when factored in they play teams missing multiple starters, and no jalen. supporting cast is worse, theres no collective unity, and its obvious something is going on behind the scenes. Even Skin all but confirmed it responding on twitter with "ya think"

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-02-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:02 PM   #114
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Supporting cast has played worse. I do not believe they ARE worse. The shooting has to come around as the key to unlocking any sort of success. Some are saying we are a good offensive team which may be the case when comparing to the rest of the league. But I am seeing SO many instances in which the offense can improve and carry this team. Hell, it's what has to happen since I don't see the same light at the end of the tunnel for the defense.

Free throws, 3 point shooting, and rebounding more aggressively on offense would go a long way to improving this team. They have guys here to do it better than they have so far. I still remain of the feeling that a change is needed. Hardy and/or Dorsey or make a trade. Either light a spark with youngins or unclog the drain by trading vets. The latter is harder because you're trading perceived bad players and trying to get better ones.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #115
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
How does Kidd fix inherently bad defensive players and horrid free throw shooting? Any improvement in either of those facets last night and the Mavs win the damn game. And plenty of others this year for that matter.

Right now, this is the Mavs FO to own. McGee, Dragic, DSJ, etc. I think they need some young and hungry dudes to come in and remind vets how to play hard. Team full of dudes that only want to get their shots up. Hell, they are even lazy on the offensive side of the ball. Facade of movement between players and the ball, waiting for Luka to shoot, drive, or make the badass pass. All while Luka gets hailed as a ballhog, etc. when the casuals don't watch just how bad this cast has been around him this year.

When it comes to Kidd, I think too many quickly write off the job last year. I can already hear the belly aching that was +Brunson and -THJ but they still got to the WCF. You can't pick and choose when a coach puts players in good positions to succeed and they just fall flat on their faces. To me, it's been an individual collapse that has blossomed into team disruption. No one outside of maybe Dinwiddie and Green has even played at the same level from last year. Almost all have regressed in some aspect.

I'm pointing the fingers at the players and the players alone at this juncture in the season. They are flat out playing with no heart. And no, I don't believe they are this bad and I can still hold the opinion they need a shakeup. Someone might have hit the nail on the head when saying this squad has gotten too comfortable and think they have already made it. Someone or something needs to light a fire under their collective asses.
I can't get on board with the idea that we have a team full of dudes just wanting to get their shots up. Dfs and Bullock are scared to shoot it. DP doesn't shoot ever. Maxi is reluctant. Green deserves every shot he takes and still doesn't shoot enough imo. Luka, SD and Wood are guys who should be shooting. THJ is pretending to be a dude who should be shooting.

It's clear that our green light offensive guys need to play better defense....

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-02-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #116
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

Thank you

I felt like I was alone on this

Can J.Kidd could do better sure he can. All coaches can do something better

But this FT issue has been bad way before Kidd showed up. The rebounding issues have been bad way before Kidd showed up and the defense was bad way before Kidd showed up.

He finally got the defense on track with smoke and mirrors last year. This year he can only do so much when you have a roster filled with terrible defenders who just want to get up their shots and prove they can score.

Playing Hardy doesn't fix the problem....

Playing Wood or THJ as a starter or reserve doesn't fix that problem ...

That's why I say Kidd ain't the problem they haven't given this man a legit roster to play any defense.

We still got fucking Dwight Powell after 5 years starting at Center. Powell has been on this roster way before Kidd showed up.

Nico and Cuban both stated this summer after the Golden St series the Mavs needed to get better at center. Those were their words and yet they didn't want to go after a legit starting center they wanted to patch it up cheaply with McGee.

Kidd isn't the guy responsible for this roster. He's not the guy who tried to low ball Brunson and wait til later to sign him after he already out played his contract. That shit falls on Cuban who is always trying to get bargain deals.

It's time Mavs fans voice their damn frustration at Cuban publicly he;s the guy making all the financial decisions. He's telling us every year if there's a deal out there that gets him closer to title, he'll pull the trigger but every year we got to hear how guys like Powell, Kleber and THJ are culture guys that are needed in the locker room.

I believe if Kidd had more say so Powell, THJ and Kleber all would have been gone by now.

Also think about this THJ flat out told the media he's better as a starter. Basically, the way I see his quote is dude wasn't given maximum effort if he's asked to come off the bench. His focus isn't the same thing, and neither is his desire.

I didn't like that interview one bit or his response to the question. How about saying I'm going to give my best effort for the team regardless of if I'm starting or coming off bench.

The way he answered it was like I only struggled because I was coming off the bench.

Dinwiddie handled coming off the bench perfect no ego or anything he just did his fucking job.

Last edited by Dallas41; 12-02-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:14 PM   #117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
It's obvious that it's a locker room issue. A psychology issue. A culture issue.

You fix that, and you fix a lot of these issues.

Kidd can run shooting drills for 8 hours a day, but if guys are unhappy, their FT numbers are going to be below career averages and the defense is going to underperform.

Are the guys bad defensively? Yes. Are they underperforming their peak performance? Also yes.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:22 PM   #118
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

The THJ interview is interesting. Speculation about these matters misses the mark more often than not, but nevertheless I will speculate. THJ, MCGee, and Wood all feel strongly that they should be starting. That is causing locker room problems and Kidd does not now how to mediate the situation. If Kidd can't figure it out, then some subset or maybe all three should be traded (Cuban will not fire Kidd any time soon). Simple as that.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:24 PM   #119
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

But when everything is going wrong, then it's a team tuning out a coaching staff problem. Once a team tunes out coach, then there is no going back. At least, I can't remember such a scenario in the NBA where that has happened.

So liking or not liking Kidd becomes moot at that point.

If the team plays another game where they shoot 50% or under from the ft line, then he needs to go immediately. There is just no excuse for that at all.

Old 12-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #120
Melonhead
Guru

To add: As much as we like Luka, it sets a badddd look to be throwing tantrums when there is a turnover. The team sees that, and eventually itll lead to resentment. His body language is not good.

Its okay to be upset but his overreactions will never help.