Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-06-2022, 12:52 AM   #41
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Green is absolutely fun to watch and is becoming a complete player.
Still needs to look for his own shot more and create for himself to keep defenses honest.

Can't wait to watch Hardy develop over the next few years. Kidd has to give this guy an opportunity.

Bullock's funk should create some opportunities for others.

McGee must be completely unplayable in the eyes of Kidd if he can't get in this game.
I think McGee is just chilling. He?s cool sitting on a bench collecting 6m
Old 12-06-2022, 02:23 AM   #42
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I know it's garbage time, but I LOVE how Hardy looks. I don't even necessarily care that he made 4 out of 5 shots. Good ballhandler, his steps look so soft and coordinated, can change gears dynamically, and has a huge wingspan for his size, not to mention looks strong as a bull. I hope he can show something for us sooner rather than later!

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 12-06-2022 at 02:24 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:56 AM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Up 24pts with 5 mins left, I would haved been getting Hardy up to check in. He's being trained to go out there and get his shots up because all his mins are meaningless to the outcome. He's not being asked to show his ability to play within the system when it matters. Seems like a big step for growth. He came in looking like Kobe.

I'll take something over nothing, but we have a B2B and we left some guys in really late after they had pulled their guys. I'm taking SD out around the 4:30 mark and putting in the bench guys.

Luka and Tim playing and hustling on defense has made a big difference. Josh even mentioned it after the game.

A lot of shit talk between players. Luka and Booker as usual. Green and Lee, Payne and Maxi. Fun game

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:36 AM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Up 24pts with 5 mins left, I would haved been getting Hardy up to check in. He's being trained to go out there and get his shots up because all his mins are meaningless to the outcome. He's not being asked to show his ability to play within the system when it matters. Seems like a big step for growth. He came in looking like Kobe.

I'll take something over nothing, but we have a B2B and we left some guys in really late after they had pulled their guys. I'm taking SD out around the 4:30 mark and putting in the bench guys.
That's why I would have started Hardy from the get-go. He can hide hits flaws with the vets who all look more than willing to help him out. And he's better than some of those starters to boot.

I also like Spencer running the second unit. He has been good this year, but I'm still not crazy about his fit next to Luka.

The main reason you start Green and Hardy now is to preserve the vets for the playoffs when the games grind to a halt. That's where Kidd is maybe starting to get it a little bit with Green.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:02 AM   #45
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Mavs are fun to watch if they are hitting threes. They can bury someone quickly.
Kind of like those Mavs teams of Nick Van Exel, Dirk, Finley and Nash. But when they go cold, it's ugly.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:44 AM   #46
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's why I would have started Hardy from the get-go. He can hide hits flaws with the vets who all look more than willing to help him out. And he's better than some of those starters to boot.

I also like Spencer running the second unit. He has been good this year, but I'm still not crazy about his fit next to Luka.

The main reason you start Green and Hardy now is to preserve the vets for the playoffs when the games grind to a halt. That's where Kidd is maybe starting to get it a little bit with Green.
Kidd is gonna ride Tim's hot streak like a rented mule bro. It's better than Bullock but I'd be going with Green too.

Hardy on the other hand, I love him and want him to get more mins, but I think he still needs to work his way up the rotation. I dont think he is starter material yet, at least until Tim cools off, which he will, but that would mean jumping Green and that's unlikely. He's not jumping DFS because ...defense and tenure. However, I would roll him in with the 1st rotation when Maxi, Wood and Green come in. That's a lot of 2nd unit offensive capability. If you can outscore other back up units, you are going to be in a lot of games.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote