Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-07-2003, 07:27 PM   #1
Stew3636

Stew3636 is on a distinguished road
Default Rasheed Wallace on trading block

Would you do it???
"About 90 minutes before Wednesday's game, Trail Blazers president Steve Patterson and general manager John Nash called a meeting with Rasheed Wallace and coach Maurice Cheeks, presumably to inform the guys I'm about to jump off the bandwagon. Either that, or something may be brewing at One Center Court. After the closed-door meeting, Nash would say only that they discussed "a variety of topics" with Wallace, but a Blazers source said that the forward's future with the team was on the list of items discussed. As in, "You're about to become a free agent, bub. Figure it out." Oregonian

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.0 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -8.7 ppg, -4.5 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

Portland trades: PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 78 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 48 games)
Change in team outlook: +8.7 ppg, +4.5 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

OR

Dallas trades: SG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (4.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14.6 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jeff McInnis (5.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 17.5 minutes)
PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.3 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Portland trades: PG Jeff McInnis (5.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 17.5 minutes)
PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
Portland receives: SG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (4.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14 games)
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 78 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.3 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and +1.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I'd do both, the second one even more so. Najera i thought was disposable because we would be bring in another forward who is capable of playing 35+ minutes a night with dirk, antawn, and forston, howard etc
Stew3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Rasheed Wallace on trading block

Crap no I wouldn't do this trade! Just what we need another forward and another PG. As ape said in another thread, defense, oddly enough, isn't the problem. Scoring is. Walker for Wallace is horrible.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:38 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rasheed Wallace on trading block

No way. Maybe if we could trade any combination of Najera, Fortson, Finley, TAW, Howard, Daniels and Jon Steffanson for a package featuring Bonzi and Rasheed, but in no way should we ship out one of our 'T(w)oines to pick up Sheed...
Old 11-07-2003, 07:57 PM   #4
Stew3636

Stew3636 is on a distinguished road

are you kidding. you wouldnt swap antoine for rasheed. i think rasheed is much more talented, ESPECIALLY on the defensive end and has a better inside game(or potential for one). just a thought, i have always liked rasheeds game but NEVER his attitude, and the whole thing about scoring being a problem is just crap. A team with steve nash, mike finley, dirk, aj does not have a scoring problem, they have shooting slumps and spacing issues. just my views
Stew3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:05 PM   #5
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't give ANY one of the Mavs top 5 players for Wallace OR Bonzi. Neither of them appeal to me at all.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:11 PM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I would do the trade without Najera. Walker and Jamison are basically in the same role and I would rather have Jamison than the turnover prone Walker. Nash, Fin, Jamison, Dirk and Rasheed will be a crazy combination.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we need a player like Rasheed anymore. Plus, Najera is doing pretty well lately coming off the bench, the team plays well with him out there. Rasheed is way too unstable, I don't like him. Only guy on the blazers that would appeal to the mavs would be Zach Randolf, hopefully he didn't spend enough time with the other pot-heads over there to cause problems over here. And we all know the Blazers will not part with Randolf.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:38 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

For the love of..... Please stop. Just stop it. We don't need players like Jalen Rose or Rasheed. No, it's not there attitudes it's just we don't need them as players. We have scorers. It's clear. We have a power foward in Dirk. I'm sick of these trade ideas. I just can't take it anymore. We need a center. This is my last post in any trade thread that doesn't fix our main need which is a big man.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:05 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Can the Mavs afford to make another big trade right now? Are they not having a hard enough time getting their stuff together without having to throw in another mix?

Unless they plan to fold and let this season be a learning experience, I'd rather they not make another big trade.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:48 PM   #10
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

I would do it in a heart beat, just cause I hate Walkers game.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:18 AM   #11
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
No way. Maybe if we could trade any combination of Najera, Fortson, Finley, TAW, Howard, Daniels and Jon Steffanson for a package featuring Bonzi and Rasheed, but in no way should we ship out one of our 'T(w)oines to pick up Sheed...
Seriously, you wouldn't prefer Sheed to either Walker or Jamison? It must be because of Sheed's generally unstable nature, and not his skills on a basketball floor.

If the Mavs have any chance of getting Sheed, I'd recommend getting him, for the following reasons: 1) He has a legitimate back-to-the basket skill set, rivaled only by Duncan (Shaq doesn't count because size and brute force aren't skills); 2) He doesn't want to be the main man - he hasn't put up any fuss about any suggestion that the Blazers aren't his team, or that some other player is the team leader...he has allowed Randolph to take over at the PF spot with little national complain; and 3) size and athleticism on defense at the PF spot.

I haven't watched any Blazer games, but if Sheed's switch to SF is working out for the Blazers defensively, I'd say make a trade with Sheed and Walker being the principal parts in a minute. If Sheed can defend either the 3, 4 or 5, that allows Dirk to defend the weaker (weakest?) of those three positions.

And, Sheed doesn't play point-forward, so he isn't taking the ball out of Nash's hands, which is the main reason I think the Mavs' offense has not been as smooth (of course, Nash hasn't been playing in the last two games due to injury, but the Mavs didn't really light it when he was playing, at least not against the Lakers).
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:25 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know him enough to make the call. Talent-wise, I certainly would take him over walker or jamison. Although I'm still intrigued with walker.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote