Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #41
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:George Karl says Rasheed Wallace a Mav?

What a dope that Bonzi is... please don't let him come here Cuban.
On the news they said that Cuban has denied even talking about the trade with Portland, I hope he's telling the truth.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #42
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: George Karl says Rasheed Wallace a Mav?

The bac, what did Wells do to Finley?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:04 AM   #43
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

i remember wells intentially tripping fin. it was a very cheap shot
Old 11-09-2003, 12:08 AM   #44
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fin was running up the middle and at the half court line Wells jumped in front of him. He sorta clipped his knee and Fin went down hard. He bounced right back up and was in Wells face. It was one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen.

I remember Fin saying after the game that they were friends, but friends don't pull that kind of thing on the court.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:18 AM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

thebac- it may be a comment on his character but it doesnt change the situation. Cuban doesnt seem to care about chemistry- he is the ultimate businessman and he sees a good opportunity to pick up Wallace (and possibly Wells) when their stock is fairly low because of the campaigns for a nicer team in Portland.

here were my thoughts on Walker when he came

Did I want to see Walker here? no.
Is he a phenomenal talent? yes.
Will he help this team? who knows
What will happen to our chemistry? Who knows

and Wallace?

Do I want to see Wallace here? no.
Is he a phenomenal talent? yes.
Will he help this team? who knows
What will happen to our chemistry? Who knows
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:41 AM   #46
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
On the news they said that Cuban has denied even talking about the trade with Portland, I hope he's telling the truth.
Donnie does all the talking.... gotta watch Cuban... he is sneaky.

I don't know though.. if this is all just some baseless rumor I will be really pissed. I wonder why donnie hasn't commented? or Nellie?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:43 AM   #47
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

Nash13: What MFF said. I don't like it when someone risks a serious injury to another player for no good reason (especially if that other player is a Mav).

Erica: I totally agree with your assessment. I think it would be a huge talent upgrade and would bring toughness to the team. Low post defense, weak-side shotblocking, low post scoring by your SG, plus a SG who will probably need fewer looks than Fin. You trade two comparable players (Fin and Wells), and you get the one who's on his way up. You clearly upgrade on the other player (Jamison and Wallace). While Jamison has more upside and Wallace is two years older, Wallace is clearly better. Like you said, from a talent standpoint this trade is a no-brainer.

It's just that I don't like Wells much. I wouldn't mind Wallace because he'd actually fill a need, and I do think he's mostly misunderstood (though quite confused). In addition, Wallace clearly seems to have superstar potential still in him, and I don't see that in Jamison.

I like your analogy to the Walker trade, but I liked Walker, from what I had read about him, as a person. I don't like what I hear about Wells at all, and the interview, imo, captures pretty well what sort of person he is.

Of course, best-case scenario, both guys clean up their act, Wallace fulfills his potential, and the Mavs sweep the Lakers in the WCF this year and go on to win 5 straight championships. One can dream, right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 12:44 AM   #48
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

That interview proves nothing. That reporter was trying to piss Bonzi off to get an emotional response, rather than an apology to the fans. IMO Bonzi showed restraint by not biting on the reporter's cheap ruse.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:51 AM   #49
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
That interview proves nothing. That reporter was trying to piss Bonzi off to get an emotional response, rather than an apology to the fans. IMO Bonzi showed restraint by not biting on the reporter's cheap ruse.
I agree that the reporter was trying to bait Bonzi, but

a) why did Bonzi flip off that fan to begin with?

b) he could have said something along the lines of "no comment" instead of some story about how he "blacked out."
Old 11-09-2003, 12:52 AM   #50
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

On a semi-trade talk note, does anybody remember that infamous/controversial thread made by Mavs413 this summer? The one that sent Wallace to Dallas, but involved Atlanta too?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 01:03 AM   #51
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I just saw the black out story as Bonzi's silly way of saying no comment. By amusing himself he was able to diffuse his emotions. As far as flipping off the fan it was a stuoid thing to do, but who knows what the fan said. I have a feeling it may have been racial with the way he sarcastically responded that there are no racists in Portland.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 01:45 AM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh*

if only I was a GM and personality didnt matter I would pickup Zach Randolph instead of those other sorry slobs.

Randolph and Stoudamire are the two best upcoming players who actually play lowpost offense and defense.

Thats what we really need- a center and at least one player who will play in the low post. Forget all this point-forward crap where Walker drives into the paint.... give me a 22-23 year old who's averaging 18.6 ppg 11.6rpg on 50% shooting in his 3rd year any day. He gets nearly 5 offensive boards a game! We wouldnt even need to feed him to get him scoring.

*wakes up from the day dream*
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:32 PM   #53
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I would love to have Randolph...and im sure cuban and nellie would too. Unfortunately portland doesnt want to be our next victim in being deprived of their best player..or for that matter, in some opinions their second best with potential to be best player. It wont happen

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote