Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-17-2004, 04:11 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default Dirk on Bad Radio - Ticket

I didn't see another thread on this. So here it goes...

Dirk was on the Bad Radio between 2:30 & 2:45 CST today. Here's some snippets from it that I could remember:

- Wanting to win the game last night very badly
- Annoyed & amused that Phoenix Coach constantly calling the refs attention saying "Dirk's travelling on every play"
- Thought his 5 fouls were "a joke" but didn't want to elaborate further.
- Said he was more vocal against Booth & Bradley last night, just trying to get them in position
- Said he's quite comfortable being the leader on the floor
- He's also quite comfortable in taking the final shots of a close game as in the GS game
- He thought the US team was lucky to win the bronze medal beating Lithuania
- He'd like to keep his long hair as he'd heard girls dig that better than his shaved look

That's all I can think of now. I might add some if remember later. He did come off as usual... a real, down-to-earth guy with a great sense of humor.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk on Bad Radio - Ticket

It was a good interview. Dirk's really a rather funny guy when he wants to be.

He also said that:
- He was probably a bit too pumped last night
- Forced some shots when he came off of the bench in the 4th
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #3
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

It's a shame I missed it but thanks for the snippets~

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
- Said he was more vocal against Booth & Bradley last night, just trying to get them in position
Very nice to hear. Very nice.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 04:53 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was a good interview. Dirk's really a rather funny guy when he wants to be.
It was. I think Bob and Dan are generally a good interview team. They have a way of luring the interviewee into their confidence by kissing his ass...then they hit him with the tough questions, but in a non-threatening way. The Stackhouse interview went awry because Bob wasn't there.

You always hear Dirk’s teammates talking about what a funny guy he is and it came out well in the interview.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #6
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dirk on Bad Radio - Ticket

Dirk is a funny guy. What was that thing where he wore a clown wig and was talking to greg anthony who was also wearing a fro'-wig? I saw a split second of that, I wish I knew what that was all about.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:58 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Forced some shots when he came off of the bench in the 4th

I'm glad he realized this. Now i'm sure next time when he comes off the bench this won't be a problem. If that was T-Mac or Kobe they probably would've done the same thing but wouldn't have that it was the wrong thing to do.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:18 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, he was only one of about a half dozen people that were forcing shots. He needs to draw the double and kick it out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:37 PM   #9
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

He needs to keep going to his left when teams are doubling his strong side. They were running JJ, Q, and Nash at his right in anticipation of his go to move. He twice took Marion to the left all the way to the hole, he should get better at taking what the defense gives him.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M

- Thought his 5 fouls were "a joke" but didn't want to elaborate further.
At least 2 of those 5 were "jokes". He played his heart out diving for balls and rebounding like crazy. His shot betrayed him last night, but I thought for the most part, the team responded well without Dirk in the line-up. They need to learn to score without him, in those time when he's not on the floor. However, I like how he was the primary scoring option when he was on the floor.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude those are my fingers...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:24 PM   #12
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

I was late to work because I couldn't turn off the radio. That was the best Dirk interview that I have ever heard.

He said that he is going to keep his long hair because his mom hates the shaved look. He said he would keep it until atleast Christmas.
He said he was a bit to emotional last night and that it probably had to do with Nash being there.
He said that his boyhood dream was to play in Athens for the Olympics.
He said he is not a complete player yet. He wants to punish defenders in the paint.
He said it felt good to hear Cuban say he is untouchable and that if he was Cuban, he probably would have traded himself for Shaq.
He said that he likes Metalica's old stuff but not the new stuff. He might drop in for tonights concert but would probably leave after 10 minutes if wasn't any good.
He said he loves his IPod and that he has around 8000 songs on it.
He was clearly upset with the officiating last night and so was I.

Over all it gave me a semi listening to him. We are so lucky to have this super talent here in Dallas!!!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:44 PM   #13
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:

Over all it gave me a semi listening to him. We are so lucky to have this super talent here in Dallas!!!
Define "semi". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Was that too much info or what?!!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:49 PM   #14
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

>- Annoyed & amused that Phoenix Coach constantly calling the refs attention saying "Dirk's travelling on every play"

d'antoni's a weasly little bitch. never liked the guy

>- Thought his 5 fouls were "a joke" but didn't want to elaborate further.

I thought at least 3 of them were.

>- Said he was more vocal against Booth & Bradley last night, just trying to get them in position

it's good to hear.

>- He thought the US team was lucky to win the bronze medal beating Lithuania

i totally agree with this. l

>- He'd like to keep his long hair as he'd heard girls dig that better than his shaved look

the long hair looks better, yes.