Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2004, 02:35 AM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Are the Mavs a better team without NASH (103.3PM)

Quote:
but on topic i think our defensive gains outweigh the offensive losses from losing steve nash
exactly..

without a doubt, this makes the mavs a better ball club and gives them a more realistic shot to succeed in the postseason

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2004, 01:33 AM   #42
jopace

jopace is on a distinguished road

I believe the Mavs are better without Nash. The main reason is defense. The Suns play like the Mavs did for the last 2-3 years. Run and gun, lots of offense no defense. The Suns game last night against the Kings was very Mavs like. The Suns lost at home in a high scoring game, the same way the Mavs used to loose games like that. Nash was a liability on defense the coaches even admitted to such. With Harris, Terry and Daniels at the point the Mavs defense at the top is so much better.

No doubt the Mavs offense would still kick in high gear with Nash, but I don't think they would have held all opponents until this last game against the Wizards under a 100pts.

Let's face it and admit it, loosing Nash may have been the best thing to happen to the Mavs this year, so far. I know that's hard to admit, but I'll stand by that statement all year. Watch the Suns this year and see if they don't remind you of the past Mavs teams with Nash.
jopace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:21 AM   #43
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

Dam yeh were better withoutt Nash. Dude!
But even if we had a good pg our teem weil still be ineffective because
1. our execution stinkgs
2. coach don is a sour butt
3. evy one looks for dirk who cant done nothing butt turn the ball over. Why not give it to stack dammit!!
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:48 AM   #44
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

suns are 10 times better with nash than they were with marbury so he ovbiously improves any team he is on. That said the mavs are better this year which has more to do with the fact there is a center in place this time around who takes up space in the middle.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 AM   #45
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Steve13
suns are 10 times better with nash than they were with marbury so he ovbiously improves any team he is on. That said the mavs are better this year which has more to do with the fact there is a center in place this time around who takes up space in the middle.
This is a bit of a stretch...the Suns have the exact type of talent to fit Nash's skill set, which is uptempo running and gunning...having guys on the team like Marion, Stoudemire, Johnson and Richardson gives Nash wingmen to pass to, and when he penetrates and draws defenders, it results in many easy looks for Stoudemire around the rim, and he's a great finisher.

That being said, Nash doesn't "obviously" improve *any* team he is on...the Mavs may be a better team without him...it remains to be seen at this point. I don't think he'd make the Kings a better team, either, since they don't have the athletes to run with him (although he showed with Dallas that he can effectively run a halfcourt offense --- his shooting differentiates him from Jason Kidd in that regard).

Still, your point is well made that he would improve the vast majority of NBA teams were he to be added to their roster.

4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote