Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kerr's high 5, low 5 - 11.16.04

Kerr's high 5, low 5

by Steve Kerr, Yahoo! Sports
November 16, 2004

Each week during the regular season, I will rank the five best teams – and the five worst teams – in the NBA.

To view my rankings from the previous week, click here.

Team records are through games of Nov. 15.

THE HIGH FIVE

1. Dallas Mavericks (7-1) – They have successfully replaced Steve Nash by rotating Devin Harris and Jason Terry at point guard, and they're getting great support off the bench from Jerry Stackhouse. It's been a smooth start to the season for Don Nelson's rebuilt roster.

2. Utah Jazz (5-1) – The Jazz are 5-1 despite being without their first two point guards – Carlos Arroyo and Raul Lopez. They're deep, talented and play well together.

3. San Antonio Spurs (5-1) – Despite a bad loss in Seattle, the Spurs are doing it like they always do – with defense and a steady diet of Tim Duncan.

4. Miami Heat (5-2) – The Heat are adjusting quickly to Shaquille O'Neal's presence in the middle.

5. Seattle SuperSonics (6-1) – Let's revisit this ranking after their six-game road trip.

THE LOW FIVE

26. Chicago Bulls (0-4) – The Bulls are winless and the circus is coming to the United Center, which means the next seven games are on the road. Uh-oh.

27. Atlanta Hawks (1-5) – What else is new?

28. Golden State Warriors (1-7) – Mike Montgomery's team is scoring 83.5 points a game, which is about 10 more than his Stanford team averaged last season.

29. New Orleans Hornets (0-6) – Their winless start includes a home loss to Atlanta, and their next three games are against Phoenix, Utah and Minnesota. Can you say 0-9?

30. Charlotte Bobcats (1-4) – The Bobcats have won only one game but that's OK. They're supposed to stink this year.

Steve Kerr is Yahoo! Sports' NBA analyst. Send him a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Kerr's high 5, low 5 - 11.16.04

well I guess his doubts are starting to be put to rest, and he didnt include his overacheiving Suns in the mix although its a weekly thing and Suns have dropped two in a row.

My high/low 5
1) Utah
2) Dallas
3) San Antonio
4) Phoenix
5) Seattle

26) Charlotte
27) Golden State
28) New Orleans
29) Atlanta
30) Chicago

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:40 PM   #3
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

He must have forgotten that we were the number 9 team in the west.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:32 PM   #4
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

f*** you steve kerr!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #5
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Somebody's gettin' censored.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #6
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
f*** you steve kerr!
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.