Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs sign Derek Fisher

Just saw via Twitter.

Quote:

@fishsports

BREAKING #mavs signing Derek Fisher story now on @fssouthwest and comin to http://dallasbasketball.com

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 11-28-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Because we totally need some more washed up veterans.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

rock bottom reached
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that D-Fish backing up Darren Collison isn't so bad, but we'll see.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Don't be surprised if Fisher is starting as soon as he is up to speed
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

If you desperatly need to sign Fisher you have a problem.

Bigger question: Waiving who?!

Dojo? Murphy? Roddy?

Last edited by sefant77; 11-28-2012 at 10:56 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Who is getting cut or sent to d league?
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post

That doesn't affect roster space.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
D-league counts against the roster
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If we cut anybody but Murphy or Dojo, I might blow a gasket.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #11
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Don't undervalue Fisher's locker room leadership. One of the big reasons why we won 2011 was because of the amount of vets we had.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #12
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
If we cut anybody but Murphy or Dojo, I might blow a gasket.
More like Roddy or Murphy.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #13
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

If they cut Roddy...would have such a bitter taste...so disappointing
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
roadrunner
Golden Member

Thanks for correction on d league. Ok then, waive of Roddy, Dojo, Murphy, or maybe even Wright (considering how he has been treated lately) unless they have worked out a trade to reduce roster that hasn't been announced.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Cut Murphy
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #16
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

I actually really support the move. The Mavericks desperately needed a veteran back up. It was a shame Delonte didn't work out, but he obviously has way too many issues.

Whether its Roddy or Dominique, I can't say I will weep for either one. Now if Donnie could only swing a trade for an interior presence...
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #17
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Rocker bottomer.

Murphy, Fisher, what is this....

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Signing Derek Fisher a sign of Dallas' desperation
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...as-desperation

If it's Wright, I will flip my lid.

4-1 with Wright playing big minutes
3-8 since benching Wright.

Not causation, but there is a lot of correlation.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-28-2012 at 11:19 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Mavericks way to turn to veterans when desperate, but this time it's just pathetic for so many reasons...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #20
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

It's got to be Roddy or DoJo. Roddy just can't do anything anymore, and DoJo can drive the lane, but never finishes, so what good is it?
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Because he never took that step forward?

If you aren't getting better, you are getting worse. It is hard to get better if you stay injured. I thought he did some good things last year for being a 1st time PG ever, and he only missed 2 games from injury but he was supposed to take the next step this year. The season started out positive in LA and Utah, but after the 2nd sprain....just flatline.
I really think this game put an end to his career here.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
+1. Our guards are playing in a state of panic, which I don't think Fisher will do. And at least Fisher is not going to put up with these ineffective offensive screens we now see.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #23
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Mavericks way to turn to veterans when desperate, but this time it's just pathetic for so many reasons...
Welcome back.
Would have preferred Livingston before he signed with Washington. Fisher was not a positive move for OKC even tough he killed the Mavs last year.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #24
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

It has to be a guard that is cut, we have too many of them.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #25
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Signing Derek Fisher a sign of Dallas' desperation
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...as-desperation

If it's Wright, I will flip my lid.

4-1 with Wright playing big minutes
3-8 since benching Wright.

Not causation, but there is a lot of correlation.
Why would you flip your lid? What has Wright done to merit such angst? I'd rather cut other players, but it's not like it's some sort of death blow. Wright is every bit as much a tweener as Cunningham.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #26
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Donny Nelson meet Joe Dumars, Joe Dumars meet Donny Nelson...

they should write a book called how to destruct a championship caliber team.

With that said... the signing of Derek Fisher just shows how wrong they were about their roster. It shows that Donny didn't care about wins..staying afloat while Dirk gets back. I still believe that Delonte didn't do anything out of the ordinary that occurs on most professional teams when they lose.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

As a Mavs fan who lives in the LA County, this is a dark day for me.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #28
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So this is what a new collective bargaining agreement team looks like. Color me unimpressed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 11-29-2012 at 12:05 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #29
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So this is what a new collective bargaining agreement team looks like. Color me unimpressed.
And how ironic that Mr. Fisher himself was one of the ring leaders of the new deal.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And how ironic that Mr. Fisher himself was one of the ring leaders of the new deal.
Yea, maybe this was his plan all along. Teams will have to have a bunch of minimum dollar guys, maybe he figured he would get a couple more seasons out of it.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #31
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The Brooklyn Nets say hello.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #32
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

True story saw Fisher was looking into signing with 3 different teams, texted my buddy looks like Fisher is coming back why won't this guy just go away and die, and not 2 hours later we sign him. I text my buddy to tell him, he cracks up and I try to spin it as a good veteran presence.

So I went from wanting the guy to just die from the NBA completely into calling him a good veteran presence. Until we get Dirk back we are the complete suck of suck, but still in position to make a playoff push regardless.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
The Brooklyn Nets say hello.
It does appear that teams are reading the cba a little differently, doesn't it?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
True story saw Fisher was looking into signing with 3 different teams, texted my buddy looks like Fisher is coming back why won't this guy just go away and die, and not 2 hours later we sign him. I text my buddy to tell him, he cracks up and I try to spin it as a good veteran presence.

So I went from wanting the guy to just die from the NBA completely into calling him a good veteran presence. Until we get Dirk back we are the complete suck of suck, but still in position to make a playoff push regardless.
You sound like a Republican.

Wait...wrong forum?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #35
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plus these old fellas tend to be higher on playing time than money so you would think that the Mavs lured him with at least backup minutes. But maybe I overvalue the market for Fisher and no lure was needed.

Last edited by j0Shi; 11-30-2012 at 04:51 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #36
davblue

davblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the rough

If Derek Fisher is going to be our starting point guard then Dirk might as well stay injured a while longer.
davblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #37
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Why would you flip your lid? What has Wright done to merit such angst? I'd rather cut other players, but it's not like it's some sort of death blow. Wright is every bit as much a tweener as Cunningham.
Wright is a pf. Pure and simple. Hes just not a stretch 4 which is what Carlisle wants. The problem is we don't have a stretch 4 on the roster other than dirk
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 AM   #38
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah Carlisle seems so obsessed with spacing that he is willing to give up rebounding and interior defense for a poor mans version of it. That poor man being Murphy.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 11-29-2012 at 02:20 AM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #39
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Would be stupid. I'm sure somebody would still trade a late first round pick for him. Dojo is virtually useless just like Roddy at the moment, but i can't imagine he has any trade value, so why not him? I'm pretty sure Fisher will start, and i'm almost crying if i think about a lineup with Fisher, Carter, and Kaman playing together. They will be something else on the defensive end.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 11-29-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #40
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Wright is a pf. Pure and simple. Hes just not a stretch 4 which is what Carlisle wants. The problem is we don't have a stretch 4 on the roster other than dirk
Murphy is a prototypical stretch 4, actually he is more of a stretch 4 than Dirk. Dirk's position is a high-post scorer. The best one at that in the history of the game. He doesn't camp at the 3 point line, like a stretch 4 does.

Anyway, Murphy is an excellent player, he had monster seasons with the Pacers. He had a 14/12 season, where he shot 45% from 3 point land, and he had another 3 or 4 solid seasons close to that.

He had an excellent 2009/2010 season. That was a mere 2 years ago. He's terrible at the moment of course, but i personally don't see Wright as a better option overall. Everybody's fascinated with his low-post scoring, i don't think that's our problem at the moment.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote