Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #81
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Jekyll Hyde halves today. Much needed win. One more game closer to Dirk's return. :-)
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #82
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Man. The Pistons suck.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #83
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Man. The Pistons suck.
this.

But with another lucky lottery they gonna look good. Give Knight/Monroe/Drummond another year...thats a nice core
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #84
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

What did Rick say ?
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #85
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

OJMAYO!!!!!!
tron#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #86
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

Elton Brand was on point tonight. An impressive showing from the big man. Easily his best game for us. Was also awesome to see OJ Mayo get back to the form he was in earlier in the season. Hopefully we can build on that good second half.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #87
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

Also it was quite pleasing not to have to worry about Troy Murphy's soft defense.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #88
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Watching OJ play when he has it going is tremendously exciting.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #89
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

No GDT, eh? Well, overall, that was a pretty crappy Pistons team that showed up tonight, but I'll still take the win. Great efforts by Brand (both sides of the ball) and Mayo (stroking the three and attacking on the break) in the second half to bring it home. Nice to see Sarge get some good minutes, too, considering the occasion.

Can't not comment on Fish, this being his first game. Shot was definitely off. That may or may not get fixed, but it'd be great if it did. Watching these young guys running the point so much this year, his experience and IQ stood out even through the rust. One thing that I noticed on one play in particular was his screen setting. Can't remember the whole breakdown of the play, but the crux of it was that he set an elbow screen that freed up Marion for a catch in space and an easy finish at the basket. It was probably the single best pick I've seen a Maverick player set this year.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #90
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
What did Rick say ?
No comments in regard to the issue, but here's everything he said

What led to the win: “We got stops and we got in transition. Detroit was a tired team because they played a hard, physical game last night in Memphis. We struggled in the first half with shot making but we had a lot of good looks. We felt we just had to stay the course and do a better job rebounding. We started out well, hit a lull in the second quarter, and then picked it way up in the second half. That’s what got us the win; the ability to get stops and then get out in transition because they were doing a good job of locking up O.J. (Mayo) in the half-court stuff.”

Derek Fisher’s debut: “He ended up a significant plus in the game. It’s going to take some time for him to get his legs. I’ve been saying that all along. I liked when he and (Darren) Collison were together. I thought that was pretty productive lineup. He enhances our situation a lot of different ways. He gives us more options, and his experience, you just substitute what that means.”

Elton Brand’s performance: “This was a vintage game for him. For whatever reason, his shot-making has been up and down. He got into the flow of the game. He got into it and he affected it greatly on both ends. He had blocks and he had rebounds in traffic. He was hitting shots and making passes. It was really a big-time effort when we really needed it most. His effort was enormous.”

Bernard James’ performance on Seats for Soldiers night: “I thought (James) played really well off the bench. He gave us a lot of energy and ran the floor. It was fitting, given it was Seats For Soldiers night that he would have an impact like that. It was great.”

quoteboard up in the am

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-02-2012 at 01:51 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #91
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
No GDT, eh? Well, overall, that was a pretty crappy Pistons team that showed up tonight, but I'll still take the win. Great efforts by Brand (both sides of the ball) and Mayo (stroking the three and attacking on the break) in the second half to bring it home. Nice to see Sarge get some good minutes, too, considering the occasion.

Can't not comment on Fish, this being his first game. Shot was definitely off. That may or may not get fixed, but it'd be great if it did. Watching these young guys running the point so much this year, his experience and IQ stood out even through the rust. One thing that I noticed on one play in particular was his screen setting. Can't remember the whole breakdown of the play, but the crux of it was that he set an elbow screen that freed up Marion for a catch in space and an easy finish at the basket. It was probably the single best pick I've seen a Maverick player set this year.
The other thing he did out there was battle. He was switched multiple times on bigger dudes and he battled em. He didn't just let them walk all over him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #92
lilojmayo

lilojmayo is a jewel in the roughlilojmayo is a jewel in the roughlilojmayo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Watching OJ play when he has it going is tremendously exciting.
He is extremely talented. but talent only gets you so far. He lacks something inside of him. i personally think it is a motor and the will to win against all odds.
Which prevents him from ever reaching his potential from a skillset aspect
Old 12-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #93
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The other thing he did out there was battle. He was switched multiple times on bigger dudes and he battled em. He didn't just let them walk all over him.
One more thing is his ability to stay with his man on defense, and fight around/over/under screens. It is strange how much better Fish is at this than the much quicker Collison. I really liked Fisher out there. Everything felt calmer and more organized. When his shots start falling, he will fill some of the void left by Kidd.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #94
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

So RC's just gonna roll with this undersized PF thing instead of trying to further develop Wright?

Hey, I'm just glad Murphy's gone. Maybe I shouldn't get greedy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #95
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
So RC's just gonna roll with this undersized PF thing instead of trying to further develop Wright?

Hey, I'm just glad Murphy's gone. Maybe I shouldn't get greedy.
If Sarge and Brand can actually play well together like they did in spurts last night, hard to argue with it.

To me, if he's been hesitant to play Roddy over the years and we see what we see out of Roddy when he does play, I'm figuring there is a possibility we'll keep seeing the same things with Wright in regards to his issues.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #96
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To me, if he's been hesitant to play Roddy over the years and we see what we see out of Roddy when he does play, I'm figuring there is a possibility we'll keep seeing the same things with Wright in regards to his issues.
If Wright could shoot 3s, he'd be getting more playing time. It really is as simple as that. Might as well trade him then instead of letting him walk next summer.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #97
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Huh?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #98
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Huh?
I think BG was taking a shot at the players inability to develop and/or the coaches inability to develop young players.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #99
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well Nellie used to always say: players don't "become" good rebounders. Dirk was an exception to that rule but generally speaking he is right. Rebounding (or the ability to rebound) is one huge skill that translates from college to the pros. And most rebounders are already good rebounders when they come into the league. Passing/Shooting/Defense/Leadership/Pois (Crunchtime ability) all improve when you get into the league.

So if Carlisle wants Wright to be a better rebounder and will not trade him until he becomes one... the Mavs might as well get rid of Wright. Ironically though, Wright is just as good of a rebounder as the guys that Carlisle plays ahead of him.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #100
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Well Nellie used to always say: players don't "become" good rebounders. Dirk was an exception to that rule but generally speaking he is right. Rebounding (or the ability to rebound) is one huge skill that translates from college to the pros. And most rebounders are already good rebounders when they come into the league. Passing/Shooting/Defense/Leadership/Pois (Crunchtime ability) all improve when you get into the league.

So if Carlisle wants Wright to be a better rebounder and will not trade him until he becomes one... the Mavs might as well get rid of Wright. Ironically though, Wright is just as good of a rebounder as the guys that Carlisle plays ahead of him.
You, I, and everyone else knows that the reason he is not seeing action has little to do with rebounding. Yi Jianlian got into the games before Wright last year.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #101
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ironically though, Wright is just as good of a rebounder as the guys that Carlisle plays ahead of him.
You mean Crowder and Murphy? Because everyone else who's played ahead of him at the 4 or 5 is a better rebounder than he is, and even Murphy was better on the defensive glass. That said, I think Sarge is probably the only guy who's earned minutes ahead of Brandan because of rebounding/physicality. With everyone else there are other factors figuring into the playing time.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #102
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

The Wright love is hilarious. A couple of easy dunks and some people become blinded...

Last edited by markus1234; 12-02-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #103
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Wright love is hilarious. A couple of easy dunks and some people become blinded...
I can't remember many dunks Wright had this year so far. It seemed like he really worked on his offensive game and that worked out. 8.5 PPG on 65% shooting, and most of them weren't dunks.

Still don't get why he can't see minutes...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #104
Bayliss

Quote:
Still don't get why he can't see minutes...
Because he cannot hit the 3 ball. It isn't because of his (lack of ) rebounding.

Quote:
You mean Crowder and Murphy? Because everyone else who's played ahead of him at the 4 or 5 is a better rebounder than he is, and even Murphy was better on the defensive glass.
Include Carter in that group as well:

Last edited by Bayliss; 12-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #105
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The fact that you think there's any "Wright love" in here is hilarious. There are people searching for a compelling justification as to why he doesn't play at all. I've yet to hear one. All I've heard are reasons why he's not a particularly good or well-rounded player. But let's not act like we have 10-12 good, well-rounded players on this roster.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #106
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
There are people searching for a compelling justification as to why he doesn't play at all. I've yet to hear one.
- defense
- rebounding
- passing
- setting screens
- blocking out
- taking charges
- playing solid "under control" BB (right tempo, little things, executing Rick's plays)
- creating his own shot

Quote:
All I've heard are reasons why he's not a particularly good or well-rounded player. But let's not act like we have 10-12 good, well-rounded players on this roster.
- Carter
- Marion
- Kaman
- Brand
- James
- Crowder

That's more than enough alternatives at PF and C

Wright is a good (wide open-) shooter and a good dunker. Do we need/miss that ? No.

Gotta trust Rick. We are not in the gym during practices and fim sessions.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #107
LonghornDub

Quote:
- defense
- rebounding
- passing
- setting screens
- blocking out
- taking charges
- playing solid "under control" BB (right tempo, little things, executing Rick's plays)
- creating his own shot
Rebounding and blocking out (I love how you list these separately) are obvious issues. Defense too. The others are unquantifiable nonsense. And the shot-creation one is completely wrong. Wright's a more-than-adequate shot-creator for a 5-10 mpg backup PF.

Quote:
- Carter
- Marion
- Kaman
- Brand
- James
- Crowder

That's more than enough alternatives at PF and C
That you list 6'6" Carter as a viable alternative at PF pretty much tells me all I need to know. Rick may play him there, but I consider him nothing near "viable" at the 4.

Nor was Murphy a viable alternative, yet he consistently played over Wright.

Quote:
Gotta trust Rick. We are not in the gym during practices and fim sessions.
I do trust Rick. I trust him plenty. He's a terrific coach. But terrific coaches make mistakes, just like terrific doctors, terrific lawyers, terrific accountants, or terrific engineers. Not playing Wright at all is a mistake.

And the even bigger mistake is not trading him if Rick's not going to play him at all.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-02-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #108
LonghornDub

Quote:
Because he cannot hit the 3 ball. It isn't because of his (lack of ) rebounding.
His rebounding absolutely plays into it, but I'm inclined to agree that Rick generally feels out of his comfort zone playing 4s that can't stretch the defense.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #109
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Include Carter in that group as well:
Carter's played maybe 5 minutes of PF all year. I don't really include him in the list of players taking rotation minutes from Brandan.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #110
Bayliss

Quote:
Carter's played maybe 5 minutes of PF all year. I don't really include him in the list of players taking rotation minutes from Brandan.
Well, 82games.com says he has played 1% of his minutes at PF. Since he has played nearly 400 minutes already this season, it is a lot more than 5 minutes. It is somewhere along the lines of 40 minutes at PF. And with the loss of Murphy that number will be bumped up more as well.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #111
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, 82games.com says he has played 1% of his minutes at PF. Since he has played nearly 400 minutes already this season, it is a lot more than 5 minutes. It is somewhere along the lines of 40 minutes at PF. And with the loss of Murphy that number will be bumped up more as well.
The last part is just speculation, which received zero support from last night's game, and completely ignores the fact that Dirk could be back in a couple weeks. As for the 1% bit, that's a percentage of total team minutes, not Vince's minutes. Compare the "Net Pts" and "Net48" columns and you'll see that the 5 minute figure is roughly accurate (as of Nov. 25th; and with the possible exception of a few seconds here or there in a situation sub that I'm not accounting for, it doesn't look to me like he's played any PF since then.)

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #112
Bayliss

If crowder and vince arw on the court together... who is playing what position? I know ive seen both out there several times the last few games wirh dantay or mayo as the sg.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #113
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
If crowder and vince arw on the court together... who is playing what position? I know ive seen both out there several times the last few games wirh dantay or mayo as the sg.
I'd say Crowder, and that's how 82games tracks it.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #114
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't 1 percentage from 400, 4? Just curious...

But Carter at the PF is just not right, i just saw him twice this year playing there and that very little!

Last edited by Kante; 12-02-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #115
markus1234
Platinum Member

The F combination of

Crowder-VC
VC-Marioin
Marion-Crowder

can stretch the floor and let Kaman/Brand/James operate at C. Wright simply can't do that.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-02-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #116
Bayliss

Yet when crowder and carter are together carter takes the pf on defense nearly everytime. Seems strange to say he aint playing pf.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #117
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yet when crowder and carter are together carter takes the pf on defense nearly everytime. Seems strange to say he aint playing pf.
Not really. Defensive cross-matches aren't unheard of even when Dirk's out there, Vince has been a 2/3 in the league for years, and Jae was projected as a tweener forward coming into the league. The stability of Vince's place in the rotation, the role he plays on offense, and the fact that Jae's rebounding numbers vary in concert with his listed position are also all consistent with Jae having been called on to play PF in those lineups.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #118
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Brand getting his game back. He has looked solid recently.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #119
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Nice to see Brand getting his game back. He has looked solid recently.
He's still peeved about minutes. If he plays like this, it won't be an issue.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #120
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
He's still peeved about minutes. If he plays like this, it won't be an issue.
Yeah, that came across in his postgame interview with Skin. He mentioned getting minutes multiple times.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote