Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of
Default David Lee

Boston is looking to trade him. Lee wants a role somewhere. I'm interested because he could be a decent backup for Dirk. The player we could trade is Charlie v. I'd consider Charlie for Lee straight up. It could work good for both sides. Any thoughts?
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
The player we could trade is Charlie v. I'd consider Charlie for Lee straight up.
Player salaries have to match when you're over the cap (within 125%)... Lee costs $15.4m, Charlie costs $900k -- it's not even close.

Basically, you're not getting Lee unless you trade Matthews or Parsons for him.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

He would a good target as a buyout candidate, but the salaries would be too hard to match because of his 15 mil.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He would a good target as a buyout candidate, but the salaries would be too hard to match because of his 15 mil.
No reason for a buyout since this is the last season of his contract... He'd be more of an offseason target, if he's even on the Mavs radar.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:34 PM   #5
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Now I'm hearing Boston could do a buyout. Donnie should really look into it.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Underdog

Hmm, reading into the rumors, it does appear that Lee is requesting to be moved, so the buyout talk is probably coming from his camp... Also, the Celtics have a lot of respect for the guy, even though he isn't earning any minutes, so they might actually do it as a favor to him.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

David Lee would be a perfect replacement for Charlie V. Dude still boards pretty well. The problem is that the Warriors aren't going to buy him out and that 15mill would mean we'd have to include Matthews/Williams/Dirk/Parsons in the trade to get him. I'd be really excited if we signed him from the buyout, but trading for him would be an awful deal.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:02 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
David Lee would be a perfect replacement for Charlie V. Dude still boards pretty well. The problem is that the Warriors aren't going to buy him out and that 15mill would mean we'd have to include Matthews/Williams/Dirk/Parsons in the trade to get him. I'd be really excited if we signed him from the buyout, but trading for him would be an awful deal.
Lee plays for the Celtics. Although if bought out then I could def see him returning to GS

I think Boston would do him a solid and let him join a contender if a trade can't be found. Too bad the Mavs aren't that.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
We need a three. RC refuses to play Anderson or Evans. Parsons and Powell can spell Dirk at backup 4. Mavs cannot afford to keep playing Matthews at the three. Morris is no longer a target from the Suns. Watson says he's now the focal point of their offense. Who are some other possibilities for small forward.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #10
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Lee plays for the Celtics. Although if bought out then I could def see him returning to GS

I think Boston would do him a solid and let him join a contender if a trade can't be found. Too bad the Mavs aren't that.
He would have no role in GS. They already have enough forwards. I don't see him going back. Though Mavs can actually give him a role, since that's what I see what he wants. More gameplay.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
He would have no role in GS. They already have enough forwards. I don't see him going back. Though Mavs can actually give him a role, since that's what I see what he wants. More gameplay.
Lee could easily play center for them like he did last season.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #12
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

yahno
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oops, I mistyped. Celtics it is.

I'd see Lee as our Amare of this year-- dude could play 4/5 and grab some boards when Dirk is injured or when we go small. He doesn't block shots that well, but he could board. I don't think he'd be the worst guy to play next to Parsons when Parsons goes up to the 4 with Dirk out.

But yeah, it depends on a lot of things:
1) The Celtics have to waive him (trades would be awful for us)
2) He isn't traded-- looks like Celtics want to find a trade for him. A contender may actually offer them a trade.
3) We can then get him for cheap off waivers or after he clears waivers
4) He wants to play for us. He started getting upset when he lost his starting role. Would he get significant minutes? Would he be happy with the role here? If we grab him off waivers, he may not be happy but he'd have no choice. If he clears waivers, then he may not choose us unless he can be guaranteed time.
5) Rick wants him and would actually play a guy who hasn't been tremendous for a while. Evans is 6'10" and sucks in rebounds, but he can't score so he doesn't get playtime. Would Lee get more?
Old 02-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #14
mxr2000

mxr2000 is a jewel in the roughmxr2000 is a jewel in the roughmxr2000 is a jewel in the rough

I like the Idea about Lee, he seem to me have a High basketball IQ, and that's what we need on this team.
mxr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:20 AM   #15
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Would be a great backup, but a lot of ifs have to happen for him to land here
Old 02-04-2016, 01:25 AM   #16
10AMGareDuNord
Banned

10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough

I'd be cool with Lee. He's a sieve on D, but we could use a big off the bench who can actually score and rebound...
10AMGareDuNord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:24 PM   #17
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

IDK about Lee. Yeah he'd be an upgrade but not a real difference maker. He'd only take development time from Powell so I'm not sure the tradeoff would be worth it looking forward to next season.
And he can't shoot 3s so I'm not sure how he'd be useful and get any PT in RC's system.

I still think any moves we make at or around TDL (or after) should be made with next season in mind.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-04-2016 at 11:27 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

David Lee would be the next coming of Eddie Najera. Nothing more. Maybe a little less.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-04-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #19
10AMGareDuNord
Banned

10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough

Quote:
David Lee would be the next coming of Eddie Najera. Nothing more. Maybe a little less.
You say a lot of bizarre and inaccurate things. Is it a running joke/thing? Just curious.

Lee and Najera are literally nothing alike, aside from being PF's with similar skin tones...

Lee is a HIGHLY skilled offensive player. Excellent PnR guy, good post player, excellent passer (multiple triple doubles, including a rare 30/20/10 game), ambidextrous and finishes with both hands. Solid rebounder. Lazy, sieve on D.

Najera is an absolutely talentless scrub on offense, who literally has zero post moves or passing skills. Decent wide open, mid-range J. Solid rebounder. Hustler extraordinaire who gave 150% to make up for a lack of skills, and was a solid, but overrated, due to enthusiasm, defender. (Though his feistyness and ability to front Yao always gave him trouble, which was cool.)

How you compare the two is truly beyond me. (And current Lee is still infinitely more talented than any iteration of Najera.) Next up, Johnny Newman vs. Raef LaFrentz!

Last edited by 10AMGareDuNord; 02-05-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10AMGareDuNord View Post
You say a lot of bizarre and inaccurate things. Is it a running joke/thing? Just curious.

Lee and Najera are literally nothing alike, aside from being PF's with similar skin tones...

Lee is a HIGHLY skilled offensive player. Excellent PnR guy, good post player, excellent passer (multiple triple doubles, including a rare 30/20/10 game), ambidextrous and finishes with both hands. Solid rebounder. Lazy, sieve on D.

Najera is an absolutely talentless scrub on offense, who literally has zero post moves or passing skills. Decent wide open, mid-range J. Solid rebounder. Hustler extraordinaire who gave 150% to make up for a lack of skills, and was a solid, but overrated, due to enthusiasm, defender. (Though his feistyness and ability to front Yao always gave him trouble, which was cool.)

How you compare the two is truly beyond me. (And current Lee is still infinitely more talented than any iteration of Najera.) Next up, Johnny Newman vs. Raef LaFrentz!
Are you done poking fun of me? Good.

Now compare David Lee NOW (not PRIME Lee) to Najera. Having a harder time being smug? Good.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #21
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

David Lee would be the best backup PF we've had since Jamison. If he's bought out, I'd be extremely happy if we were able to add him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
David Lee would be the best backup PF we've had since Jamison. If he's bought out, I'd be extremely happy if we were able to add him.
I think he's not nearly the same guy you are thinking of-- he wasn't great last year for the Warriors. Celts tried to get him back to that level as a starter, but he was pretty disappointing. They bumped him to the bench and eventually he started getting DNPs. He's not nearly the same guy.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #23
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather play Dwight Powell consistently than sign David Lee.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I was going to argue that Lee was the better rebounder and that rebounding was more in need for our team, but it looks like even his rebounding has fallen off and Powell is surprisingly effective (the eye test definitely doesn't show Powell to be that good).

Powell - 14th among PFs in rebounding rate
Lee - 24th among PFs in rebounding rate

Don't get me wrong, 24th is still pretty good for a backup, but Powell is the more efficient rebounder (and actually surprisingly good when you look at how many he's pulling down as a percentage of available)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-05-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #25
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agree 100%.
Powell, Evans and Anderson should spend the entire off-season shooting 3s because that is the only way they'll get development time in Rick's system.
Aminu couldn't get on the floor much last season until he started becoming somewhat consistent on 3s.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-05-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #26
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #27
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Agree 100%.
Powell, Evans and Anderson should spend the entire off-season shooting 3s because that is the only way they'll get development time in Rick's system.
Aminu couldn't get on the floor much last season until he started becoming somewhat consistent on 3s.
Actually, at the beginning of season it looked like Powell had worked on his range. There were couple of times where play was drawn and Powell ended at 3 point line to shoot it - after pick & roll. I don't know if they still have it in playbook because Powell gets so low minutes and I have been missing most of the games after Dirk sadly lost the nice 20-1 streak of winning games when leading after the third.

I really like what Powell is giving but he only seems to have great nights when he gets 20+ minutes. Everything under that - even at 15 - seems to be quite average in terms of effort. I firmly believe that he can develop even further with his shot and hope that he gets some Holger treatment in the coming weeks. I can't imagine anyone else really needing or using Holger's treatment - unless Matthews is willing to change something to get out of his slump. Perhaps Anderson would really benefit from Holger, too.

However I do like the idea of David Lee. He would be another one of those players who - when subbed in - can completely change the pace and style Mavs normally do. But I believe he will join somewhere where he can get significant minutes - these past years have been awful for him. There are number of teams where he could get decent minutes but which teams don't really need him and therefore are not trading for him. At the same time, David Lee fits right in the mix of players who needed to rejuvenate their careers and come to Mavs.

I have no problem with Lee getting minutes from Powell - as long as Powell doesn't get frustrated by it and gets extra time to work on his game.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #28
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he's not nearly the same guy you are thinking of-- he wasn't great last year for the Warriors. Celts tried to get him back to that level as a starter, but he was pretty disappointing. They bumped him to the bench and eventually he started getting DNPs. He's not nearly the same guy.
Let me say as a preface that any idea of of trading for David Lee is in the context of him most likely being a rental that we hope can give the team 15-18 minutes of play.

I think he (and the quality of his play) was a victim of circumstance last year at Golden State. He wasn't a fit in their system as they don't deploy a traditional PF and he obviously isn't suited to play any minutes at center, even in small ball lineups. And he just isn't a fit in Boston considering the rest of their roster... they traded for him strictly for financial reasons. He doesn't work next to any of their other bigs, at all.

If you look at the quality of his play, obviously he has lost a step since his couple of great seasons late in his Knicks tenure and over the first couple of seasons with the Warriors... however, per-36 he's not that far off from where he was back then. I'm not saying he would be a starter on many teams if he got the minutes, but this roster is utterly devoid of a quality backup power forward. I was a big Powell supporter but after his hot start to the season, he's looked lost more often than he's looked even competent.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:43 PM   #29
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post

I was a big Powell supporter but after his hot start to the season, he's looked lost more often than he's looked even competent.
Powell seems more comfortable close to the basket where he can use his size and athleticism. He got minutes when we didn't have a backup for Zaza and did pretty well but he is more of a tweener who needs to play with more of an offense-oriented center in a different system if he is going to play the 4 imo.

It has become very obvious to me that Rick has no use for PFs that can't shoot 18 footers and beyond.

Lee isn't going to stretch the floor so the only way he becomes a factor is to be Zaza's backup but then we suffer immensely on defense.
I don't really see what he would do for us other than make us weaker on defense....similar to Amare last season.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-05-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:32 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Powell can't shoot from midrange so he can't play PF for Rick

Powell has a hard time banging with today's giant centers so everyone complains in the GDTs that he's getting destroyed by bigger centers
Old 02-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I actually thought Powell did quite well against some centers early on. He certainly is big enough for the position even if not ideally strong for it. It hurts the team though that he isn't playing well. Wish they could figure something out with him.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #32
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
I actually thought Powell did quite well against some centers early on. He certainly is big enough for the position even if not ideally strong for it. It hurts the team though that he isn't playing well. Wish they could figure something out with him.
It's simple. Powell is a 4. Play him at 5 and rebounding/defense suffers greatly.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:26 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
It's simple. Powell is a 4. Play him at 5 and rebounding/defense suffers greatly.
He had a great rebounding rate though to start the season. I suppose it was due to the competition, but his best minutes as a Mav were the first 12 games playing center. Take for that what you will. From then on, he fell into a funk.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-05-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:28 AM   #34
10AMGareDuNord
Banned

Quote:
Are you done poking fun of me? Good.

Now compare David Lee NOW (not PRIME Lee) to Najera. Having a harder time being smug? Good.
But...that still makes no sense. Lee NOW is just a lesser version of Prime Lee. Which is, again, good PnR & Post Offense and Passing, and awful defense.

Najera had no offense, no passing skills, and made his name on scrappy D. They're kind of polar opposites...
Old 02-06-2016, 01:24 AM   #35
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Again, pair him with an offensive-oriented center and he'll do well at the 4.
Powell simply isn't a fit in Rick's system.
Rick wants 4 shooters and one guy to clean up the boards and defend the paint so Zaza, Mejri and McGee along with Powell's inability to hit the 3 puts him in more of a situational role than part of the rotation.

If he doesn't start hitting 3s or long jumpers to stretch the floor he might as well keep looking forward to several more DNPs, coach's decision.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:15 PM   #36
yahyes
Banned

Mavs are first team interested in signing Lee now. Go for it!
Old 02-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #37
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Shams Charania: The Dallas Mavericks are significant frontrunners for free agent David Lee, who was waived by Boston, league sources tell The Vertical.
– via Twitter ShamsCharania

Darren Wolfson: Text just now from an #NBA source: “David Lee to Dallas.”
– via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:44 PM   #38
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Celtics fans here— David Lee is done. He can't play any more. He has no lift. He can't play D. He can't finish.

The Celtics didn't start moving up the standings until they benched him.

They benched him for a reason. He's is not good. He is very bad.

All that said, The C's have the Mavs pick this year, so by all means please, take him.

(Next year, Go Mavs!)

Last edited by minkbarn; 02-19-2016 at 05:45 PM.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Good. Not better than Parsons or Dirk, but better than Charlie and may play better than Powell. Now let's see him play 30 min of center a night while McGee and Mejri see DNPs
Old 02-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #40
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkbarn View Post
Celtics fans here— David Lee is done. He can't play any more. He has no lift. He can't play D. He can't finish.

The Celtics didn't start moving up the standings until they benched him.

They benched him for a reason. He's is not good. He is very bad.

All that said, The C's have the Mavs pick this year, so by all means please, take him.

(Next year, Go Mavs!)
I wouldn't see him be inserted big minutes right away. He would have a good situation here. We play Dwight Powell off and on. Depending how well he plays. I can see David Lee try to clean it up if Powell isn't doing much. On spreading the court, I would like to see what Carlisle can do to bring David Lee back to form.