Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-20-2016, 01:06 AM   #81
TheSportyChannel
Banned

TheSportyChannel will become famous soon enoughTheSportyChannel will become famous soon enough

I love VintagePeja cause he speaks the truth. So glad he is my new voice as all the fake mavs fans who have rose colored glasses thinking this team is a championship contender. Oh and I miss Monta Ellis. Scored 27 points today to lead the Pacers a win over the Thunder @ OKC.

Monta Ellis > Wesley 17 million dollar Matthews
TheSportyChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2016, 01:16 AM   #82
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I was hoping the break would help Wes some, not gonna lie... injury or not, I'm a little worried. I won't be full blown worried till next season but for now I'm definitely a little worried.

Also do we know the full story behind the Zaza Parsons exchange? When they showed that second camera angle it looked like Parsons said something like "Set the fu**ing screen!" I didn't record the game so I'll have to wait for the replay to see if the screens were poor.... But I really don't want to watch that game again.

Also x2... Glad CV3 finally hit some 3's but on a scale of 1-10 how worried should we be that he's gonna get more playing time now?
https://mobile.twitter.com/World_Wid...107713/video/1

That is what Parsons said. I thought he was going to kiss Zaza.

If the Mavs pick up Lee or one of the other buyout players, I would think Charlie is gone.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:48 AM   #83
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The sobering fact is that the Mavs just aren't that good. However, that was pretty evident before the season started. Be nice if they all clicked for a big playoff push, but the team isn't nearly there chemistry-wise. It's kinda weird that they seemed to have good chemistry to start the season, and it somehow has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on.
A soft schedule to open the season can be deceptive like that.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 AM   #84
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post

If the Mavs pick up Lee or one of the other buyout players, I would think Charlie is gone.
My guess is that Evans would be the odd man out if we sign Lee and Jenkins would be odd man out if we sign KMart.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #85
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
A soft schedule to open the season can be deceptive like that.
Worst part is that our schedule is soft for the next month -- it's just that we've regressed to the point where we can't even manage to be deceptive anymore.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #86
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
My guess is that Evans would be the odd man out if we sign Lee and Jenkins would be odd man out if we sign KMart.
Based on playing time it's Evans or McGee.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #87
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was hoping the break would help Wes some, not gonna lie... injury or not, I'm a little worried. I won't be full blown worried till next season but for now I'm definitely a little worried.

Also do we know the full story behind the Zaza Parsons exchange? When they showed that second camera angle it looked like Parsons said something like "Set the fu**ing screen!" I didn't record the game so I'll have to wait for the replay to see if the screens were poor.... But I really don't want to watch that game again.

Also x2... Glad CV3 finally hit some 3's but on a scale of 1-10 how worried should we be that he's gonna get more playing time now?
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-maver...ge-was-nothing
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:05 AM   #88
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Mavs' $70 million question: Can Wesley Matthews return to form? http://es.pn/1XDcGt8

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #89
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Worst part is that our schedule is soft for the next month -- it's just that we've regressed to the point where we can't even manage to be deceptive anymore.
I agree the team has regressed. I think maybe dirk is a big part of that. Out the gate he was playing really well. He's come back down to earth and we really miss his shotmaking. Zaza has hit his plateau to where he's getting played too much (he's still great). And Matthews is playing the worst on the team.

I'm over here hoping for the sake of hope that it comes together very soon. Having Lee would be great for the remainder of the season.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #90
Melonhead
Guru

I really don't understand Carlisle playing Dirk and Zaza for 40 minutes each. Even with OT that's flat out too much. Anderson and Mejri combined 6 minutes.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #91
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I really don't understand Carlisle playing Dirk and Zaza for 40 minutes each. Even with OT that's flat out too much. Anderson and Mejri combined 6 minutes.
The Anderson and Powell thing is really starting to irritate me. They only got minutes in the lowly first quarter, but it sure as hell wasn't their fault that the team was down like it was. At some point, coach HAS to trust the young guys! I get that both of these guys aren't even that great, but they aren't anything at all if not played. And they aren't going to learn anything sitting on the bench.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #92
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We have to accept we are mediocre. People want to see Zaza and Dirk.

Young guy development makes us better, but doesn't fill seats. Unfortunately, this is going to be the status quo until Dirk retires.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #93
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportyChannel View Post
I love VintagePeja cause he speaks the truth. So glad he is my new voice as all the fake mavs fans who have rose colored glasses thinking this team is a championship contender. Oh and I miss Monta Ellis. Scored 27 points today to lead the Pacers a win over the Thunder @ OKC.

Monta Ellis > Wesley 17 million dollar Matthews
Wrong board or something? Nobody here has considered Mavs as championship contenders here. You should look up some pre-season threads, there weren't many predicting Mavs would be where they are right now and quite a few people should be surprised Mavs are in the playoff race.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #94
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
We have to accept we are mediocre. People want to see Zaza and Dirk.

Young guy development makes us better, but doesn't fill seats. Unfortunately, this is going to be the status quo until Dirk retires.
Rick doesn't seem to see the big picture and coaches in the NOW. I get that and his concern is getting us to the POs and even positioning us but that tactical strategy comes at a high price, a price we are paying right now by having that same strategy over the past several years while Dirk has slowly eroded as a star.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-20-2016 at 12:00 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:48 AM   #95
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I consider myself one of the bigger supporters of RC and still think he is a top level coach. Having said that my biggest issue right now is the offense, and especially the offense in the 4th quarter. Last season it was monta ball and we lived and died by how well monta could hit a 20 foot mid range pull up. Now the offense is pg1 runs off a screen and wes and CP stand in the corners. Then pg2 does the same thing. Then we sprinkle in a fatigued Dirk post up every now and then. Just seems silly that someone like Parsons, who is playing better than I personally thought he would play, can be red hot from the field and we have him standing in the corner. He had a costly TO in the 4th and then another one in OT. But Dwill, Wes and Dirk all had TO's late in the game and Dwill and Wes both missed bunny layups. Plus Dwill was awful in the 4th IIRC so I can't understand why we continue to do the same thing game after game when it's not working like it did early in the season(perhaps schedule played a big part), especially considering we have a guy who has been red hot for almost 15-20 games it seems like.

The bigger issue as we all know is lack of talent and that has contributed IMO to Dirk shooting so poorly. We have to get enough talent on the roster to allow him to play less than 30mins a game, not play him 40 mins like he seems to have done way too much this season. But just like Crowder's game took the next step when he was allowed to do more than stand in a corner in RC's system I can't help but feel the same can be applied to CP, who finally seems to be playing like we hoped he would. I think RC needs to take a hard look at his system and make a few adjustments. The system is the same system we have always ran with a few tweaks and the roster simply doesn't fit with the system. Dirk is not 2011 Dirk, the 2 man game doesn't have 2011 Jet, and we don't have 2011 TC as a threat in the screen and roll without giving up anything defensively. It's too late to change the system but I would like to think an adjustment could be made to ride the hot hand or run plays that are not so cut and dry as pg comes off screen and throws up a floater while cp and wes stand in the corners. RC preaches ball movement in every post game speech and these plays rarely end up with more than 1 pass before a shot.

The lineups still bother me but I agree the talent level is not there to offer much else, but personally would rather watch Powell and Anderson(I don't think 10-12mins a game should be so impossible to see) make some mistakes now and learn from the experience than see 6-10yr vets make similar mistakes and offer no future upside. IDK how they are contributing to the now when right now we are losing all these games and it seems to be the same story every game.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote