Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-25-2018, 08:47 AM   #401
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koperboy View Post
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/sta...72075702243334

Hi! First time poster, Luka's fan!

I've seen this today, anyone knows what's this about? Is this normal for an NBA practice?
I think they were just messing around, I wouldn't make a big deal about it. If it was a problem I doubt an official Mavs writer would have been allowed to post it.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:53 AM   #402
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

He pushed Darrell Armstrong who is the king of shenanigans if you know him. Guarantee it's all in good fun.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #403
Koperboy

Koperboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for clearing that up! I got worried fame got into his head...
Koperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #404
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He pushed Darrell Armstrong who is the king of shenanigans if you know him. Guarantee it's all in good fun.
I remember three years ago when DA pushed Dirk out of position multiple times so he could get up shots. It was funny because Dirk was actually practicing as a player and DA was just a coach looking to get shots up at the end of practice.

I'd bet the video has to do with that. DA probably shoved Doncic out of the way to get up shots and Doncic is returning the favor.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-25-2018 at 12:18 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #405
Luka Petric

Luka Petric will become famous soon enoughLuka Petric will become famous soon enough
Default Doncic audio documentary

Hi,

Not sure is this is the right place to post this, hope it's ok and doesn't break any rules. Wanted to start a new thread, but I couldn't.

My name is Luka Petric. I work for Radio Slovenija, Slovenia's national radio broadcaster. We have just finished an audio documentary about Luka Doncic in English and I thought you might be interested in it.

Luka Doncic: Becoming Wonderboy is about how Doncic became Europe's hottest basketball prospect. From his first training and his move abroad to Madrid to becoming a double European Champion and winning MVP honours in the regular season and Final Four of the Euroleague, the stories of his life as told by him, his friends and family, his former coaches and teammates. It also has a bit about how he watched the Mavericks as a young kid at a tournament in Serbia and was punished with his team because they stayed up so late to watch Dallas and Dirk Nowitzki play.

The documentary is available on Youtube, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfWqQXZJyTw&t=34s and also through Apple and Google podcast providers. Hope you like it.

Best of luck in the new season,
Luka
Luka Petric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #406
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka Petric View Post
Hi,

Not sure is this is the right place to post this, hope it's ok and doesn't break any rules. Wanted to start a new thread, but I couldn't.

My name is Luka Petric. I work for Radio Slovenija, Slovenia's national radio broadcaster. We have just finished an audio documentary about Luka Doncic in English and I thought you might be interested in it.

Luka Doncic: Becoming Wonderboy is about how Doncic became Europe's hottest basketball prospect. From his first training and his move abroad to Madrid to becoming a double European Champion and winning MVP honours in the regular season and Final Four of the Euroleague, the stories of his life as told by him, his friends and family, his former coaches and teammates. It also has a bit about how he watched the Mavericks as a young kid at a tournament in Serbia and was punished with his team because they stayed up so late to watch Dallas and Dirk Nowitzki play.

The documentary is available on Youtube, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfWqQXZJyTw&t=34s and also through Apple and Google podcast providers. Hope you like it.

Luka
Welcome and great first post.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #407
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka Petric View Post
Hi,

Luka
Wow, great stuff... Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the board!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #408
Luka's Mom

Luka's Mom is on a distinguished road

Based on how Carlisle has been using Luka, I don't think he'll average more than 5 assists per game in his rookie season. But I think it's fine. It seems that his rebounding will exceed expectations. If I had to guess, I think his averages will be:

16.5 ppg (43% FG, 35% 3PT, 75% FT)
7.0 rpg
4.0 apg
1.5 spg

Last edited by Luka's Mom; 10-21-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Luka's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #409
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka's Mom View Post
Based on how Carlisle has been using Luka, I don't think he'll average more than 5 assists per game in his rookie season. But I think it's fine. It seems that his rebounding will exceed expectations. If I had to guess, I think his averages will be:

16.5 ppg (43% FG, 35% 3PT, 75% FT)
7.0 rpg
4.0 apg
1.5 spg
I think eventually his assists will pick up. Part of the development process is learning the finer points of the game, this is where inconsistency will rear it's ugly face, but it's to be expected. Luka has a nose for the ball and he rarely puts his head down. He helps the team in several aspects of the game, his shooting, teams will start to respect that part of his game, once that happens, he will draw flying defenders to create a 4 on 5, he will have several choices, pass shoot, etc., all part of the development of his IQ. He's already advanced for his age, he will have the rookie wall to climb, but given the tools he has, he'll fly over it, whether it's rebounding, defending, he will find a way to effect the game if the shot isn't falling.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #410
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

4 apg would be a failure in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #411
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I really hope his post all star break apg starts getting in the 8-10 range.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #412
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you so concerned about assists? I'm actually quite happy with his scoring. He is still a great playmaker regardless of the pure numbers.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #413
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Last edited by turin; 10-23-2018 at 12:52 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #414
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Because I expect him to be a player that makes his team better. The league is full of players than can score. The great players make their team better. I don't see Doncic as being a great scorer and putting up numbers like Dirk. But I do see him pushing close to 20 while getting a ton of assists and decent rebounds.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #415
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Because I expect him to be a player that makes his team better. The league is full of players than can score. The great players make their team better. I don't see Doncic as being a great scorer and putting up numbers like Dirk. But I do see him pushing close to 20 while getting a ton of assists and decent rebounds.
Idk man, I think he can put up numbers just like Dirk but way more assists will be involved. He has a complete set of tools that make him hard to handle, even for elite athletes. He already has a jumpstart on Dirks career at this point.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #416
MavzMan
Golden Member

Dirk was a scoring machine whose efficiency is near top in NBA history and anyone that watched him seriously expected every single shot of his to go in. I just don't see that in Doncic. That's not to say that Doncic could evolve into one of the greatest but I see him more of a Magic Johnson rather than Kobe.

But anyway, it's three games into his NBA career and the dude is 19 years old. He could be a completely different player in 5 years, so who knows. All we can say is that he looks like he could be a legit franchise player and great pick at #3.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #417
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

It would be a lot easier for him to have more assists if the players around him could shoot the basketball a bit better. Hopefully DSJ picks it up a bit and hopefully Barnes helps too. He's definitely finding good looks for shooters - just not always falling.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:03 PM   #418
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Luka's assists will probably go up when Dirk returns....maybe when Barnes does too.

Not sure having several ball-handlers on the court at the same time is conducive to high assist stats (however I could be wrong).
If Wes was more content on a limited role it would help as well.

Last edited by rimrocker; 10-23-2018 at 08:04 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #419
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas’s Love Affair With Luka Doncic Has Already Begun
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #420
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
“I don’t give Luka any advice,” Matthews told me in the locker room after the game on Saturday. “He just plays basketball. He’s been a professional since he was 11 years old.

Well at least Wes is getting one thing right...

Old 10-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #421
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

White Mavs Can Jump

https://youtu.be/evbtV55hoEg
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:58 AM   #422
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Luka Doncic shows the underappreciated importance of the ‘last step’
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/10/24/...kie-film-moves
Quote:
But the difference between Doncic and other players that do have elite first steps is Doncic actually takes the term literally. Like a boxer that sets up his opponents with jabs before delivering the killer blow, Doncic uses the first step to get himself in position to drop his version of a right hook. Let’s call it his last step

Last edited by Underdog; 10-25-2018 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:09 AM   #423
Offroad

Offroad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Incredible. One month in Dallas and he is under such a strong microscope... Hope that MAVS will build security wall around this teen guy, that his only preoccupation will remain basketball.

Respect also to Jonathan Tjarks. He really done his homework!

Last edited by Offroad; 10-25-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #424
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I really think his low assists per game is due to the team around him. He has made some great passes to guys and they end up not shooting when they should or they miss the shot completely. The guy should touch the ball on most possessions. I don't know how many times the team runs up the court and either DSJ or Wes pound the rock then don't pass the ball and end up shooting a brick. I wonder what the team assist numbers are as far as the mavericks are compared to the rest of the league. It seems that this years team doesn't move the ball around nearly as well as last years.

Last edited by oilfieldtrash; 10-25-2018 at 02:37 PM.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #425
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I really think his low assists per game is due to the team around him. He has made some great passes to guys and they end up not shooting when they should or they miss the shot completely. The guy should touch the ball on most possessions. I don't know how many times the team runs up the court and either DSJ or Wes pound the rock then don't pass the ball and end up shooting a brick. I wonder what the team assist numbers are as far as the mavericks are compared to the rest of the league. It seems that this years team doesn't move the ball around nearly as well as last years.
The ball movement is terrible. Rick needs to fix it, and the defensive intensity issues, asap.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:37 PM   #426
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

They're actually 5th in the league atm at 26.8 assists per game up from 19th last season at 22.7 per game. However, they're also putting up way more shots than last season and they're only making just under 43% of them. I don't think Dennis deserves much of the blame for Luka not getting touches. His attempts and USG% are actually lower than last season (and lower than Luka's). If anything I think the offense isn't running enough plays for Dennis.

Wes on the other hand has added an eye-watering 5.2 shot attempts from last season. I guess he really thinks he needs to take responsibility for Barnes absence.

Last edited by Fragism; 10-25-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #427
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Your perception does not line up with the numbers...

- Mavs are #5 in the league with 26.8 assists per game.

- JJ Barea is #5 overall (8.5 APG) and #1 overall in AST% (58.6).

- Dennis Smith Jr is #35 overall (5.0 APG) and #55 overall in AST% (25.3).

- Luka Doncic is #55 overall (3.8 APG) and #118 overall in AST% (16.0).

- Wesley Matthews is #77 overall (3.3 APG) and #146 overall in AST% (14.0).

And from what I've seen, the Mavs almost move to ball TOO MUCH... There were a few instances last night where guys passed up a good look to make the extra pass. Which, in my opinion, is an okay problem to have with such a young team -- at least they're willing to move the ball around.

If anything, Luka's assist numbers aren't higher because we're asking him to carry the scoring load, and he's willing to do that.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-25-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #428
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Your perception does not line up with the numbers...

- Mavs are #5 in the league with 26.8 assists per game.

- JJ Barea is #5 overall (8.5 APG) and #1 overall in AST% (58.6).

- Dennis Smith Jr is #35 overall (5.0 APG) and #55 overall in AST% (25.3).

- Luka Doncic is #55 overall (3.8 APG) and #118 overall in AST% (16.0).

- Wesley Matthews is #77 overall (3.3 APG) and #146 overall in AST% (14.0).

And from what I've seen, the Mavs almost move to ball TOO MUCH... There were a few instances last night where guys passed up a good look to make the extra pass. Which, in my opinion, is an okay problem to have with such a young team -- at least they're willing to move the ball around.

If anything, Luka's assist numbers aren't higher because we're asking him to carry the scoring load, and he's willing to do that.
There are definitely times that they have not taken an open shot when they should have, no excuses. There are also times that they have had defenses scrambling and they kept moving the ball in Hope's of a more open shot when they should have just shot. It's understandable that having defenses scattering all over to help that they keep it moving until they find the best opportunity to score but sometimes the scramble defensively catches up or ends up in the right place.

I dont think they move it too much. Imo they (wes barea and dsj) have not moved it enough at crucial times and settle for a bad jumper early in the possession.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:32 PM   #429
Underdog

@AndrewDBailey: Luka Doncic has 98 points, 31 rebounds, 19 assists and four steals in his first five NBA games.

The only other rookie in NBA history to hit all four of those marks in his first five games? Magic Johnson in 1979.

Old 10-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #430
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
@AndrewDBailey: Luka Doncic has 98 points, 31 rebounds, 19 assists and four steals in his first five NBA games.

The only other rookie in NBA history to hit all four of those marks in his first five games? Magic Johnson in 1979.
Niceee
Old 10-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #431
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Very cool.

Now the Mavs need to improve to make that pick mediocre for Atlanta or get really bad so it's a top 5 pick.

Won't do much good to get a young star if the Mavs can't put anything around him. Losing that pick next season could really hurt. Even worse that the Mavs had to give it up to pick where they should have been picking the whole time. Here's hoping we don't have to hope the lottery gets the Mavs into the top 5 because we know how that works out for them.
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:34 PM   #432
SMC0007
Guru

I didnt expect Luka to be our leading scorer. 20ppg is impressive. Hopefully he can boost his assists

Old 10-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #433
Luka's Mom

Luka's Mom is on a distinguished road

Time to fire up the Official Luka is Great thread.
Luka's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #434
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
By all means, start it...

Old 10-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #435
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I think it's overdue, honestly.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #436
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

#3 is about Luka

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...damian-lillard
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #437
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Nice.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #438
Underdog

Top rookie rebounders so far:

1) DeAndre Ayton (10.0 RPG)
2) Marvin Bagley III (6.9 RPG)
3) Wendell Carter (6.3 RPG)
3) Luka Doncic (6.3 RPG)
4) Mo Bamba (5.4 RPG)

One of these things is not like the others... I mean, I knew the kid would be a better-than-average rebounder, but no way in hell I thought he'd be hanging a bunch of centers who are known for their boards. Like, I'd be absolutely pissed to see this stat if we ended up drafting Mo.

Top rookie assists so far:

1) Trae Young (7.0 APG)
2) Luka Doncic (4.4 APG)
3) Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (3.4 APG)
4) DeAndre Ayton (3.3 APG)
5) Elie Okobo (3.0 APG)

Not surprised to see Luka here, but I certainly wasn't expecting to see Ayton so high up on the list.

Top rookie scorers so far:

1) Luka Doncic (19.6 PPG)
2) Trae Young (18.5 PPG)
3) DeAndre Ayton (16.9 PPG)
4) Marvin Bagley III (13.0 PPG)
5) Collin Sexton (12.0 PPG)

No surprises here either, but I am impressed to see him top so many score-first guys.

Top rookie steals so far:

1)Josh Okogie (1.7 SPG)
2) Jaren Jackson Jr (1.2 SPG)
3) Mikal Bridges (1.1 SPG)
4) Luka Doncic (0.9 SPG)
4) Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (0.9 SPG)

For a kid whose defense was never a selling point, it's refreshing to see Doncic hanging with guys who we knew would be tearing up the defensive end.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-02-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #439
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Top rookie rebounders so far:

1) DeAndre Ayton (10.0 RPG)
2) Marvin Bagley III (6.9 RPG)
3) Wendell Carter (6.3 RPG)
3) Luka Doncic (6.3 RPG)
4) Mo Bamba (5.4 RPG)

One of these things is not like the others... I mean, I knew the kid would be a better-than-average rebounder, but no way in hell I thought he'd be hanging a bunch of centers who are known for their boards. Like, I'd be absolutely pissed to see this stat if we ended up drafting Mo.

Top rookie assists so far:

1) Trae Young (7.0 APG)
2) Luka Doncic (4.4 APG)
3) Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (3.4 APG)
4) DeAndre Ayton (3.3 APG)
5) Elie Okobo (3.0 APG)

Not surprised to see Luka here, but I certainly wasn't expecting to see Ayton so high up on the list.

Top rookie scorers so far:

1) Luka Doncic (19.6 PPG)
2) Trae Young (18.5 PPG)
3) DeAndre Ayton (16.9 PPG)
4) Marvin Bagley III (13.0 PPG)
5) Collin Sexton (12.0 PPG)

No surprises here either, but I am impressed to see him top so many score-first guys.

Top rookie steals so far:

1)Josh Okogie (1.7 SPG)
2) Jaren Jackson Jr (1.2 SPG)
3) Mikal Bridges (1.1 SPG)
4) Luka Doncic (0.9 SPG)
4) Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (0.9 SPG)

For a kid whose defense was never a selling point, it's refreshing to see Doncic hanging with guys who we knew would be tearing up the defensive end.
Lukas stats look tasty.

I'd be pissed if mo was only getting like 24 mins per game too.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #440
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orwards#slide1

Quote:
Among the up-and-coming point forwards to follow Ben Simmons, Luka Doncic is next in line.

He's already here, averaging 19.4 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.6 assists through his first seven NBA games.

Despite numbers that suggest his scoring is ahead of his distributing, a key selling point of Doncic's potential has always been his facilitating. From Europe to Dallas, he's been interchangeable between point guard and either forward spot thanks to crafty ball-handling, passing skills and 6'7", 218-pound size.

We'd be seeing more of Doncic running Dallas' offense if Dennis Smith Jr. didn't already have the job. Only six players have longer times of possession than Smith (6.1 minutes). Doncic is still averaging more potential assists (9.4 to Smith's 8.7), doing so in just over half as many minutes (3.6) working on the ball.

He has an unteachable feel for manipulating defenses with hesitation and quick change of direction. Once he begins to get comfortable and start making reads, running a pick-and-roll for Doncic will be a safe way to create a high-percentage shot.

His ability to grab a defensive rebound and start the break will also become a regular occurrence the way it has for Simmons.

Through October, no issues have popped up about Doncic's transition from overseas to the NBA—only more confirmation that the EuroLeague MVP's game translates.
Jordan might have something to say about that second bold point.... At least for this year.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote