Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 1 33.33%
Mavs win by 10-19 1 33.33%
Mavs win by 1-9 1 33.33%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2021, 12:14 AM   #41
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Since offensive variability (deviation from the pack) is greater than defensive variability there is literally no way a player can make up total impact purely from defense unless they are hands down the best defensive player in the league and even then there total impact would be that of a league average defender than can play good offense. Green simply doesn't have discernable offensive skills. He is and will be a bust.
Agree with the general premise that offense carries more weight in this era of NBA ball. But Green does have discernible offensive skills. He’s already a better ball handler/passer than, say, Jae Crowder. He’s probably a better rebounder too. He will eventually be a better defender. He just needs to develop a 3 point shot that he hits around 35-38% of the time to be one of the super valuable 3/D guys that are so coveted. He’s still 20 yrs old. Siakam shot 22% from 3 on like 130 something attempts in his second year in the league at age 24. Good thing Toronto didn’t give up on him!

I’m not saying that I have any special foreknowledge that Green won’t be a bust. Averages say it’s more likely he will bust so it’s not exactly going out on a limb to say so. But he isn’t a bust yet. I would’ve have preferred Bey or Maxey or Precious. But Green still has plenty of upside and I hope he gets a shot here. We need more athletes and cheap young players.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links