Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 1 11.11%
Mavs win by 1-9 5 55.56%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: game 1 - Mavs (0-0) at Hawks (0-0) 6:30pm TNT

Mavs start the season with a classic clash of the draft stars. Young v. Doncic

Hawks are favored (-4 66% chance of winning), so let's ruin some gambler's days.

According to scouting reports, Mavs have no injured players. Hawks will be missing Gallo.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Pumped for the season to start! I’m excited to see how different they play with a new coaching staff in place, and we got some new guys that look like they will get plenty of playing time. Also looking forward to seeing how they utilize KP. I’m still terrified everytime I see him drive to the hoop and dunk the ball. Always afraid those flamingo legs of his are going to bend a weird direction when he lands.

Still going to have the same issue as last year watching games though I’m afraid.

I bought an Amazon Firestick. Anyone have any tips/apps to use to allow me to watch games in there?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Pumped for the season to start! I’m excited to see how different they play with a new coaching staff in place, and we got some new guys that look like they will get plenty of playing time. Also looking forward to seeing how they utilize KP. I’m still terrified everytime I see him drive to the hoop and dunk the ball. Always afraid those flamingo legs of his are going to bend a weird direction when he lands.

Still going to have the same issue as last year watching games though I’m afraid.

I bought an Amazon Firestick. Anyone have any tips/apps to use to allow me to watch games in there?
TNT app is absolute @$Q#$. Test it before the game because TNT on Fire Stick last year showed video but no audio. If you are okay with that and have a login, then it's fine. I sometimes just do the TNT video and then get the Mavs radio streamed on my phone. Maybe they fixed it.

Other than that, I'd love some advice. I hear there are some good streaming sites that are pass-throughs of the Reddit/NBAStreams sites but without all the popups and ads.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-21-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

I wish there would be a nice link...
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #5
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
TNT app is absolute @$Q#$. Test it before the game because TNT on Fire Stick last year showed video but no audio. If you are okay with that and have a login, then it's fine. I sometimes just do the TNT video and then get the Mavs radio streamed on my phone. Maybe they fixed it.

Other than that, I'd love some advice. I hear there are some good streaming sites that are pass-throughs of the Reddit/NBAStreams sites but without all the popups and ads.
I’ll have no problems with nationally televised games (assuming they aren’t blacked out) because I can get TNT and espn. I more concerned with games only shown on Bally Sports because I don’t have that channel. I’m hoping to avoid the Reddit route this year and all the pop ups if possible.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:12 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are going to mash tonight.

What a fn Sht show Cuban and the NBA has going with the broadcast situation right now. I'd like to punch him in the mouth just in principle because of this lol. Even though I am able to watch it, I still feel like he hasn't done enough regarding this and he spends 95% more of his time on a stupid ass Covid war on Twitter than even addressing the broadcast failure. Imo, it's be enough failure to be online apologizing every day. That's the only way I'd feel better about.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:22 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Mavs are going to mash tonight.

What a fn Sht show Cuban and the NBA has going with the broadcast situation right now. I'd like to punch him in the mouth just in principle because of this lol. Even though I am able to watch it, I still feel like he hasn't done enough regarding this and he spends 95% more of his time on a stupid ass Covid war on Twitter than even addressing the broadcast failure. Imo, it's be enough failure to be online apologizing every day. That's the only way I'd feel better about.
Even the fire stick was finicky last night. I had to copy and paste the link to my computer because it wasn't working lol. But hey, it worked on the computer.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:06 PM   #8
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I got mavs +2 let’s do it boys

My Kidd opinions aside, most excited I’ve been for a Mavs start since the Dirk Parsons Ellis seasons
Old 10-21-2021, 06:07 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I got mavs +2 let’s do it boys

My Kidd opinions aside, most excited I’ve been for a Mavs start since the Dirk Parsons Ellis seasons

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-21-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I like the defense
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #11
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Normally we get blown out when our offense is sputtering
Old 10-21-2021, 06:58 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

Mavs shoot 28% for the quarter and are only down by 2

Last edited by MFFL; 10-21-2021 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:58 PM   #13
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Wow I actually saw a post up attempt by Kleber

Now he didn't get the ball but that was quite surprising.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #14
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

1) We need to play Bullock with Luka.

2) We need to not play Brunson with Luka this much. Luka isn't an "off-ball" player. The only time Brunson should play with Luka this much is if Luka is consistently getting double teamed.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:09 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

WIP
Old 10-21-2021, 07:18 PM   #16
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Powell got bullied by Clint
Old 10-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We’ll this sucks
Old 10-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #18
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Growing pains have started
Old 10-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #19
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Carlisle must have told Kidd that Powell will be 10x's better this year if you keep him as a starter LOL

Last edited by Dallas41; 10-21-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #20
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

This is gross.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #21
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta looks like a team… We look pretty much the same as last year. Without a pick and roll partner for Luka who can actually finish at the rim we will never be true contenders.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Doncic just getting bullied. Didn’t even jump into his man and got thrashed on that three with no call
Old 10-21-2021, 07:30 PM   #23
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

That was a very un-Luka half.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:31 PM   #24
Melonhead
Guru

Hey it could be worse. At least they got back on the fast break and prevented an easy layup at the buzzer
Old 10-21-2021, 07:54 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This is unwatchable
Old 10-21-2021, 07:54 PM   #26
tap2390
Diamond Member

lol Powell is fucking horrible...
Old 10-21-2021, 07:55 PM   #27
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of light

Early days but I'm concerned about Kidd now
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:55 PM   #28
BPo001
Diamond Member

Glad our big off-season signing (Bullock) is keeping the bench warm.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:56 PM   #29
tap2390
Diamond Member

Atlanta's team is so much better around young than ours is around Luka.. Hunter, Capela, Collins would all immediately be our 2nd best player
Old 10-21-2021, 08:01 PM   #30
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

We were saving our live and die by 3 until reg season. Luls.

Sterling and Bullock were trash.

Luka has to get going.

We started strong but then all the sudden became hesitant. Over penetrating and forcing bad lobs, taking bad 3s and getting lost and losing focus defensively.

All on the players, nothing I see has to do with the staff.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:04 PM   #31
tap2390
Diamond Member

No roll men who can finish at the rim, no interior defensive presence, no two way wing players that do anything other than jack up threes
Old 10-21-2021, 08:10 PM   #32
tap2390
Diamond Member

I'm done here, wake me up when Luka signs with the Lakers
Old 10-21-2021, 08:14 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Glad our big off-season signing (Bullock) is keeping the bench warm.
His son just died, didn’t he? I’m not sure if he worth beans a week after losing my family.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:16 PM   #34
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Welp it's good to see that we solved that need for a secondary ball handler this offseason

SIKE
Old 10-21-2021, 08:19 PM   #35
Melonhead
Guru

Can’t believe I’m not even bothering to finish the opening night game.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:22 PM   #36
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I was just playing with NBA Trade Machine.

Not like this trade makes any sense, but it gets approved, and Mavs gain 23 wins!

Mavs get: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, and Isaiah Jackson
76ers get: Kristaps Porzingis and Jalen Brunson
Pacers get: Trey Burke
Old 10-21-2021, 08:25 PM   #37
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Can’t believe I’m not even bothering to finish the opening night game.
I had a feeling that we'd get owned by the Hawks. I should have taken this $500 bet. Someone wanted to bet me that the Mavericks would win. I didn't want to go against the Mavericks though. lmao
Old 10-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
His son just died, didn’t he? I’m not sure if he worth beans a week after losing my family.
Wut?

Old 10-21-2021, 08:28 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when watching the Mavs was fun?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:35 PM   #40
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Hollinger
“Finally the league has a coach who can shut down Luka Doncic”