Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 1 11.11%
Mavs win by 1-9 5 55.56%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2021, 10:21 AM   #81
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Luka vs Trae is only a debate for Hawks fans and that retarded simpleton Rashad Philips. Everyone else knows Luka has a more complete game at a better size.

I keep reiterating this, but the biggest difference between our record setting offense and this one is that we no longer have an above average roll man. Powell’s game is a fraction of what it was.

Collins and Capela combined for 28 points on 17 shots and 22 rebounds.

Porzingis, Powell, and WCS combined for 17 points on 22 shots and 15 rebounds.

We need an actual f’in big man. That’s why I wanted Richaun Holmes who dropped 21 & 11 opening night. We are a soft ass squad with charmin ultra bigs.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:40 AM   #82
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Luka vs Trae is only a debate for Hawks fans and that retarded simpleton Rashad Philips. Everyone else knows Luka has a more complete game at a better size.

I keep reiterating this, but the biggest difference between our record setting offense and this one is that we no longer have an above average roll man. Powell’s game is a fraction of what it was.

Collins and Capela combined for 28 points on 17 shots and 22 rebounds.

Porzingis, Powell, and WCS combined for 17 points on 22 shots and 15 rebounds.

We need an actual f’in big man. That’s why I wanted Richaun Holmes who dropped 21 & 11 opening night. We are a soft ass squad with charmin ultra bigs.
The perfect offseason for Dallas which I stated way back at the start of FA was if they somehow came away with DeRozan and Holmes.

When you watch that game yesterday the things they are trying to do on offense now under Kidd seems tailored made for DeRozan's game.

Which is why I was really upset they didn't go all in on him as opposed to THJ.

Holmes would have been the icing on the cake

Holmes
KP
DFS
Derozan
Luka

That fits perfect with the way they are trying to now play

It doesn't matter now but you can't help but think these past few drafts and off season's by the Mavs have been a total letdown

Last edited by Dallas41; 10-22-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #83
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I will give Kidd a chance, but our player management has been nothing short of abysmal since the 2018 draft. Hindsight is 20/20 with regards to Porzingis. Whiffing on Green, Terry, AND Bey is inexcusable. Doing the same old thing with soft bigs and one dimensional 3&D wings is inexcusable.

Let’s see how the team is playing at the end of the season, but we need a hard look in the mirror.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #84
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I didn't get to watch the game until this morning, but boy, what a bunch o negative Nancys on here after one game for a team with a new coach, a new offense and a new defense, against a team with more talent that made no siginificant changes after going to the conference finals.

I expected the debate here to be about how the Hawks got the best deal in the Luka trade, since they got 2 lottery players. I was going to defend the trade, since the Mavs would have never taken Trey, since they thought had their point guard of the future in Dennis Smith Jr...who is hanging on by a thread in Portland. We'd have ended up with Jared Jackson or Mo Bamba, and a very high lottery pick in 2020.

Hey. Its one game, and the Mavs are trying to do a lot of new things. I'd give them more than a minute before throwing in the towel. This season depends on what KP does, and this night he moved well and blocked some shots and altered several more...unicorn type moves, just not enough of them...yet.
Why would the debate be about something that has long been settled? Just to help you out, the Mavs won that trade. We just witnessed the ball being taken out of the best player’s hands, and it didn’t work. Luka’s usage rate was just halved, and the offense couldn’t break 90. That’s the debate.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #85
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Does Powell have some crazy condition in his contract, stating that he must start so many games? Almost seems that way to me.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #86
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Does Powell have some crazy condition in his contract, stating that he must start so many games? Almost seems that way to me.
Our three best players voted for him to start, so we're up against it I'm afraid.

I'm fine with some early growing pains, but we can't get blown out like that again.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:50 PM   #87
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Our three best players voted for him to start, so we're up against it I'm afraid.

I'm fine with some early growing pains, but we can't get blown out like that again.
We can't? Good teams get blown out all the time. Bucks lost by near 40 in their first game.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:36 PM   #88
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Why would the debate be about something that has long been settled? Just to help you out, the Mavs won that trade. We just witnessed the ball being taken out of the best player’s hands, and it didn’t work. Luka’s usage rate was just halved, and the offense couldn’t break 90. That’s the debate.
Trash coaching, Luka needs the ball every minute he is in the game, he is the decision maker. Not sure why Kidd doesn't see it, given his HOF play in the game. The best strategy during his day was for the ball to be in his hand.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:47 PM   #89
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea. I don't think Luka looks out of shape. It looked like he had a good defender really keyed in on him while he was faced with 2 7 footers waiting on him in the paint with long wingspan. He made some real bad decisions trying to force lobs. (Not) Shockingly guys couldn't hit open looks either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we gave THJ a raise and extension, doesn't that mean he should be any closer to a usable defender and maybe improved handles where he could provide something extra? Or does throwing money at a guy well into his career NOT mean he is going to be what you actually need on the roster all the sudden?

Maxi, DP are borderline useless still? Neither can rebound or defend the PnR?

Bullock and Brown were brought in to help the garbage defense and somehow we get worse and those 2 were involved in about 4 absolutely terrible possessions.

Luka...he gets a free pass.

We went completely limp after they scored a few consecutive buckets. Every aspect fell apart. That is players being mentally weak. When you have the same guys who can't handle adversity well, you can't expect much different results.

It's game 1 and we were gonna lose this one against any team in the league with what we did tonight. Probably even lose against 3 WNBA teams and some college teams. I expect a better effort effort better result next game.
Spacing! They shouldn't be able to keep two 7 footers in the paint
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:51 PM   #90
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Must spread rep.

I guess I was just overly hyped for this game after the fun they had in the preseason. They just looked scared and hesitant.

But, stepping back, it is 100% expected that we'd struggle in this game. We'll look really good against bad defenses, but a new offense will struggle against what was the 2nd best defense in the league that only got better in the offseason.

This experiment may fail in the end, but we won't know until ASB at the earliest.
Yup on all of it.

Definitely looked hesitant after they scored consecutively and tied us at 10-10. As it went along it just got worse. They have been burned in big moments and that takes a toll. Last night was also another big moment even though it was 1 of 81 games. They had the pressure of a smoking preseason preseason renewed vibes and better chemistry. They knew it was Kidd and the 37 coaches debut here too. It really a lot to live up to.

We aren't going to be able to have any credibility to claim it's a fail for a cpl months.

It's really on the players for laying that egg though IMO. There were plenty of missed open shots that would have kept it closer we just didn't play well. When Luka and KP both sht the bed the team is gonna get blasted.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:58 PM   #91
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The perfect offseason for Dallas which I stated way back at the start of FA was if they somehow came away with DeRozan and Holmes.

When you watch that game yesterday the things they are trying to do on offense now under Kidd seems tailored made for DeRozan's game.

Holmes
KP
DFS
Derozan
Luka

It doesn't matter now but you can't help but think these past few drafts and off season's by the Mavs have been a total letdown
Your correct but that is a suboptimal way to play basketball. Mid range shots will always be less efficient than a layup or uncontested 3
Old 10-22-2021, 04:59 PM   #92
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Trash coaching, Luka needs the ball every minute he is in the game, he is the decision maker. Not sure why Kidd doesn't see it, given his HOF play in the game. The best strategy during his day was for the ball to be in his hand.
Best take of the day and spot on.. This desire to take the ball out of Luka's hands when no other player has discernible basketball skills is laughable
Old 10-22-2021, 05:00 PM   #93
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Spacing! They shouldn't be able to keep two 7 footers in the paint
Sure but you can't have spacing when our guys are throwing bricks. DP hit 3s in preseason, but teams are going to make him prove it. His screens are better than KPs but he fumbled the ball away twice on rolls and Luka botched a few pass attempts that shouldn't have even been thrown toward the basket.

It's not like they were just literally sitting in the paint. They defended the PnR really well and collapsed with great timing. On top of that Luka was ballsack.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #94
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Your correct but that is a suboptimal way to play basketball. Mid range shots will always be less efficient than a layup or uncontested 3
It was far from suboptimal in the recent years playoffs. That's where the gold is because spacing isn't easy when teams key in on 1 team for a playoff series.

Lay ups are definitely great but threes are fools gold in the POs unless you are GSW with good team defense, 3 guys who are 2 way players and 2 deadly perimeter shooters.

Old 10-22-2021, 06:13 PM   #95
Zeus

Quote:

Holmes
KP
DFS
Derozan
Luka

I am afraid the Luka era Mavs might never recover from the Danny Green 2019 offseason and the 2020 botched Saddiq Bey, Desmond Bane, Tyrese Maxey draft. Josh Green doesn't appear to be able to play
Old 10-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #96
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see the game but am wondering if Kidd went overboard to get KP involved.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:32 PM   #97
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Interesting that the Mavs never went after Spencer Diwiddie either
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:35 PM   #98
Zeus

Quote:
Interesting that the Mavs never went after Spencer Diwiddie either
Not sure Cuban ever completely got operation dry powder totally out of his mind. Mid level people never seemed to interest him since 2011.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:51 PM   #99
Zeus

In case you haven't seen this, here is a link to the absolutely fantastic breakdown and analysis of Kidd's horrific offensive scheme by Josh Bowe of Mavs Moneyball. Great examples of the ridiculous spacing

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/1...-season-opener
Old 10-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #100
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

It’s easy to talk shit when you’re a couch coach.

Fact is that we looked like ass against a top 3 defense in the league. No science or dep dive needed. Their defense made us look stupid.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:17 AM   #101
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Fact is that we looked like ass against a top 3 defense in the league. No science or dep dive needed. Their defense made us look stupid.
Absolutely fantastic breakdown EL. We lost one game against a really good team where our best players played like ass. Our whole team played bad.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #102
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You have to be at least a little concerned, no? That was a distressing offensive performance. Kidd was beyond slow to make any adjustments— he didn’t even make any.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #103
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Absolutely fantastic breakdown EL. We lost one game against a really good team where our best players played like ass. Our whole team played bad.
A scheme with no hand off screens and zero spacing might be highly correlated to our best players playing like ass.. but who knows. I guess if there is no solution to looking decent against good defenses we might as well just plan on about 41 and 41.

Last edited by Zeus; 10-23-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #104
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I’m back on team “play KP as small ball Center, pump up his stats for the first two months of the season and SELL for 60 cents on the dollar.” Even if he goes off and looks like an All-Star over the next months- which I hope he does. He’s one injury away from being an untraceable albatross and now our all time great 22 year old is ceding touches to the stiff. He just doesn’t have “it”.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:19 PM   #105
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m back on team “play KP as small ball Center, pump up his stats for the first two months of the season and SELL for 60 cents on the dollar.” Even if he goes off and looks like an All-Star over the next months- which I hope he does. He’s one injury away from being an untraceable albatross and now our all time great 22 year old is ceding touches to the stiff. He just doesn’t have “it”.
Now THIS is overkill. But you might be right about him playing center.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:28 PM   #106
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
You bring up a good point. It appears J-Kidd's strategy is to have Luka cede shots to a bevy of guys that shouldn't really be playing regularly in the NBA. But it is early. Given enough time, a strategy which takes the ball out of a generational talent's hands regularly for sub replacement level players to get more involved coupled with crowded spacing and a preference for contested mid range shots should pay dividends down the road as Luka could use a lottery pick this upcoming draft... Wait did we trade this year's 1st round pick for Porzingis? I don't recall.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #107
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

Who's gonna start today's GDT?
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:15 AM   #108
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Why would the debate be about something that has long been settled? Just to help you out, the Mavs won that trade.
The Mavs got the best player, but the Hawks got 2. We gave them the draft pick that yielded Cam Reddish. Add Cam to Trey and you may have more value than Luka alone.

From ESPN: In four games in the last playoffs, Reddish shot 9-of-14 from 3-point range and averaged 12.5 points per game. To start this season, the third-year player is 6-for-9 from deep in two games and is averaging 19.5 points a night.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:18 AM   #109
tap2390
Diamond Member

A dime and a nickel don’t add up to a quarter.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #110
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Not to disparage anyone, but...

I would not trade LeBron James or Michael Jordan for Allen Iverson and Ron Artest

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-25-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:57 PM   #111
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not to disparage anyone, but...

I would not trade LeBron James or Michael Jordan for Allen Iverson and Ron Artest
Good point. Although I suspect Trey Young is a lot more Steph Curry than Allen Iverson. And Cam Reddish has yet to show any signs of insanity.

Last edited by G-Man; 10-26-2021 at 08:28 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:22 PM   #112
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
The Mavs got the best player, but the Hawks got 2. We gave them the draft pick that yielded Cam Reddish. Add Cam to Trey and you may have more value than Luka alone.

From ESPN: In four games in the last playoffs, Reddish shot 9-of-14 from 3-point range and averaged 12.5 points per game. To start this season, the third-year player is 6-for-9 from deep in two games and is averaging 19.5 points a night.
No. Cam has not shown for any extended period that he is anything more than a replacement level player. You can't add the two together and say that is the comparison to Luka. It's not like the Mavs will leave a roster spot open in perpetuity. This is a false equivalency type argument.