Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-29-2021, 10:03 PM   #41
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Luka also needs to play with a little more urgency... I understand he's trying to get people involved but him putting pressure on the defense is the best way to open up everything for the others.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:05 PM   #42
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

We are so weak on the inside. It's so painful to watch.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:06 PM   #43
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I'm not sure why they think this team can rebound with just one big on the floor when they struggle even with two big's on the floor at times
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:08 PM   #44
tap2390
Diamond Member

Credit Kidd with the adjustment there and bringing in Kleber and Brunson.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:30 PM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Another game where Luka is playing pretty bad. He has missed several open guys, made the wrong play on PnR and had some late passes out of double teams where if he whipped the ball out Maxi has wide open looks. Instead one was a stupid turnover and another was so delayed that the defender had time to recover ans run him off the line. Instead of an open 3, we end up with an awkward Dorian runner.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:36 PM   #46
tap2390
Diamond Member

Yup Luka is playing very poorly to start the season.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:37 PM   #47
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

luka has been pretty bad

Dude just doesn't value possessions as much as you would like with all those terrible passes at times.

I actually thought since he played all summer he would show up in great shape and kill it right out of the gates.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:51 PM   #48
tap2390
Diamond Member

The Nugs move the ball, hit open shots, crash the offensive boards and get easy points in the paint, and Mavs do not. Simple.

I yearn for the alternate reality where Luka stays in shape, KP stays healthy, we drafted Tyrese Maxey and signed Richaun Holmes in the offseason.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:59 PM   #49
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I think I need to return to this team after the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:04 PM   #50
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

This is sad. I've been lurking all season and swore I wouldn't say anything until Powell was no longer starting, but...

How many effing YEARS does it take to realize Powell is not an NBA starter? SMH

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:18 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

DP is the common denominator to slow starts. Obviously Luka playing poorly and not to his really high standards is a major factor too.

Gotta stop the foolish S5. Get Maxi in at center.

We can't even evaluate the team over these 5 games because it's been such a wild acid trip.

Not just Luka, Dorian has NOT played like a starting Caliber or heavy minute player. Bad turnovers open look bricks are killing us. If we could have e move Dorian while his stock was at its highest this offseason...

We just don't have guys who can create. I'd loved to have had Richaun Holmes but we needed another creator more. Maxi, well this version of Maxi and not last year where he wasn't healthy is passable enough if KP is useful...and that is debatable so far.

The good news is our defense is definitely better. BUT if we don't find some consistency on the offensive end we will lose focus and start to drop off on the defensive end out of frustration.

Old 10-29-2021, 11:46 PM   #52
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
This is sad. I've been lurking all season and swore I wouldn't say anything until Powell was no longer starting, but...

How many effing YEARS does it take to realize Powell is not an NBA starter? SMH

That's my biggest issue with Kidd right now

How the hell does he allow Luka, KP and THJ to dictate who starts.

It's as clear as day that Powell is a disaster on both ends of the floor. Dude has lost his hop's and he can no longer finish inside. The worst part is he repeatedly gets his shot blocked because he has no lift anymore.

Then on defense he just compounds the situation because he can't rebound or defend inside.

5 games is more than enough time to determine this needs to be the 1st move made to the lineup by benching his ass.

Last edited by Dallas41; 10-29-2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:48 PM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

You know, most of us have been harping on the same shit that ails this team for going on three years now.

There is no excuse for poor play, but Luka is probably sick of having to do everything. Seriously, did we really just give THJ 20 mil a year to put three points on the board? At least DFS is making peanuts.

And EJ and Brown are better players than Powell, so at some point someone in the FO needs to do something about that. I don't care if the committee of the best athletes on earth want Powell to start that doesn't make it right. He isn't just not an NBA starter...he isn't an NBA player. Period.

I'm not overly upset with the coaching because he is trying to make them play defense. The problem is that we have an offense that is completely and solely reliant on one player to run it. It's just exacerbated with a new system that can't adapt, so we'll likely see the defense thrown out the window again and start gunning threes. What other choice is there?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:54 PM   #54
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

And yeah, it's not Luka's job to say who gets to start nor do I think he wants that type of authority. If a coach can't make that decision, then he shouldn't be coaching. That's the only real thing I have an issue with coaching-wise for now at least.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-29-2021 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:01 AM   #55
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You know, most of us have been harping on the same shit that ails this team for going on three years now.

There is no excuse for poor play, but Luka is probably sick of having to do everything. Seriously, did we really just give THJ 20 mil a year to put three points on the board? At least DFS is making peanuts.

And EJ and Brown are better players than Powell, so at some point someone in the FO needs to do something about that. I don't care if the committee of the best athletes on earth want Powell to start that doesn't make it right. He isn't just not an NBA starter...he isn't an NBA player. Period.

I'm not overly upset with the coaching because he is trying to make them play defense. The problem is that we have an offense that is completely and solely reliant on one player to run it. It's just exacerbated with a new system that can't adapt, so we'll likely see the defense thrown out the window again and start gunning threes. What other choice is there?
I can’t even get mad anymore. Just indifferent to the whole thing. Very good chance of missing the playoffs. Like you said we’ve been singing the same song for at least 3 years now. The only consolation is Pacers suck too.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:15 AM   #56
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Lots of twitter think Kidd might not last the season. I think that's absurd after 5 games. Yes, he is having offensive troubles right now, but what coach would fix this? Even if Rick magically came back, it would go back to no more defense and chucking threes. I don't want a quick fix that puts the team in the wrong direction again.

Old 10-30-2021, 01:28 AM   #57
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Even the general nba subreddit is like how tf is Powell a starting center in the nba.

Overall even these average nba fans are perplexed by the roster. So many non contributors who would barely see the floor in other cities.
Old 10-30-2021, 02:39 AM   #58
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Test failed
sunday the players have to step up
And one person for the game thread too....
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:59 AM   #59
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

In hindsight, we will have made the same mistake as the Pelicans did with Anthony Davis. I viewed the KP trade as a high risk/high reward move at the time, but it was just a dumb decision. We should have tanked in 2018/2019, and 2019/2020 too.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:14 AM   #60
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I can’t even get mad anymore. Just indifferent to the whole thing. Very good chance of missing the playoffs. Like you said we’ve been singing the same song for at least 3 years now. The only consolation is Pacers suck too.
This is me.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:51 AM   #61
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
In hindsight, we will have made the same mistake as the Pelicans did with Anthony Davis. I viewed the KP trade as a high risk/high reward move at the time, but it was just a dumb decision. We should have tanked in 2018/2019, and 2019/2020 too.
We had the opportunity to pick a couple of very useable players in 2020 but whiffed on all 3 for gods sake. 2019 offseason (waiting for Danny Green) and 2020 draft will be the dominos set in motion that drives a winless in playoffs Luka away in 2 years.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:23 AM   #62
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Good example of J-Kidd's concerted attempt to cede control of the ball from Luka to whomever other non-Globetrotter we have on our team:

https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status...238405126?s=20

We have gone from a top 5 offensive rating the past 2 years combined to a bottom 10 team this season so far. J-Kidd really is a defensive coach.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:26 AM   #63
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
We had the opportunity to pick a couple of very useable players in 2020 but whiffed on all 3 for gods sake. 2019 offseason (waiting for Danny Green) and 2020 draft will be the dominos set in motion that drives a winless in playoffs Luka away in 2 years.

I was the one clamoring to give Green time but honestly you're 100% right. We fucked up. Cuban, specifically, fucked up. Whoever drafted Luka and Brunson should have had the final say on our pick.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:30 AM   #64
tap2390
Diamond Member

We should highly consider tanking for the 2022 draft. We just don't have enough talent. This offseason just get rid of KP, Powell for the love of God.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:56 AM   #65
tap2390
Diamond Member

Get rid of THJ too while we're at it. I'm sick of his inconsistency.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:28 AM   #66
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
What makes you think they would have made better decisions had they not traded for KP? Mavs had every opportunity to improve the roster in the FA of 2019 and decided to sign Seth Curry and Delon Wright.

2020 draft worst in recent history. Did nothing in FA other than trade Curry for J-Rich.

2021 FA Could have gone after guys Derozan or Dinwiddie and decided one dimensional THJ was worth 20 million.

You would think the FO, and many fans too mind you, would understand that you just need to keep stockpiling talent even if the fit isn't there or they have a few flaws.

Old 10-30-2021, 10:58 AM   #67
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Based on what I've seen the best mixture of offense and defense for this team to start off games would be

Luka
Bullock
DFS
Kleber
KP

THJ needs go back to 6th man but i'm guessing because of the 20 mill they paid him the money dictates that he starts.

The 1st 4 off the bench should be the following

Brunson
Frank
THJ
WCS

Powell needs to be glued to the bench behind Boban and Moses Brown and he should be used as the emergency energy player only.

But this dude has become our Miami version of Udonis Haslem except we are asking his ass to start games.

Last edited by Dallas41; 10-30-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:13 AM   #68
tap2390
Diamond Member

Our roster is so depressing to look at. Not one player has elite physical tools. The one guy with high physical upside (Green) apparently has no scoring ability.

KP and Powell have been decimated by injuries and are shells of their former selves.

THJ's inconsistent shooting in light of his shot quality is painful. He also can't dribble a lick.

DFS, Maxi, and Bullock are playing well within their roles, but they are #4 or #5 offensive options on the floor at best.

It's high time we stop lying to ourselves about KP and THJ. Honestly I'd approve of a starting 5 that includes Brunson - Luka - DFS - Omoruyi - M. Brown. We just need a spark from somewhere. We need someone who brings consistent energy and gets easy buckets. We could easily be 0-5 right now, and will likely be one of the worst teams in the West by 2022 if we don't do something.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:44 AM   #69
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
What makes you think they would have made better decisions had they not traded for KP? Mavs had every opportunity to improve the roster in the FA of 2019 and decided to sign Seth Curry and Delon Wright.

2020 draft worst in recent history. Did nothing in FA other than trade Curry for J-Rich.

2021 FA Could have gone after guys Derozan or Dinwiddie and decided one dimensional THJ was worth 20 million.

You would think the FO, and many fans too mind you, would understand that you just need to keep stockpiling talent even if the fit isn't there or they have a few flaws.
This. Thank you for stating what should be obvious to anybody with half a bb brain.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:25 PM   #70
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

It be broke

From 1st in offense to 29th
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:31 PM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
start gunning threes
Mavs are already shooting more threes than last season. 42 a game so far compared to 38 last season. 43 a game was first last season, by the Jazz. They are currently fifth compared to sixth last season.

Also, according to Franko we are first in the league in non-corner three attempts, so they aren’t getting the best attempts.

Last edited by FreshJive; 10-30-2021 at 01:42 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #72
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Mavs are already shooting more threes than last season. 42 a game so far compared to 38 last season. 43 a game was first last season, by the Jazz. They are currently fifth compared to sixth last season.

Also, according to Franko we are first in the league in non-corner three attempts, so they aren’t getting the best attempts.
Wow, that's depressing.

Old 10-30-2021, 04:17 PM   #73
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We have gone from a top 5 offensive rating the past 2 years combined to a bottom 10 team this season so far. J-Kidd really is a defensive coach.
If by "defensive" you actually mean "bad," then I agree.

The moment it was announced that Kidd was replacing RC, I more or less gave up any real hope that the Mavs would do anything meaningful for the foreseeable future. Kidd is a bad NBA head coach. He had two chances already and he failed badly both times, but for reasons beyond my understanding, Cuban decided maybe three times was the charm?

Part of me wants the experiment to fail so badly that Cuban pulls the plug early and gets someone better before Luka hits free agency.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:46 PM   #74
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Good example of J-Kidd's concerted attempt to cede control of the ball from Luka to whomever other non-Globetrotter we have on our team:

https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status...238405126?s=20

1. No KP

2. Look at DP with the late and half asked screen

3. THJs defender reaches all the way across and looks like he connects with THJs arm...not the ball

3. He had a quick pocket bounce pass right before the double. Between the 2 defenders.

4. Bullock is supposed to already be there to screen Jokic.

5. This is a play that Igor has used before uccessfully before being here and it's worked here with us this season. I'm not convinced it is Kidd design. In fact I'm not sure many of our plays are or will be Kidd design. He may have a big role and ultimate say so in choosing the mainstays in the playback.

6. THJ can't allow such an easy turnover. We've known he isn't a ball handler and yet 500k people in the metro swore we needed to resign this guy or we were going to be fvcked.

Old 10-30-2021, 04:58 PM   #75
SMC0007
Guru

If I'm coach. I'm starting Luka, THJ, Omoruyi, Maxi and KP if available or Brown.

Dorian is full of bricks this season and aside from a few nice offensive rebounds he has barely been a quality role player.

Bullock hasn't played well aside from the game vs Rockets. He like most of the roster ALSO can not dribble.

Omoruyi on the other hand can shoot, dribble, pass, defend, has a feel for the game, hustles and is faster than both Dorian and Bullock. Everytime he plays positive things follow.

My first coaching staff complaint is like many others...rotation and minute distribution. IDGAF about us trying to run a few plays with Luka off ball though. But I do have issue with the fact that when we do that guys are literally giving the ball away. If they keep doing that, then I'll climb on board with only Luka, Frank and JB handling the ball.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:04 PM   #76
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If by "defensive" you actually mean "bad," then I agree.

The moment it was announced that Kidd was replacing RC, I more or less gave up any real hope that the Mavs would do anything meaningful for the foreseeable future. Kidd is a bad NBA head coach. He had two chances already and he failed badly both times, but for reasons beyond my understanding, Cuban decided maybe three times was the charm?

Part of me wants the experiment to fail so badly that Cuban pulls the plug early and gets someone better before Luka hits free agency.
So that's what it took? You didn't give up hope when we drafted ass guys and didn't upgrade the roster notably? Not when we haven't done sht since 2011. Watched Rigid Rick roll out bogus lineups and over use middle rotation at best players as key pieces around Luka for years?

This has way less to do with Kidd and company than it does with Cuban and the old regime up top.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:09 PM   #77
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
So that's what it took? You didn't give up hope when we drafted ass guys and didn't upgrade the roster notably? Not when we haven't done sht since 2011. Watched Rigid Rick roll out bogus lineups and over use middle rotation at best players as key pieces around Luka for years?

This has way less to do with Kidd and company than it does with Cuban and the old regime up top.
Yes, that's what it took. Good talk.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:49 PM   #78
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Yes, that's what it took. Good talk.
Makes perfect sense then.lol. Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:31 PM   #79
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Makes perfect sense then.lol. Thanks for clearing it up.
Spiral didn't think the 2019 FA was a total failure, so there is little reasoning with him there.

This is a roster problem first and foremost. You can always get a new coach. Fixing the roster is really hard with zero assets to trade.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:54 PM   #80
Melonhead
Guru

The roster isn’t Kidds fault but I don’t have any faith he can rally them to play above their heads.

Personal issues aside, can’t imagine anyone looking at his coaching career and thinking he could lead the team to a playoff series win considering it’s the same team.