Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-10-2022, 09:39 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Victor Wembanyama worked out with Holger

The Tankathon is going to enter the Victor Wembanaya sweepstakes get draft this guy -
Spurs, Hornets, who else??

Victor Wembanyama worked out with Holger*Geschwindner**

(from Slam Magazine)
https://www.slamonline.com/the-magaz...yama-slam-240/

*In the summer of 2021, Bouna Ndiaye decided to send Wembanyama to the basketball academy of Holger Geschwindner, the mentor of Dirk Nowitzki. Geschwindner sees basketball as an art form, and it was all but written for Victor to learn new things from another artist. Wembanyama?s eyes light up while talking about his 10-day stay in Wurzburg, Germany.

?At first, I thought I didn?t spend enough time with him to gain anything, but after a few days, I started thinking about it and I realized that it?s not about the moves he taught me. The way he shows it is really weird, but it?s not about doing exactly what he tells me, it?s more about gaining what you can gain from the philosophy of why he shoots like that, why his knees are like that, why his arms are on the side instead of being in the middle. It?s more about the whole body philosophy of how to shoot the ball, it?s more mental than anything, it?s about balance,? Victor recalls.

Master Holger ?Yoda? Geschwindner had found the perfect padawan in Victor?a big Star Wars aficionado himself?humble enough to listen and understand. Impressed, the German coach called Ndiaye and just had one thing to say: ?Victor doesn?t need any damn coach.? Holger also told his agent to stop the weightlifting and let Victor?s body mature in time. Victor was 17 and still growing.*
--

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 10-10-2022 at 09:59 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links