Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-05-2001, 06:44 PM   #41
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

I meant i have no doubt he WILL adress our weakness down low. We just need to get tougher, rougher, and more athletic down there on the blocks, Bradley doesn't even have one of thos qualifications. and please please STOP TRYING TO STICK PER 48 MINUTES STATS INTO THIS!!!!!! he will never, ever, ever play a 48 minute game because of foul trouble and lack of effectiveness.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:32 PM   #42
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

OK, Cigar., how about this. Bradley has some of the best stats of any center in the league playing less than 30 minutes a game. He is a more effective rebounder and shotblocker while he's on the court than several big name guys. It can be argued that what the Mavs really need, is someone to play the other 18 minutes at center while Bradley is resting. That may be the true weakness of the Mavs. You can insert your banger there if you like.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:25 PM   #43
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

I'm not a huge Bradley fan, but I do recognize that he can be a force if used in moderation (18 to 24 minutes a game). What we need a banger with a nasty attitude to play the other minutes.

One thing I do know, a Dirk/Bradley rotation is WAY too soft.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:38 PM   #44
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs#1Fan, I assume you are the same poster who BSes on Sportstalk? It's good to see all of the Sportstalk crew showing up over here... On the subject of Bradley, I have never said that he is the answer at the center position, but that he is a weapon who we can use. He is also the best center on our squad and a darn sight better than what some teams have. hopefully we will be able to make a strong move for Antonio Davis this Summer, or else try to get a guy like Oakley or Jeff Foster (I am not kidding about Foster- he is a tough physical rebounder and defender)... Until then we will just have to try to outscore teams, and live and die by the jumpshot... However, I don't think anyone can argue that our team defense would be better without Bradley on the team- he is our only real shot blocker (with the possible exception of Booth)...
Old 03-05-2001, 09:47 PM   #45
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

I'm the same Mavs#1Fan. We really need Antonio Davis bad, Dirk is getting killed at center. I'm really worried about Dirk. In tonite's game he got hammered several times. I'm thinking that opposing teams are trying to get physical with him to take him out of his offensive flow - when's the last time Dirk missed 3 straight FT's?
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:53 PM   #46
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk had to be taken out early in the game after he got two fouls... Foul trouble and physical pounding are real good ways to take Dirk out of the game. Dirk needs more upper body strength and weight before he can handle the center postion... It's going to get even worse if Nelson plays him at center against all of the Western playoff powers we are going to face in the next few weeks... You know guys like Divac, Polynice/Ostertag, Shaq, and Sabonis/Kemp/Davis would all love to pound on Dirk in the paint all day...