Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-20-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Battlestar Galactica

First Look at the New Show
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking forward to this. I loved the original with Lorne Greene. I saw some previews during the premiere of Stargate SG-1. It looked pretty good.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 03:09 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

It has promise. Some aspects don't thrill me. Edward james Olmos was an inspired choice in my opinion.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 06-20-2003, 03:22 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Battlestar Galactica

A new Battlestar Galactica? Can a new Knight Rider be far behind?
Old 06-21-2003, 10:55 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Actually.....there is a movie in early development.

Old 06-21-2003, 11:32 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I totally lost interest when I found out that they had cast a chick in the role of Starbuck.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

As I said, "Some aspects don't thrill me."

Old 06-23-2003, 03:08 PM   #8
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Can a new Knight Rider be far behind?
Did you already forget Knight Rider 2000???

signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:34 AM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Battlestar Galactica Heads to DVD In October

July 03, 2003
According to Variety, all 24 episodes of Battlestar Galactica are going to be released on DVD October 21 as a set retailing for $119.98. Extras will include interviews with surviving stars and a preview of the Sci Fi Channel miniseries due later this year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sci Fi Channel To Do Battlestar Galactica Miniseries for Late 03

March 11, 2003
The Sci Fi Channel is about to begin production on a four-hour Battlestar Galactica miniseries, which will air late this year. It will be directed by Michael Rymer (Queen of the Damned), written by Ronald D. Moore (Roswell, Mission: Impossible II, Star Trek: First Contact), and star Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber, and Katee Sackhoff. Bamber will play Apollo, a character that was played by Richard Hatch in the original series; and Sackhoff will play a female Starbuck, which was a male character played by Dirk Benedict in the series.

At one time Fox had ordered a Battlestar Galactica pilot, but it was shut down due to Fox's desire that director Brian Singer focus all of his attention on directing the first X-Men film.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:30 AM   #10
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Boffo
Third Highest Ratings in Sci Fi Channel's History

December 12, 2003
The Sci Fi Channel's new miniseries version of the classic TV space opera Battlestar Galactica scored impressive ratings in its debut, averaging almost 4.2 million viewers for each of its two-hour segments, which aired last Monday and Tuesday. Galactica's numbers, which equaled those of the more heralded (and heavily-hyped) Angels in America on HBO, were strong enough to make it the third highest rated show in the Sci Fi Channel's history, trailing only Steven Spielberg's Taken and the Frank Herbert's Dune miniseries. On Tuesday night Galactica was the most watched show on cable and its ratings were stronger than those of both the WB and UPN broadcast networks. On Sunday, December 14th, the Sci Fi Channel will repeat the entire four-hour miniseries. Galactica's strong showing should ensure its continuation either in the form of additional miniseries, or, more likely, as a continuing series.

+++

I watched both episodes and I was impressed. I never thought about how many holes the original series had until the new one came out. I still didn't like role of Starbuck being played by a woman but at least she was a cigar smoking, gambling, fighting, and get thrown in the brig character.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:46 AM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
I totally lost interest when I found out that they had cast a chick in the role of Starbuck.
Starbuck is a woman?? Didn't Dirk Benedict play him originally. Oh how I miss the A-Team! I'll check it out. It will be interesting how they upgrade the "cyclops" or "cyclones". What do you call those robots?
Old 12-12-2003, 09:55 AM   #12
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Starbuck is a woman??
Yes

Quote:
Didn't Dirk Benedict play him originally.
Yes

Quote:
Oh how I miss the A-Team! I'll check it out. It will be interesting how they upgrade the "cyclops" or "cyclones". What do you call those robots?
Cylon - but now they have robots who look human too.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #13
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I did not enjoy the new Battlestar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #14
Max Power
Banned

Battlestar Galactica To Be Regular Series
From Sci Fi Channel

February 04, 2004
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the Sci Fi Channel has picked up the options on the cast members for Battlestar Galactica, and shooting is likely to start soon on a regular series which may start airing as soon as late this year. The ratings on the December miniseries made a return likely, and Sci Fi Channel is reportedly backing the show with a production budget that will make it one of cable's most expensive series.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
I did not enjoy the new Battlestar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I loved that faxing cow.....

The series will probably be a one year wonder. I liked parts of the pilot but was overall disappointed.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:33 PM   #16
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
I loved that faxing cow.....

The series will probably be a one year wonder. I liked parts of the pilot but was overall disappointed.

This comment should be in the schizophrenic thread...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Battlestar Galactica

bogeys faxing cow was greatness
Old 02-04-2004, 03:40 PM   #18
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
bogeys faxing cow was greatness
Oh, puh-lease.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Oh come on dooby.....how can you not like the faxing cow as a former cow yourself?

Old 01-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #20
Max Power
Banned

Season series starts Friday!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #21
Max Power
Banned

February 11, 2005

Battlestar Galactica has been renewed for a second season on Sci Fi Channel, according to Variety. The miniseries got great ratings on cable (and was shown on network TV, see "Battlestar Galactica Gets Network Exposure"); the initial episodes of the regaulr series have also been drawing large audiences. The entire cast is signed for the second season.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #22
Dooby
Diamond Member

Anybody watch this show? I still do. I think it is one of the best things on TV. Battlestar Galactica and Lost are the only two shows I watch on a consistent basis anymore.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #23
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wow...how did Max Power get banned?

I've heard that it is a fine series, doob, but I don't have time to catch it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #24
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

yeah I watch it doob. I've seasons 1 and 2 on dvd but haven't seen any of the 3rd season. man those season finales are killers. talk about leaving you hanging, jesh. I'd have to agree with you that it's one of the best shows on tv. then again, I think Surface is probably the best show on (regular) tv this year, slightly ahead of Lost. maybe that's because surface is the newer of the two and has more shock value.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #25
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

never even heard of "Surface"....what is it?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
never even heard of "Surface"....what is it?
[TempHijack]It was NBC's answer to Lost. It already had it's season finale 2 weeks ago. And talking about leaving an audience hanging. We may never find out what happens because NBC still has not announced if they are renewing it next season.

Long live Nimrod.

[/TempHijack]
Old 02-21-2006, 11:40 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
wow...how did Max Power get banned?
In a bit of an odd story you probably do not want to hear the details of, he didn't "return the favor" to kg_vet on a not so distant Friday night outing.

BTW....I LOVE Surface. If that isn't renewed I will be pissed.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #28
Dooby
Diamond Member

For those watch this show, does anybody agree with me that Col. Tigh's wife is probably a cylon? Has any one non-military person caused as much havoc as her?

Old 02-21-2006, 04:50 PM   #29
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
In a bit of an odd story you probably do not want to hear the details of, he didn't "return the favor" to kg_vet on a not so distant Friday night outing.
You and sike flirt amongst yourselves. Don't try and throw me under your homoerotic bus.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #30
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

This is the only reason I watch this show.........
Old 02-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in Battlestar-Galactica-Marathon-Mode for about a week now. I'm up to episode 14 of season 2 and I am completely sucked in. It definitely fits the bill of being "soap-operish" with its often too-easy resolution of the subplots, but the writing is overall good and so far the larger story-arcs seem to be well-thought out. I also like the acting and the characters themselves, but I can't think of the second-in-command guy (can't think of his name right now) as anything other than "John McCain". Anyway, I still have alot of hours of mindless tv watching ahead of me, but I just wanted to comment about how great this show is.

BTW, Starbuck owns you all.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-05-2007 at 10:26 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man...that bitch just shot Adama in the stomach twice.

(This show is finally starting to pick up a little bit)

On to season 2 tomorrow!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #33
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

season 4 is just as good as season 2 btw. new episodes in a month!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Why is the black doctor....probably Cylon, trying to get Starbuck to consider having a baby?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Kobol looks a lot like Vancouver.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:55 AM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
A new Battlestar Galactica? Can a new Knight Rider be far behind?
Hahaha.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

^I know right? I had a premonition.

As to Flaco.... you sure are slow. Only in Season 2?

Trying to consider? Giggle.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #38
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anything about this show. I just know Dwight Schrute thinks I'm an IDIOT for not watching it.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

To u2:

I still have 7 weeks until new tv starts....I'm pacing myself. Besides, the show doesn't come back until December or January right?

To alby:

"Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica."
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah...... you are right...... January 2009.

I hate television.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-07-2008 at 09:25 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excellent television, your mom is a cylon